Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Tornado Alley Cobra Club (Eastern Oklahoma)

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-26-2009, 07:38 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RUCC, 289 c.i. with a T-5 "Living the Cobra Experience"
Not Ranked     
Default Car Show this Saturday

2009 Spring Mayhem Car Show. This show supports the Claremore High School Girls Softball team. Registration is from 8:30-10:30, awards at 3:00.

For more info, go to www.zebrasoftball.com

Looks like there are four or five of us going so far.

"Living the Cobra Experience"

Last edited by Juggernaut; 05-26-2009 at 07:53 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-07-2009, 07:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RUCC, 351w, T5
Not Ranked     

I was wondering what class you all enter your Cobra's in at car shows?

Darren
Old 06-08-2009, 04:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

Randy,

How did your car show go this weekend? I was suppose to pick up my Coupe last week but it was not ready. Cobra is in race trim right now and not streetable. Each year before Hallett I try and have everything ready before and each year I am busting my ARSE to get something fixed the day before competition begins. This year was going to be different. NOT! Now, I hear a flat spot when I run up the RPM's. Plug wire, plug, timing, gap on one of my lifters may need adjusting. I HOPE?

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 06-08-2009, 10:02 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Darren,

There aren't many shows around here (at least that I found) that have a class for replicas, just three. I usually look for a "Sports Car" or a "Convertible" class. My car usually does well in the "Sports Car" class, I've got some 1st. & 2nd. places in that one.

Just look for a class that best fits your car & go for it. I have more fun BS'ing with people & meeting new folks at these events.

Of course, getting some recoginition is always nice too!

Randy

Old 06-08-2009, 10:14 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clois Harlan View Post
Randy,

How did your car show go this weekend? I was suppose to pick up my Coupe last week but it was not ready. Cobra is in race trim right now and not streetable. Each year before Hallett I try and have everything ready before and each year I am busting my ARSE to get something fixed the day before competition begins. This year was going to be different. NOT! Now, I hear a flat spot when I run up the RPM's. Plug wire, plug, timing, gap on one of my lifters may need adjusting. I HOPE?

Clois
Had a good time at the show even if there were only 36 cars there. Didn't win anything though, neither did the other two Cobra's that were there.

Not an excuse but they only had three classes, "Street Rod" broken down by year groups, "Muscle Car" broken down by year groups & "Special Interest" broken down by year groups.

Turns out that guys with all original cars were entering them in the "Special Interest" class since some weren't Muscle Cars (64 289 Impala, 70,000 miles for instance). The Cobra's were in the Special Interest class so the trophies went to the old original cars, which made sense to me, they deserved it.

Two other friends with Cobra's showed up but didn't put them in the show, we all had a great time.

Getting a little tired of just doing shows, I want to do some cruises this year. I'll plan one this fall up to Osage Hills National Park, I hear it's nice up there when the leaves turn color. After the racing's over, maybe we can try another one, Grand Lake maybe?

Well, this year will be different, you still got some time to get rid of flat spot before Hallett. Good luck.

Randy

Old 06-08-2009, 12:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking Shows

Thanks Randy,
I entered mine in a car show for the first time this weekend, i didn't know what class to enter it in so I just wrote down Vintage. Come to find out there was about 30 entered in that class out of the 112 cars entered in the show, about 5 or 6 real nice 55 to 57 chevys and a couple of completely restored classics.
I was hard for me to believe that I got first place with that kind of cars showing up, it just goes to show the following these cars have. I bet I answered a million questions about cobras to the point I went over and sat at a buddies car just to get away. Owning a Cobra is so hard...
Old 06-08-2009, 01:51 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by modified View Post
Thanks Randy,
I entered mine in a car show for the first time this weekend, i didn't know what class to enter it in so I just wrote down Vintage. Come to find out there was about 30 entered in that class out of the 112 cars entered in the show, about 5 or 6 real nice 55 to 57 chevys and a couple of completely restored classics.
I was hard for me to believe that I got first place with that kind of cars showing up, it just goes to show the following these cars have. I bet I answered a million questions about cobras to the point I went over and sat at a buddies car just to get away. Owning a Cobra is so hard...
Wow, you did good! Congrats!

I've found myself doing the same thing having to get away from the car, so many questions, so little time!

I also like to step away from the car (like I don't own it) just to listen in to what people our saying about it. Sometimes I hear some people telling others all about the history of the Cobra, thats always a treat!

Old 06-08-2009, 01:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I did the same and heard a lot of strange things that I didn't know before. Did you know these cars were built by Dan Shelby back in the 60's?
Old 06-08-2009, 02:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1965 Mustang,GT-350 Clone,289cid, T-5z,350 trac-Loc.
Not Ranked     

That's just silly. Everyone knows that in 1963 that Dan Shelby built the only year production of the all Metal Corvette!
Old 06-08-2009, 07:26 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Maybe "Dan Shelby" made both cars?

But I heard that Dan's mother Carol actually had the Cobra idea first.

Last edited by Juggernaut; 06-08-2009 at 07:26 PM.. Reason: Spelling