LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2004, 05:21 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR2479K, 351W yellow/black stripes
Not Ranked     

Bruce,
For you, we'll leave at 5am.

I think we'll probably meet up around 9 or 10 am, maybe slightly later and head out. It is about an hour from K of P to Maple Grove, so that'll get us there late morning.

Steve

No, it ain't "real", but it's real fast....

Some people choose to rattle their windows with stereos and speakers... I choose to rattle windows with my right foot.
Old 03-09-2004, 05:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC/331/5 forward
Not Ranked     
Lightbulb Hey, Luke!....

...I'm extending an invitation to you to come lurk in KF's ravine with me.

I'll bring the marshmellows. You bring the Sterno...

SuperFish, we're men...we'll be ready for 5 am no sweat. We'll even rustle up some JimmyDean sausages over the Sterno for you by 4:30

Old 03-09-2004, 06:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 351W, C4
Not Ranked     
Default Lodging

I just spoke with the sales guy at the Comfort Inn in Valley Forge. Their regular room rate is $79.00 but if we can get ten or more who are staying, he'll cut us a deal at $69.00 per night.

So let's get together and get a head count so we can reserve a block of rooms.

Tony
Old 03-09-2004, 11:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, 302
Not Ranked     

Tony,
Is that ten people or ten couples? That rate is fine with me.
What time will we be getting up the Sunday after the revolution?
Will we have a specific meeting place for any other people that may want to join us for the cruise to the ford show?
About the Hotel is the parking lot safe there? Hows the surrounding area? I want to make sure that nothing will happen to ours babies..
Old 03-09-2004, 11:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 351W, C4
Not Ranked     
Default Rooms

The discount would be for ten rooms. Klayfish and also the sales guy at the Comfort Inn told me that there is parking around the side and back of the hotel. It's hidden from public view but that could be good and it could also be bad. It's going to be that way wherever we stay.

As for Sunday, I'm sure that Klayfish has some ideas in mind. I would think that we could get up and have breakfast around 8 or so and then head out to Maple Grove.

So far it seems like its only you and me committed to staying. But I'm sure that as the time draws near, others will jump on board. However, I wouldn't want to wait past the end of April and possibly miss out on room vacancy. Nonetheless, even if we dont get people to fill ten rooms, $79.00 is still not a bad rate.

Tony
Old 03-09-2004, 04:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Tony,
Old 03-09-2004, 04:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Try this again,
Tony,
That price is fine with me also. Hopefully we get a lot of people staying so that we could all go out to dinner and just enjoy the rest of the night.

Klayfish,
When do you think the registration forms will be sent out? When are they due back? Also any registration fees?
I want to be able to have everything set up before, also so that I can inform my wife earlier so that she doesnt plan anything else for that weekend. This will be her birthday weekend and I am hoping that she enjoys every bit of it.
Thanks
Felix
Old 03-09-2004, 05:25 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I do think that hotel would be the best of the options, along with the Hampton Inn, which was right next door. They both have lots that are going to be as secure as anything else around. They are behind the buildings, so unless you go LOOKING for them, you won't see them. I don't think it'll be a problem. If you are really looking for a great price, I drove by the Motel 6 out there today. The price on their sign board says $50 (for single occupancy, double can't be much more). I've never been in that hotel, but it actually does look very nice from the outside. It's about 1/2 mile from the other two. A little less hidden, but still not bad.

Like you guys said, I think people will commit to staying overnight as the time draws closer. I'm going to post on the DC Cobra Club, Upstate Cobra Club, Ohio, etc.. to see if any of them want to come out. I doubt you two will be the only ones staying overnight. I still think the majority of the crowd is "local" within an hour or so, but hopefully we'll get groups from out of town. Or you could just join Turnpike Boys' cult and hide in the ravine near my house.

Felix, I'm working on the registration form as we speak. The cost is going to be $15 per person, and that will cover catered BBQ lunch (I'm hiring one very soon). They aren't due back any specific date, just as soon as possible, so I can get a head count. If we need to, we'll take last minute walk ups, we had several last year. I want to get the registration form out soon, since my hands will be busy with the new baby any day new. I'll post it on this forum.

Steve

Some people choose to rattle their windows with stereos and speakers... I choose to rattle windows with my right foot.

Last edited by klayfish; 03-09-2004 at 05:28 PM..
Old 03-09-2004, 06:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Steve,

I am working on another supplier for food. He lives on a farm in Washington Crossing, Ely Pork products. Should be able to keep the price under what you are haveing for the registration fee. I will let you know Thursday about this.

Corky

Can I post another date and time on the thread about the birth? is so, 3/17 2:45 PM
Old 03-09-2004, 06:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey do you guys need sausage from the Ely pork place? If you do please let me know first I may be able to help you out in that dept. I work for a sausage manufacturer. I should be able to get a good discount since I work with the owner. All I will need is the price you get from Ely and then how much you need in sausage and I will get a price. The price I will get will be just for the sasauge not for catering, someone will have to cook them.
Felix
Old 03-12-2004, 04:45 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Felix,
Thanks for the offer. Corky has been in touch with Ely. He may wind up doing all of the catering, from sausage to burgers and dogs. If you have an inside track with Ely, that would be great. Let me know. I've never heard of Ely before. Do you know him? Is he really good?

Steve

Old 03-12-2004, 10:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Klayfish,
No i have not heard of Ely, but the company I work for might supply him. Well if there is any other way I can help drop me an email.
Felix
Old 03-13-2004, 05:37 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The registration form has been posted in the All Cobra Talk forum here. I wanted to post it there, as the invite is for everyone!

We still have little details to work out, and I really appreciate everyone who is helping me with them.

Look forward to seeing everyone there!!

Steve

Old 03-13-2004, 05:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Aluminum SPF #SPA0001 ,round tube frame, with a shelby 484 CID AL engine,68 GT 500 KR , 4 spd with factory air
Not Ranked     

Great job Steve, hope all goes well this week, enjoy the moment when it happens.
John T
Old 03-13-2004, 07:42 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks John. We certainly hope it happens this weekend, but understand many first babys are late, so we're ready for whenever it does happen.

I'm posting the registration form here too.

Cobra Revolution II registration

Steve

Old 03-15-2004, 03:13 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Has it been decided where we are stopping for dinner?
Old 03-15-2004, 04:51 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Not yet. Do you have suggestions? I think we should do it either somewhere fairly close to New Hope if we want to eat before the overnight attendees drive to their hotels. Or have dinner somewhere around the hotels in King of Prussia.

Looks like we've got our caterer lined up. The cruise route is coming together. So now some of these details can be worked on. I've got one place in mind, which is in Newtown. That's about 20 minutes or so from New Hope.

Steve

Old 03-16-2004, 08:55 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

I would suggest eating around 4:30 or 5:00. Still light out.

Somewhere within 20 minutes of New Hope sounds good. I'll be heading home after.
Old 03-16-2004, 10:14 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I would suggest eating around 4:30 or 5:00. Still light out.

Somewhere within 20 minutes of New Hope sounds good. I'll be heading home after.
Is there a Fudds or Fridays along the way or something like them.?
Old 03-16-2004, 10:21 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Original ERA 427sc, Powered by Gessford
Not Ranked     

Hey Evan,
How do you really feel about eating at 4:30 or 5?

FWIW, we could eat even later, 5:30 or 6 b/c in June it won't get dark until 8 or 8:30.

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning."