Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Tornado Alley Cobra Club (Eastern Oklahoma)

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-29-2010, 12:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Registering a cobra in OK

I have BDR on order, I am nearing the point for registration. The question is, like everyone else.

Do yall register it as, 1965 or 2010, new or used. Make, would it be Backdraft and model be Cobra, or did yall go with Shelby cobra.

I have been to the OK website but did not find specific information. My wife called last week and the person she talked to thought she was speaking Greek.

Thanks for your help.

I am in the Bixby, OK

Unfortunately, it will not be ready for Hallett.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MK III,462 FE/TKO 600, IRS w/3.27
Not Ranked     

Hey Tulsa Cobra,

Interesting timing!! I was talking to OKC last Friday, I talked to a Scott, he was very helpful and knowledgeable. I'm about ready for title/tag on my FFR, and I was curious if I could get a title/tag w/o installing the body? I've just recently go-karted mine, I would like to go ahead and title/tag it for short drives to de-bug it, while still having the body off for paint prep.

He said to send in all pertinent paperwork (MCO/MSO, receipts, plus a OK tax comm form, etc) to OKC, they would process it in 2-3 wks, and send me back an "instruction packet" that I would then take to a tag agent.

"Do yall register it as, 1965 or 2010, new or used. Make, would it be Backdraft and model be Cobra, or did yall go with Shelby cobra."

I asked the same questions.......he said it would be titled as "homebuilt/kit". I asked if it would be 2010 or 1965? He said it would say "1965 Cobra replica" after the "homebuilt/kit".

I haven't done it yet, but it sounds like the key is whatever your MSO/MCO from Backdraft says on it. He asked if my FFR MSO/MCO had a VIN on it? I told him that FFR doesn't assign VIN's, only "chassis numbers" during manufacturing. Scott ( in OKC) said if my "chassis #" was acceptable, that they (OKC) might just use it as the OK VIN (my preference), if not, they would assign a VIN (my 2nd choice, as I would probably have to have a plate w/new VIN # made up and attached on frame).

I'm east of Broken Arrow, probably not too far from you. Maybe we can compare notes some time. I'll PM you with my phone # & e-mail.

good luck,
Joe

FFR#6143 Mk III: FE 462" w/four 48 IDA Weber's w/TKO 600 .82, IRS w/3.27, 17" Team III's w/245/45's & 315/35's. Gas N's.

Picked it up end of Aug '08
First start May 12, '10
First go kart May 26, '10
Tag & title 5-26-11, driving in gel coat
Painted Nov 2015

'05 Harley Wide Glide (60 hp stock, now 107 hp & 107 ft/lbs at wheel. Mid 11's in the 1/4 mi.)
'55 Bel Air hot rod project (WIP)
Old 06-01-2010, 01:52 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RUCC, 289 c.i. with a T-5 "Living the Cobra Experience"
Not Ranked     

When I registered my Cobra back in 2007, I had to supply the tag agency with receipts for the engine, tranny, frame and body. I didn't have an MSO. I also had to fill out an affidavit stating that it was home built.

My title shows mine as a 2007 model year (and I don't care), I was told they don't put 1965 Cobra Replica on the title. Maybe it depends on who you talk to though.

The process took about 3 months (they assigned it a VIN number) until I heard back from Oak City. Then I had to attach the VIN somewhere on the vehicle & take it to the tag agency (so they could verify the VIN was on the car)for my plate.

Consider yourself lucky if this state does anything in 2-3 weeks!

Good luck,
Randy

"Living the Cobra Experience"
Old 06-02-2010, 02:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I just found out that I have a VIN and a MSO, it is a backdraft cobra, so hopefully the process will be somewhat easier than the time that yall are having. I just got the VIN yest and the MSO should be in next week, at that point I will start the process.

At least we don't have to worry about smog ect.

I appreciate any info, and will pass along my experience as I go as well.

THanks
Old 06-02-2010, 07:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster II
Not Ranked     

I'm in OKC and getting ready to do the same process. I bought a Classic Roadster that was started, but I have taken down to bones and started over. It's going for paint Friday and hopefully the tag office in the next two weeks. I've got the paperwork and information from my tag office, so we shall see.

Krewton
Old 06-03-2010, 05:33 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by wideglidejoe View Post
Hey Tulsa Cobra,

Interesting timing!! I was talking to OKC last Friday, I talked to a Scott, he was very helpful and knowledgeable. I'm about ready for title/tag on my FFR, and I was curious if I could get a title/tag w/o installing the body? I've just recently go-karted mine, I would like to go ahead and title/tag it for short drives to de-bug it, while still having the body off for paint prep.

He said to send in all pertinent paperwork (MCO/MSO, receipts, plus a OK tax comm form, etc) to OKC, they would process it in 2-3 wks, and send me back an "instruction packet" that I would then take to a tag agent.

"Do yall register it as, 1965 or 2010, new or used. Make, would it be Backdraft and model be Cobra, or did yall go with Shelby cobra."

I asked the same questions.......he said it would be titled as "homebuilt/kit". I asked if it would be 2010 or 1965? He said it would say "1965 Cobra replica" after the "homebuilt/kit".

I haven't done it yet, but it sounds like the key is whatever your MSO/MCO from Backdraft says on it. He asked if my FFR MSO/MCO had a VIN on it? I told him that FFR doesn't assign VIN's, only "chassis numbers" during manufacturing. Scott ( in OKC) said if my "chassis #" was acceptable, that they (OKC) might just use it as the OK VIN (my preference), if not, they would assign a VIN (my 2nd choice, as I would probably have to have a plate w/new VIN # made up and attached on frame).

I'm east of Broken Arrow, probably not too far from you. Maybe we can compare notes some time. I'll PM you with my phone # & e-mail.

good luck,
Joe
Joe, I sent you a PM.

Randy

Old 06-03-2010, 05:41 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulsa cobra View Post
I just found out that I have a VIN and a MSO, it is a backdraft cobra, so hopefully the process will be somewhat easier than the time that yall are having. I just got the VIN yest and the MSO should be in next week, at that point I will start the process.

At least we don't have to worry about smog ect.

I appreciate any info, and will pass along my experience as I go as well.

THanks
Tulsa cobra,

Let me know when your Cobra's ready for the road, maybe you can come hang out with our car "group". It's about 15 folks with different cars, classics, street rods and of course five Cobras. We'd love to have you join us for a cruise or a car show.

My e-mail address is: projectscales@hotmail.com

See ya,
Randy (aka Juggernaut)
Claremore, OK

Old 06-03-2010, 06:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Definitely will. Should be completed by mid July, which seems like an eternity, but will be here soon.

I appreciate the hospitality.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:31 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulsa cobra View Post
Definitely will. Should be completed by mid July, which seems like an eternity, but will be here soon.

I appreciate the hospitality.

Seems like an eternity but will be well worth the wait. I hope you like attention, you know these cars do attract a lot of it!

Keep in touch, we're planning a cruise up to Grove & the Grand Lake area around the middle to the end of July.

See ya,
Randy