Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Tornado Alley Cobra Club (Eastern Oklahoma)

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-16-2011, 04:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default New guy in Edmond/OKC

Wanted to throw out a quick hello to the Oklahoma guys and gals. I'm currently residing in Edmond and would love to meet anyone and everyone who might be close.

I'm currently in early stages of researching who I might want to purchase my kit from as well as motor, etc. I'd love to hear your thoughts on why you chose what you did.

Also, though I am fairly mechanically minded and have access to a family-owned automotive repair business, I have never dove into anything like this. Is that okay or should I consider doing another (different) make/model before going head in on the Cobra?

Thanks,
Todd
Old 03-06-2012, 05:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RUCC, 429CJ
Not Ranked     
Default Meet us at Coffee and cars

Todd meet us at coffee and cars the first Saturday of each month. It is at Memorial and Penn, by Texas road House. We had 5 cobras last saturday and 10 the month before.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR track car, SL-C track car
Not Ranked     

Welcome! My FIL lives in Edmond. Nice place.

If you are ever in Dallas on the 1st Saturday, the Texas Cobra Club meets that day too. We usually have 15 - 25 cobras of various makes.

(not trying to upstage the Oklahoma guys, just want you to be aware of all the options).

With your skills you should definately consider a cobra replica.

John

Last edited by dallas_; 03-06-2012 at 06:56 PM.. Reason: oops, I just realized the OP was almost a year ago
Old 03-07-2012, 04:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadsters, 306 SBF
Not Ranked     
Default Welcom

Don's reply about Cars and Coffee would be a Great place to start your project to be able to look at various brands of Cobras. I have never been, but thinking of going to the Cars and Coffee in Norman this month, 3rd Saturday at Mark Hietz Chevy
Old 03-07-2012, 05:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

If you're are in the planning stages I know of a deal that might be worth looking into. Barry McGill a Hot Rod builder and master welder has a Cobra he built for a guy that is lacking only a driveshaft and battery plus the assembly. All the other components are there a nd just need to be assembled. I believe the upholstry is the traditional black vinyl. Engine is a strong 475 hp 331 stroker with a brand new T-5 WC Tranny. I built the engine with an Eagle Stroker kit complete with a forged Eagle Crank and rods. Edelbrock heads and nice rumpty rump cam. I believe I put a QF 650 carb on it too.

This is nothing to me but the guy has some health issues and is moving to Montana. He only wants $23,000.00 for everything. I know I had about $8,000 in the engine and it dyno'd at just under 500 hp.

Contact Karen Wells <karen@mcgills-streetrods.com> if you are interested. I believe the correct telephone number is: 417-472-9848 or 417-472-3547.

By the way I am putting on a Track Event June 1-3 at Hallett come by and take a ride in one of just about every manufacturers Cobra's out there. See my post on the Events Forum.

Thanks,

Clois Harlan

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 11-14-2012, 07:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Not Ranked     

Todd,

Did you ever make a decision on a manufacturer? Tell us what you bought and how things are going for you these days.

Clois Harlan

"Let's roll"

Old 01-06-2013, 10:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR#312
Not Ranked     
Default Living in Edmond, OK

Hello,

I've also been looking for others in Edmond/OKC with cobras...I just bought a BDR chassis #312 in Orlando back in November and took it down to Custom Cars in Boynton to look it over before sending home...took delivery early dec. loving it! Wx has gotten cold though...trying out the soft top and tonneau. If you live in Edmond, I've been driving it regularly around town trying to get tickets I recently ran into a black w red striped cobra on the way back from Pops out by Arcadia lake...so nice to see another close to home, he looked excited too, honked and flashed me...wish I would of stopped to talk...BTW my car is electric blue w Wimbledon white stripes, just in case you have seen it around town.

Do guys go every first Saturday to Cars & Coffee, or is it only in warmer months?

Also, I would love to check out and drive my car at Hallett...do I need A COMMA license/membership to go check it out one time?

Thanks,
Mark
Old 01-07-2013, 05:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Welcome to Edmond

Typically 5 or 6 of us show up at Cars & Coffee. There are about 20 of us that have a loose knit Cobra group formed in OKC/Edmond. Send me a PM with your email address/contact info and I will pass your email address on to our group. There are alot of track days available at Hallett during the year that would not require a Comma Membership.

Chuck

Last edited by csingletary01; 01-07-2013 at 05:06 AM.. Reason: additional info
Old 01-07-2013, 05:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Go to their website: Hallett Motor Racing Circuit and check on their High Speed Touring Days (I think they run one a month). You will probably find other Cobra's, Coupes, etc. when you do. Cost is around $100 for the day and you can buy race fuel and street fuel at the track. Wear a cotton long sleve shirt and long pants and be sure your helmet is 2005 or newer. Have fun!

"Let's roll"

Old 01-07-2013, 02:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR track car, SL-C track car
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtgauvin View Post
I recently ran into a black w red striped cobra on the way back from Pops out by Arcadia lake...
Pops!

I love that place!

Plus, that's a good road to open it up a bit.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Todd,

I live just up the road from you in Guthrie. I have a FFR Cobra in build status. Give me a call.

Chuck 613-3901
Old 01-12-2013, 08:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Chuck,

I live just north of Waterloo near Santa Fe...like to see your FFR progress. I wanted to build a FF, but realized w my schedule it would be a never ending project...so sad! But I did buy a BDR Cobra and am loving it!

Email me @ 737av8or@att.net

Mark
Old 01-13-2013, 06:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Welcome Chuck

Hi Chuck,

I live near Danforth and Western. Would love to see your build.

csingletary1948@yahoo.com

Chuck
Old 01-19-2013, 04:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Todd,

I live in north Edmond and have a Backdraft Racing Cobra, if your interested in meeting sometime, as long as its not freezing out, I'd be happy to drive it and meet you, talk cars, kit choices, etc...

If this interests you PM me and I'll send you my number....

Mark
Old 01-20-2013, 07:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Mark sent you an email

Sent you an email with my phone number

Chuck