Turn Ten Racing, Inc. and D&D Cobra of Quebec
Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Turn Ten Racing and D&D Cobra
User Name
Password
Club Cobra Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
May 2024
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-05-2006, 06:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
I contributed to CC in 2006
I have in the past contributed to CC

Send a message via AIM to mj_duell
Default TTR / EVO 5 (#004) at the painters!

I forgot to document the build on this roller. It is going to be our display/track/demo car. I had it dropped off at our painters back in April. We'll see how the paint job and body mods turn out. Nothing to fancy, but different. I am planning to do a "Project Build-Up" on our site, but haven't gotten to that either, so I will just post in our forum for now.

--Mike / Turn Ten Racing, Inc.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Default Preparing EVO 5 London Turnkey Minus

Hello Again,
I haven't posted in awhile. We have been very busy with orders of parts and rollers as well as preparing our EVO 5 display car for the London Ohio show. The display turnkey minus car should be done on time, but we do not want to rush it either. It is headed for piant today and I thought I would share a few spy photos.

Old 06-11-2006, 12:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Nice work Mike.
Interesting vents on the nose... like the GTO!
Larry
Old 06-11-2006, 12:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMH
Nice work Mike.
Interesting vents on the nose... like the GTO!
Larry
Yeah, we love those. I had found some 289 car pictures with those vents. They are reversed from the nose vents on the GTO. I figured they would be a little different and a nice conversation piece. I just spent a fortune on electroplated wire mesh to place in all of the front openings on the car. Only trouble now is getting this thing done by London .

Old 06-15-2006, 09:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Here is a very grainy spy shot of the car after it's last coat of clear. There are a few more in the Turn Ten Racing gallery in the Manufacturers section. I will keep posting as we get the car assembled.

Old 06-15-2006, 09:54 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: 427 S.O. Dual Quad / Cobra undecided

Nice look, reminds me of the paint scheme the Blue Angels use on their jets.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by lineslinger
Nice look, reminds me of the paint scheme the Blue Angels use on their jets.
Thanks,
The 1966 Penske Corvette inspired the color scheme and the colors are very close. I may even use yellow side pipes, but I'm not to sure about that yet. The colors are also very close to our logo colors so it has a sponsored look to it. I decided to be a little different and run a single stripe that wrapped the nose and covered the half-moon ducts. The half-moon, brake, oil cooler and side vent ducts will all be covered from the inside with electroplated wire mesh. This stuff is identical to the new V series Cadillac grill mesh. I will be posting a full set of pictures of the body on the frame with the lights and other bits installed. The TKM will be at London next week if you would like to see it up close. We have added most of our performance options to it. It includes the front & rear gun-drilled sway bars option, IRS, 13 SVT Cobra brakes, 6-point cage, our 17 wheel and tire package and the now standard Tilton 3 pedal set-up.

Last edited by mj_duell; 06-15-2006 at 04:08 PM..
Old 06-16-2006, 06:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
I may even use yellow side pipes
Umm, not so sure...maybe white side pipes and wheel centers.

I'd like to see pictures of the pedals, reservoirs, and exhausts assembled together.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Hi David,
I'll get you some pics of the pedals, but the reservoirs and exhausts won't be put in the roller until the engine gets dropped in. That will happen in mid-July. I'm not really sure about the pipe color either. Maybe I'll just have them ceramic coated. It was nice meeting you at Carlisle, keep in touch. I will definitely keep you informed.

Old 06-27-2006, 06:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Paint is done and the body is on. Just waiting for the motor now. We had a little mishap that made it impossible to make the London show, but we will be there next year, with an FIA and 427 I hope!

More in the gallery.

Old 06-27-2006, 07:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Very nice! love the gto vents, is this the painter who does your work for customers?

Will the last rational adult to leave mexifornia please turn the lights off.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedeats
Very nice! love the gto vents, is this the painter who does your work for customers?
Hi Joe,
Yes, this is the painter that will do our Turnkey minus and Painted Body option rollers. He is doing a ton of work now his customers and one of ours. He does great work. He is really good at custom work and he has a very talented staff. They are handling the assembly of our display car from the frame up and will be doing most of the assembly work on U.S. ordered turnkey minus cars. The aluminum work and attention to detail is outstanding. The GTO style vents were my idea, but they did all of the fabrication and cutting. They even made the electropolished mesh removable.

Old 07-29-2006, 05:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Hey Everyone,
Well we have been very busy lately with the FIA and GT projects as well as getting some started on a few customer cars. The EVO 5 display car work had to be shelved for a couple weeks, but is now back on track. The paint and construction on this car really reflects the skill and quality we wish to distribute. The car is not even done and it is beautiful to look at. I have just received a few pictures from the guys at the assembly facility and I have loaded them into the gallery. I will be posting more later and updating our web site this weekend. Pictures do not do it justice.

Old 08-26-2006, 12:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Default EVO 5 Display Car Update and Engine Picture

Hi Everyone,
Just another update on our "Display" car. The engine arrives next week from the builder that does our 4.6 DOHC and other engine packages. I went a little over board on this engine, but it was well worth it.

2003 4.6 DOHC / 500 horse power with a custom, hand built racing intake and stack system. Custom ground comp cams and light weight rotating gear. It is going to come coupled to a TKO 600 via a Lakewood bellhousing and a McLeod hydraulic throwout.

This entire car will be top shelf and we have gone to the limit to prove the quality we can turn out. One of the things we did on this car was to run the wiring inside the bird cage to clean up the engine bay, cockpit and trunk. We also used a very exotic carpet known as Ozite to give the car a very high end look and a extra durable passenger compartment. We have another secret in the works as well and it will be available to the pubic for sale next week. You will see it appear on this display car shortly. For now I will just post a picture below and say it not only fits our frame but FFR as well and the rest of the suspension pieces, lower arms, front uprights to replace the spindles and IRS arms and rear uprights will be available in about a month. Can you say "Billet"?

Just one last thing, this car will be available for sale in about two or three months. Price with motor and tranny will be around $59,000 and around $38,000 without. Let me know if you need any information.

Last edited by mj_duell; 08-26-2006 at 04:05 PM..