SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Cobra Tech Areas > Transmission Talk

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
June 2024
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-12-2004, 06:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B
Not Ranked     
Default looking for a 3550

With the new tremecs on the way I have found it impossible to find a 3550. I don't really need the new tranny that's on the way, the 3550 will suit my needs just fine. Any ideas on where to find one (new or rebuilt) I would greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks
Old 04-12-2004, 08:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Johnspeed,408W,Tremec 600 roadrace, Liquid Yellow w/Black stripes
Not Ranked     
Northwood,
I haven't checked avalibility but, www.poweredbyford.com has a pretty good price on them with free shipping. Haven't used them personally, anyone with negitive feedback please post it!
Hope this helps.
PS. I Assume you checked with Forte's Parts Co. already!
Old 04-13-2004, 02:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thank you thank you thank you,,, poweredbyford had a tranny, and several other things I was needing. Your reply and several other guys's replies to questions to us new guys are what make these forums so valuable.

Thanks again

Terry Ens
Old 04-13-2004, 02:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley 351W Tremec 2004 Cobra SVT Convertible
Not Ranked     

Try Forte's Parts Co. They are a distributor of Tremec on the east coast. Mike is great to deal with. www.fortesparts.com/
Hog
Old 04-13-2004, 04:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I tried them as well, they had a TR-3550-2 but they wanted way to much for it, poweredbyford had one for $1300.00 plus they are paying for the shipping, they were also extremely helpful with the technical stuff, they get an A+ from me on the order.

Thanks for the reply as well,

Terry
Old 04-13-2004, 04:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Don't forget you'll need to trim the pig tail off to fit your B&B.
Old 04-13-2004, 05:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Johnspeed,408W,Tremec 600 roadrace, Liquid Yellow w/Black stripes
Not Ranked     
Cool

Hi Terry,
Sounds like they work out just fine for you. I hate to pay too much for anything, but I want good quality ya-know!! Keep us posted on how everything works out!!!

Last edited by TerribleTed13; 04-13-2004 at 05:37 PM..
Old 04-14-2004, 06:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'll let you know how it goes Ted, ever had your car up on morrison road or in Red Rocks Park? years ago as a young hot rodder that was my testing grounds. There was alot of fun to be had up there.
I'm assuming the pigtail you are refering to blubyu2 is the speedo cable?, am I correct or way off base.

Thanks alot, Terry
Old 04-14-2004, 06:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Theres a tab on the bottom of the tail shaft that is used for gm cars. That tab will hit on the frame of the B&B and has to be trimmed off. I don't have a pic but im sure someone here does??

Best of luck the B&B is a nice car
Greg
Old 04-14-2004, 10:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Terry, Ya I've been up there many times! I grew up here in Denver. We even climbed the "rocks" at Red Rocks. The one on the north side of the amphitheater has stairs cut into the rock and an observation area at the top. Long since closed. Now there are to many people here in denver to hot rod close to town. I like going up to Echo Lake(Mt. Evans Rd.) lots of twisty turns!!
Old 04-14-2004, 09:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Okay, now I understand, thanks for the tip, It will save me having to take another thing apart twice to get it done, thanks alot Gregg.

I grew up in Lakewood around Wadsworth and Florida, got busted dragging Broadway, and racing my 66 convertable mustang down Hamden ave late at night, but that was back in the late 70's and your right there are way too many people anymore, I'm there once a quarter and don't miss the traffic at all. People do wonder here in Kansas why I'm building a car like this with no turns in our roads but the mountains aren't that far away.

Terry
Old 04-14-2004, 09:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #676, 428SCJ (2x4), TKOII
Not Ranked     

Try David Kee ... I bought my TKOII there

http://www.davidkeetoploaders.com

"There are 10 types of people out there....the ones that understand binary and the zeros that don't."