Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Tornado Alley Cobra Club (Eastern Oklahoma)

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-20-2008, 03:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Spyder GT, 347
Not Ranked     
Default Hola

Hey TACC, I just registered on the site and you get my very first post. I see there is an emphasis here on Eastern Oklahoma... is there a western OK subforum? I am stationed at Vance AFB in Enid and am almost finished with my F5R Spyder GT aka Coupe roadster. I am looking for some recommendations on paint in OK - I had a lot of work done out in California by Ken aka StreetRodPainter, and my body is in primer but needs some touchup and final paint done.

Here's a pic of my kit that I took yesterday.

-Dave
Old 01-21-2008, 08:15 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RUCC, 289 c.i. with a T-5 "Living the Cobra Experience"
Not Ranked     

Welcome to the forum! Nice car, what engine do you have in it?

Our club doesn't emphasis on Eastern Oklahoma, it's just where most of our members live. We also have members in Ada & McAlester. There doesn't seem to be one in western Oklahoma.

As far as painters go in OK, I got mine painted by a friend out here in my neck of the woods. He has his own paint shop, paints classics, kit cars & so on. He does this just as a hobby right now. You might want to do a separate post & ask our forum family your question, I'm sure someone can help you out.

If you're interested in getting together with our club, no problem, just send me a pm for more info.

See ya,
Randy

"Living the Cobra Experience"
Old 01-21-2008, 08:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

What color are you going to paint your Spyder? Looks as though you have it on the road already. Just about ready to send my Coupe to paint by mid February. It's black for me with a purple/yellow stripe....Mardi Gras you know! Just kidding.

Are you closer to OKC than Tulsa? If you are interested in having it painted here in Tulsa, I can recommend several shops just email me.

Clois Harlan

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 01-22-2008, 12:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Spyder GT, 347
Not Ranked     

The engine is a 10.5:1 347. I'm having some difficulty getting it started, although everything is there. I recently suspect that the TFI might not be turning on when I crank the engine over since I'm running a keyless ignition setup and hardwired a momentary pushbutton straight to the starter relay. The engine will turn over and almost light off but not quite catch... currently the car has 0 miles, haven't even gokarted yet .

I am about an hour and a half away from OKC and Tulsa as well, but we usually go to OKC because of the tolls on 412. I'd definetly be interested in paint recommendations for guys that have experience with kit cars and fiberglass. My car will be painted Audi silver, like the A8s, and other than being disassembled, having the doors/hood realigned, and a good cleaning, should be ready for paint.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Not Ranked     

If you're interested in having your car painted in Tulsa give David Miller a call at Trinity Restoration (93rd and S. Memorial) I believe one of his shops has built and or painted several FFR kits or contact A-1 in Broken Arrow. Both do excellent work.

Clois

"Let's roll"

Old 01-22-2008, 01:48 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I know Trinity has done at least one Cobra, David showed me pictures of it when I had him do my headers/sidepipes. He didn't mention that they did 5 of them just that one, I could be wrong though.

Food for thought - I feel Trinity's prices are kind of high, especially with the new building he just opened (high overhead). The work they do is ok, but a little pricey.

Old 01-29-2008, 07:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1965 Mustang,GT-350 Clone,289cid, T-5z,350 trac-Loc.
Not Ranked     

Now that's a Spyder I wouldn't mind being in my shop!!!!
Marty.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I like the Spyder but I would really like to see that Mustang you have as an avatar in my garage!

Clois

"Let's roll"

Old 01-31-2008, 10:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I have known David since he was probably 5 o r 6 years old in fact his mother and I were boyfriend and girlfriend in Jr. High School. We took a run at it again about 20 years ago but it just didn't go anywhere. All that said I guess I may be a little biased regarding David. My wife and I visited with him at his mothers New Years party and he told me he has three shops now and that most of the classic stuff is done at his shop on 41st street.

