26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 12:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default For those with no place to wrench or store!! PGC!

Greetings fellow Cobra enthusiasts! I just picked up an ERA 289 FIA and wanted to reach out to all PA/NJ owners. I am co-owner of the Performance Garage Club in Frenchtown, NJ. You might have seen our November, 2012 write-up in AutoWeek....This is a garage club created by enthusiasts for enthusiasts that offers members full use of a professional automotive workshop with a car and motorcycle lift. Members also have full use of the fully-stocked detail/wash area, lounge, clubhouse and game room. We also offer an on-site storage service. If any of you would like to schedule a group drive to check out the facility and have a coffee, we'd be happy to show you around. Visit Performance Garage Club, LLC. for more details.
Thanks
Old 01-31-2013, 05:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

You have a PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:26 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTR View Post
Greetings fellow Cobra enthusiasts! I just picked up an ERA 289 FIA and wanted to reach out to all PA/NJ owners. I am co-owner of the Performance Garage Club in Frenchtown, NJ. You might have seen our November, 2012 write-up in AutoWeek....This is a garage club created by enthusiasts for enthusiasts that offers members full use of a professional automotive workshop with a car and motorcycle lift. Members also have full use of the fully-stocked detail/wash area, lounge, clubhouse and game room. We also offer an on-site storage service. If any of you would like to schedule a group drive to check out the facility and have a coffee, we'd be happy to show you around. Visit Performance Garage Club, LLC. for more details.
Thanks

Does that mean you sold your Caterham "7"

Edit: Who's FIA did you finally end up purchasing (chassis number will do)?

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS

Last edited by mrmustang; 01-31-2013 at 06:30 PM..
Old 01-31-2013, 08:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
Does that mean you sold your Caterham "7"

Edit: Who's FIA did you finally end up purchasing (chassis number will do)?

Bill S.

Yes, the Seven was sold to a William Thomas Roadsters client. I purchased a very nicely done (Bill Andrews) car with great mechanical content and interesting history. I had to have a carburetor on mine!
Old 02-01-2013, 03:32 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Yes, the Seven was sold to a William Thomas Roadsters client. I purchased a very nicely done (Bill Andrews) car with great mechanical content and interesting history. I had to have a carburetor on mine!
When you have the time, tell us about your FIA.........

Bill S.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default short version

Bill Andrews built it in '06 for Michael Laurer who's an accomplished pro driver (Gentilozzi Racing, LeMans etc.). Ernie Elliot-built engine, stroked 351M block to 358. Yates heads, T10 gearbox, ATL fuel cell, Franklin quick-change differential, inboard brakes. Excellent blue body with painted-on USRRC stripes and hood meatball. Initial drive by owner/racer down at Charlotte indicated way too much power (original dyno at 750hp) so Elliot de-tuned it (cam/carb). Car was then used briefly as an exhibition vehicle back when Shelby announced his Continuation Series. It did a show stint at Elkhart Lake as well. Never raced or on-track again. Car then sold to gentleman in Ct. who sent it through the Atlantic City exotic/collector car auction where it was purchased by gentleman who I bought it from. There you have it, straight from Bill Andrews.....

So, does anyone want to gather up for a drive to PGC when the weather warms up (or before)?

Bill
Old 03-13-2013, 08:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC/331/5 forward
Not Ranked     
Default Howdy.

Since my daughter lives in Frenchtown, and I like to visit her, I think a trip to your shop is an easy thing. Where up on Rt. 12? - close to John Lutz? - or back more towards the hill into town?
Old 03-13-2013, 07:16 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Bill Andrews built it in '06 for Michael Laurer who's an accomplished pro driver (Gentilozzi Racing, LeMans etc.). Ernie Elliot-built engine, stroked 351M block to 358. Yates heads, T10 gearbox, ATL fuel cell, Franklin quick-change differential, inboard brakes. Excellent blue body with painted-on USRRC stripes and hood meatball. Initial drive by owner/racer down at Charlotte indicated way too much power (original dyno at 750hp) so Elliot de-tuned it (cam/carb). Car was then used briefly as an exhibition vehicle back when Shelby announced his Continuation Series. It did a show stint at Elkhart Lake as well. Never raced or on-track again. Car then sold to gentleman in Ct. who sent it through the Atlantic City exotic/collector car auction where it was purchased by gentleman who I bought it from. There you have it, straight from Bill Andrews.....

So, does anyone want to gather up for a drive to PGC when the weather warms up (or before)?

Bill
If it's the black car I am thinking of, Bill (he is getting older) might have embellished a bit of the history

Bill S.

Old 03-19-2013, 04:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Location

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnpike boy View Post
Since my daughter lives in Frenchtown, and I like to visit her, I think a trip to your shop is an easy thing. Where up on Rt. 12? - close to John Lutz? - or back more towards the hill into town?

My full-time business (William Thomas Roadsters) is just outside of town on rt 513. Performance Garage Club is on route 12 just east of the Lutz building in the new industrial complex. Call ahead and I'd be happy to give you a tour.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default It's blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
If it's the black car I am thinking of, Bill (he is getting older) might have embellished a bit of the history

Bill S.
My car is blue. Bill knew the car immediately upon my description ("289 FIA with an Elliot 358 M block, ATL cell....then he picked up details from there and went on and on). It's a unique enough car that he had no problem recalling details that I hadn't mentioned to him. He also mentioned that he didn't build too many 289 cars back then. The 427 craze was in full swing.
The history is interesting to know but that and $1.50 will get me a coffee, right? I serviced it and then had to wait out the crappy weather to drive it any distance which finally happened a couple of weekends ago. Between the gearing and engine it's a little much as a street car but who cares?!? The thing is a beast! Sounds great.....