SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Cobra Tech Areas > Transmission Talk

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
May 2024
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-22-2013, 07:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Jerico 5 speed Road Race Box

Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone in the USA can give me a retail price including shifter etc for a Jerico 5 speed tranny. I've emailed Jerico without response.

Over here in Oz the Jerico dealer is quoting me $8500 AUD landed. I run a Jerico 4 speed now. Time for an upgrade.

Thanks in advance. Just an indicative would be of great help.

Spookypt
Old 10-23-2013, 03:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Look into a G-Force

spookypt First name would be nice? Spooky doesn't go well with colored people on the east coast, just a thought. Now for the rest. I have been running a clutchless G-Force for 9 years. Same a T-Rex or Jerico. The only down side to this is the 5th gear is a 1 to 1 ratio. They sell no overdrives. I run a 3.31 rearend. With a 482 motor, I am thinking of going to a 3.08 ratio. 1st gear is 3.00. The shift is quick in the first 30 feet. I start more time out in 2nd gear. I run a street twin clutch. The trans shifts like butter with just tapping the clutch pedal to unload the drivetrain. I took the trans back to G-Force for a Check and cleaning from all the racing and was asked if I was running it? I go about 4-6 times a year to auto cross or road course. They said the trans was in perfect shape. Have you looked into a Richmond street super duty 5 speed? It comes with a 2.80 first and .87 overdrive or .62 overtrain with a lower 2.44 first gear. This trans is good for 600hp and torque of 600 under full load. I have an old richmond 6 speed that had shifting problems with both a bad clutch issue and when the tunnel got hot in the summer from poor air flow. Better clutch and a 4" blower fan have fixed any trans problems. If you are going to race, add 2-3 fans to move the air under the hood and down the trans tunnel. If you have a big strong motor, Running a 4 spd might still be the best setup. I got a deal on my 5 spd. I am happy with it but would change 1st gear to a 2.40-2.60 first gear. Rick L
Old 10-23-2013, 03:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Names Matt. Not meaning to offend. Spookypt is my nickname.

I race my car...its a race car. Not able to be street registered.

I run a jerico now and am happy with it but need a lower 1st.

So, any ideas on usa jerico 5 speed prices?

I'm not really chasing info on other trans...

Thanks anyway.

Matt
Old 10-23-2013, 03:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: jbl
Not Ranked     

Jerico Racing Transmissions

these guys are usually pretty good to work with. i'd guess you have to go through a distributor.

http://www.colemanracing.com/

these guys also list a 2/4 spd in their catalog, might be able to help you.

Last edited by vector1; 10-23-2013 at 04:25 AM..
Old 10-23-2013, 05:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Matt, there's an unused (but 6 year old...) box and shifter for $5.5K in CA here;
Jerico 5 Speed Road Race Transmission For Sale
Old 10-23-2013, 04:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Jerico

Thanks Craig, I did see that and have emailed the owner. Its age, although unused is an issue BUT without knowing what they cost new in the US its impossible to know whether its worth chasing...

I've sent a few emails off to the suppliers the other forumers have given me...

See what info comes back I guess.

Spookypt
Old 10-24-2013, 04:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: UK Ram SC. KC-Yates 373, Jerico 5 speed.
Not Ranked     
Default jerico 5 speed Road Race Box

I have a new Jerico 5 speed in my unfinished Cobra, Jerico are very good to deal with.
2.906, 2.114, 1.593, 1.253, 1.000, with my 3.27 diff will still do 60mph first gear and the rest are evenly spaced. This car is going to see a bit of road use for fun so didnt want a real high first gear, I guess I will find out as having way over 600bhp and 373 cubes first gear might be a bit useless...

Always change the ratios later on as they arent that expensive.

Jerico aren't great at answering emails, I have found phoning the best and talk to Scott.

The 1960's rocked!

Last edited by Ant; 10-24-2013 at 04:57 AM.. Reason: Adding information