Now, we have that out of the way, When are you going to get that new Cobra of yours out on the roads? I mean it was 60 degrees last weekend, what more do you want?

Also, Randy have you picked up a copy of Kit Car this month?

Clois

"Let's roll"

Old 01-31-2008, 11:15 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clois Harlan View Post
I have known David since he was probably 5 o r 6 years old in fact his mother and I were boyfriend and girlfriend in Jr. High School. We took a run at it again about 20 years ago but it just didn't go anywhere. All that said I guess I may be a little biased regarding David. My wife and I visited with him at his mothers New Years party and he told me he has three shops now and that most of the classic stuff is done at his shop on 41st street.

Now, we have that out of the way, When are you going to get that new Cobra of yours out on the roads? I mean it was 60 degrees last weekend, what more do you want?

Also, Randy have you picked up a copy of Kit Car this month?

Clois
No, haven't picked up the latest copy of Kit Car, should I? Can't seem to find a place that sells it in Claremore.

No telling when my Cobra will be done, I jinxed myself WAY TOO MANY TIMES by saying when I think it would be done.

All I will say now is, when it's done, it's done. Believe me, everyone will know when it's done.

See ya,
Randy

Old 02-02-2008, 07:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

60? I could have swore it was 81! Oops, I'm in South Florida this week...my bad.
Randy, I'll get a copy, I've got plenty of time to read this week. Got another project for you when your Cobra is done. Since you did such a nice job on your Cobra, how about the Blue '65 Mustang fastback?

Marty.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:10 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by scales View Post
60? I could have swore it was 81! Oops, I'm in South Florida this week...my bad.
Randy, I'll get a copy, I've got plenty of time to read this week. Got another project for you when your Cobra is done. Since you did such a nice job on your Cobra, how about the Blue '65 Mustang fastback?

Marty.
Yep, the Cobra is turning out pretty nice, but as you know, it was a team effort!

Blue 65 Mustang, I wonder which one that is.......................

See ya!

Old 02-02-2008, 07:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clois Harlan View Post
I like the Spyder but I would really like to see that Mustang you have as an avatar in my garage!

Clois
You just made the effort worth it.

Marty.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
Yep, the Cobra is turning out pretty nice, but as you know, it was a team effort!

Blue 65 Mustang, I wonder which one that is.......................

See ya!
That's the one.Vic's going to let it go.
Marty.
Old 02-03-2008, 07:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RUCC, 351w, T5
Not Ranked     

Marty, your Clone has given me the fever to build one fo my own, it may be the end of the year before I get the Cobra done but I have a couple of buddy's looking for me a 65.

Darren
Old 02-03-2008, 08:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by modified View Post
Marty, your Clone has given me the fever to build one fo my own, it may be the end of the year before I get the Cobra done but I have a couple of buddy's looking for me a 65.

Darren
Building the Mustang has been one of the most satisfying of all my car builds. I believe it's because it was built from a shell and I had to pull all my resource's together to get it to where it is today. I can safely say, I know how you Cobra kit car guys feel.

My brother in law looks like he'll be selling his '65 Fastback.I've been keeping it for him so I could do a "Gone-in-60 Seconds" Rest-o-Mod conversion on it. It appears that this project this isn't going to happen.When I get back to Oklahoma,I'll have more information on what he wants to do.

I've got an old 70 Ranchero that would be perfect for a Shelby AC Ranchero GT-3fiddy Clone......That'll cure the fever. What say you?

Marty.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RUCC, 351w, T5
Not Ranked     

Building a Cobra was something I wanted to do since the High School days. I've had my eye on the mustangs for a while now and it looks like it may be my next project but I have to have a lot of passion for a car to spend that much time on it so for now I'm going to stick with looking for a Mustang.
I'm the typical male with to many hobbies, I also fly giant scale Radio Control Airplanes and have been spending way too much time flying and not near enough time working on the Cobra, that's going to have to change if I expect to have her on the road this summer.

Darren