LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2005, 06:12 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR2479K, 351W yellow/black stripes
Not Ranked     
Exclamation Cobra Revolution III weather UPDATE

Well,
Here we go again. I am absolutely bummed that the weather forcast has gone downhill. Just like last year, the forcast was great until Wed. night. Then it's gone downhill since. Right now, the call is that it'll stop raining by early morning Saturday. If that's the case, then we can either go forward on time, or delay the start until 1pm.

The other option is to use our rain date of Saturday, June 11th.

If you have a preference, PLEASE let me know. I'll make the call by lunch time tomorrow and post it here.

By the way, all forcasts call for nice weather on Sunday. So we're still going autox'ing. If you want to go, please join us. It's near Allentown. The info is at the philly region of the SCCA.

Steve

No, it ain't "real", but it's real fast....

Some people choose to rattle their windows with stereos and speakers... I choose to rattle windows with my right foot.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:57 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 389 427s/o
Not Ranked     

I think by lunch time on Friday the weather will not be known.

There has been a stellar record so far this spring in this area for the weatherman to be incredibily wrong.
Old 06-03-2005, 05:53 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Original ERA 427sc, Powered by Gessford
Not Ranked     

At the moment, the forecast shows rain stopping around 10 or so. At this point, my vote would be to post-pone it a couple of hours.

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning."
Old 06-03-2005, 07:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #188 Roush 342-R
Not Ranked     
Unhappy weather

I hoped the weather would be good for my first show. Too far of a drive with no top for me. I will have to leave the cobra home if it's on.
tom
Old 06-03-2005, 09:33 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR2479K, 351W yellow/black stripes
Not Ranked     

Tom, read my post below. I actually think we'll be fine to take the cars out. The rain should stop long before we actually get started.

OK, just like last year, this is turning into a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. I hate to postpone until next weekend, as I've already had several say that they have plans for next weekend.

Every weather forcast I can see seems to be in agreement. It should stop raining by early-mid morning (some even say it'll stop by daybreak or overnight). All say the sun will come out by the afternoon.

So I think the best thing to do is go ahead but move the start time to 1pm. This will give the rain a few more hours to get out and the roads to dry out. Hopefully it won't throw a wrench in anyone elses' plan. We'll wrap up around 3:30 or 4pm and those who can stay for the cruise, it should be gorgeous by 4pm. They all say bright sunshine and mid 70's in the late afternoon.

Again, we're moving the start time to 1pm. If the sun comes out earlier, feel free to come on down. I'll be there in the morning to set up. Hope to see everyone there!

Steve

No, it ain't "real", but it's real fast....

Some people choose to rattle their windows with stereos and speakers... I choose to rattle windows with my right foot.