LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2010, 07:44 AM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing
Not Ranked     
Default Cobra Revolution 2010 Dates?

Has there been any discussion or legwork on the dates for Cobra Revolution this year? Is it possible to avoid conflicts with All Ford Nationals?
Old 03-28-2010, 09:40 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashburn View Post
Has there been any discussion or legwork on the dates for Cobra Revolution this year? Is it possible to avoid conflicts with All Ford Nationals?
Funny you should mention this, Steve (Klayfish) has asked if someone else could step up to the plate and make arrangements for this years event. I would have but have been so consumed with work and the Make-A-Wish car that I am spread too thin.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 03-28-2010, 09:50 AM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Is the MidAtlantic forum still on somewhere?
Old 03-28-2010, 11:17 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashburn View Post
Is the MidAtlantic forum still on somewhere?
I now own the url (as of this month), but the forum and it's files had been deleted by the time I gained control of the domain name (Godaddy held them for 60 days and then they deleted them, no back ups exist that I klnow of). I now have to find a new provider and reload and configure the base php or vbulliten forum software from scratch so we can also start over from scratch. I figure by mid April it should be up and running again.

Bill S.

Old 03-28-2010, 01:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #623 460/4x2
Not Ranked     

I would be more than happy to help this year. I don't know what is needed, but I'm a quick learner.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster, 302, roller cam, Holley 650
Not Ranked     

Bill S, The best of luck on the mid-atlantic site. I sure miss it.

Jim
Old 03-28-2010, 03:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC/331/5 forward
Not Ranked     
Default Let's do it!

OK, I'm close to the park so I suppose it might be best if I make contact with the park people. I'm out of town from 2 April until 10 April so I'll try to do this within the next couple days. The caterer we use is about a hop and a skip from the park, so I'll stop in there too.

Jay, when is the All Fords event? - in the past the Revolution was always scheduled for the first weekend in June as it didn't interfere with a whole slew of other events. I am inclined to reserve the park for that same period (which will be 5 June this year) unless everyone wants some other day. PLEASE advise, all that want this event, if we hold the first June weekend or modify.

Hopefully my computer line doesn't s**t the bed again, like it has done so with regularity over the past 3 weeks. I am available 24/7 by phone @ (732) 718-1994 for urgent/pressing needs. I, too, would very much like to see this event go on. Assistance from all attendees is welcomed.

Roger Payne
Old 03-29-2010, 04:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR#436 - 351W - 450HP / 429TQ
Not Ranked     

I'd like to see this event continue as well. My vote would be to check additional dates as well, as I've had conflicts and/or had to leave early in past years to attend another function.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:33 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnpike boy View Post
OK, I'm close to the park so I suppose it might be best if I make contact with the park people. I'm out of town from 2 April until 10 April so I'll try to do this within the next couple days. The caterer we use is about a hop and a skip from the park, so I'll stop in there too.

Jay, when is the All Fords event? - in the past the Revolution was always scheduled for the first weekend in June as it didn't interfere with a whole slew of other events. I am inclined to reserve the park for that same period (which will be 5 June this year) unless everyone wants some other day. PLEASE advise, all that want this event, if we hold the first June weekend or modify.

Hopefully my computer line doesn't s**t the bed again, like it has done so with regularity over the past 3 weeks. I am available 24/7 by phone @ (732) 718-1994 for urgent/pressing needs. I, too, would very much like to see this event go on. Assistance from all attendees is welcomed.

Roger Payne
Roger,

Will send you Steve's work number so the two of you can discuss at your leisure.

Bill S.

Old 03-29-2010, 05:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Thanks, Bill!

Yah, that will be handy....if I can ever catch him. He moves pretty quick for an old goat.

With regard to other dates, I can investigate out the tush but nothing can happen until (1) we come to a consensus; or (2) I make an executive decision. Kindly keep in mind there are a whole bunch of other events - i.e., Carlisle, auto-crosses, Ohio, etc. - that also happen within a few weeks of early June. Park availability is also to be considered.

Press on.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:44 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnpike boy View Post

(1) I make an executive decision.

Fixed it for you

Steve always chose a date and we as the behind the scenes help lived with it. Same goes for those that want to attend.

Bill S.

PS: I gave you house, cell, work, and both email addresses, he is not so hard to catch on the phone, it's getting him to return email in a timely fashion that seems to be the problem (you can tell him I said so )

Old 03-29-2010, 07:01 AM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't think I'll be getting a Cobra for a long time... Do have '94 RX-7 R2.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
I now own the url (as of this month), but the forum and it's files had been deleted by the time I gained control of the domain name (Godaddy held them for 60 days and then they deleted them, no back ups exist that I klnow of). I now have to find a new provider and reload and configure the base php or vbulliten forum software from scratch so we can also start over from scratch. I figure by mid April it should be up and running again.

Bill S.
Bill,

I'm not sure if this would be a good choice for hosting your site, but I'm happy with 1and1.com for some simple stuff that I have done. I know that they can deal with php.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Quote:
Steve always chose a date and we as the behind the scenes help lived with it. Same goes for those that want to attend.
Works for me. Date shifts shouldn't be monumental, but waffling on it can become that way. And thanks for the fix

Quote:
PS: I gave you house, cell, work, and both email addresses, he is not so hard to catch on the phone, it's getting him to return email in a timely fashion that seems to be the problem (you can tell him I said so )
Since computers and I rarely have peaceable agreement, his non-reply via this electronic hell is acceptable. I'll call him at around 3 a.m., likely he's up by then anyway....as am I.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:34 AM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Roger,
It's your show, we can offer anything you need, just let me know. I can tell you that All Ford Nationals is June 4 - 6, 2010. I cannot tell you the London dates though...
Old 03-29-2010, 09:09 AM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't think I'll be getting a Cobra for a long time... Do have '94 RX-7 R2.
Not Ranked     

http://www.londoncobrashow.com/

June 24-27 2010
Old 03-29-2010, 09:09 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR2479K, 351W yellow/black stripes
Not Ranked     

Hey there everyone!!! This is usually the time of year that I would have started to organize the Revolution, so I figured I'd stop in and see what's going on.

First, I owe a huge apology for letting the Midatlantic Cobra site drop. Somehow, the billing info for hosting got screwed up, and I was delinquent in following up with GoDaddy. My bad... As he wrote, Bill S. has since taken the site over and hopefully it'll be back up and running.

Second, another apology for not coming on here sooner to post about the Revolution. I would love to see the Revolution carry on, and would be more than happy to assist anyone if needed. Since it's now almost 3 years since I sold my Cobra, and my garage now contains a 2006 Mazda Miata (daily driver) and a modified 2004 Pontiac GTO (weekend toy), I just feel really out of place putting a Cobra event on. I really miss the Cobra, and more importantly, the Cobra community. I hope to return in the next few years, but right now, my life is nuts...having 3 little kids will do that to a man....

Roger, you da' man. The Revolution is actually fairly simple to put on, as long as you keep the event simple. And if you take the helm...uh...well...um... Actually, you'd be the perfect person for it, as you've been a HUGE help since day one.

Anyone who needs assistance would be best to contact me via e-mail, Klayfish@aol.com as I don't check this site often. Today was the first time I'd been on in quite a long time.

Steve

No, it ain't "real", but it's real fast....

Some people choose to rattle their windows with stereos and speakers... I choose to rattle windows with my right foot.
Old 03-30-2010, 05:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Hey, Fins!

Good to see the insurance bidness hasn't submerged you completely. Hope all is dandy up there in Kidville .

Sure hope you are right about simple....that's about all I can handle these days. I've emailed the park and am awaiting some kind of reply - phone calls get a recorded message from before Christmas. Meh - we will have the lot any way, even if we just squat there on the day. Truthfully, I'm not too concerned about it all because I don't have time to do more than just make basic arrangements. I'm going to see Dominic's this afternoon and get them aligned for the grub; will try to stop by the park office too, but website says they're temporarily closed. ? - WTF? Again, Meh.

I will state right here that if we are to have a cruise, somebody will have to pick this up. I cannot commit the time to this at present. Also, being essentially a dinosaur, putting together some sharp poster / registration flyer is also out....I will take reservs and put 'em on a basic spreadsheet, 'cause that's about the outer limit of my computer skills.

It is intended to keep Klayfish's objectives for this year's event; As cheap as possible, picnic-type foods and drink, and bright sunshine. Once I see the caterer I'll have a better grip on cost, but I do anticipate it will stay at or under $10 per head.

More to follow as we get it.

RCP
Old 03-30-2010, 10:09 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR2479K, 351W yellow/black stripes
Not Ranked     

Roger,
I can certainly help out. I believe the contact person at WC State Park is Meg, if my memory is right. I've got her info at home. I just called her and booked our date.

I've also got last years registration. I can help update it and we can get it posted to the proper sites for distribution. Keeping track of incoming isn't all that hard. We can chat, if you'd like.

No, it ain't "real", but it's real fast....

Some people choose to rattle their windows with stereos and speakers... I choose to rattle windows with my right foot.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Lightbulb Awright!!

You're doing better than I am. I stopped by the park this afternoon, met a guy named Doug Miller who's evidently the caretaker there. He gave me some forms to fill out, waived the $1 million insurance policy needs, but says that they're (the park mgmt) having a fund raiser on the eve of the 5th and gave me a June 6 date instead. Seems the state has decimated the parks services folks and they're reduced to having fund raisers to keep going. I also stopped by Dominick's and the.....individual....behind the counter says they're not open on Sundays. Freekin great.

So. I will go back to the restaurant and try to catch the owner instead of the newly-imported help, to verify food sourcing. If Meg did indeed give you Saturday the 5th, I'll need her contact info so that Mr. Miller doesn't evict us under duress. He does like Cobras, tho, and does like the idea of us being there in his park.

Stay tuned....film at 11.

RCP
Old 03-30-2010, 03:15 PM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

I would be willing to buy lunch for everyone on June 12th.