Turn Ten Racing, Inc. and D&D Cobra of Quebec
Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Turn Ten Racing and D&D Cobra
User Name
Password
Club Cobra Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-27-2006, 05:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
I contributed to CC in 2006
I have in the past contributed to CC

Send a message via AIM to mj_duell
Default EVO 5 Display Car 4.6 DOHC Engine package update

Hi Everyone,
I copied my earlier post in another thread to its own here. The reason is that we will be coming out with a new set of SBF and Modular engine/tranny packages soon and it makes sense to have a separate thread for that subject.

Just another update on our "Display" car. The engine arrives next week from the builder that does our 4.6 DOHC and other engine packages. I went a little over board on this engine, but it was well worth it.

2003 4.6 DOHC / 500 horse power with a custom, hand built racing intake and stack system. Custom ground comp cams and light weight rotating gear. It is going to come coupled to a TKO 600 via a Lakewood bellhousing and a McLeod hydraulic throwout.

This entire car will be top shelf and we have gone to the limit to prove the quality we can turn out. One of the things we did on this car was to run the wiring inside the bird cage to clean up the engine bay, cockpit and trunk. We also used a very exotic carpet known as Ozite to give the car a very high end look and a extra durable passenger compartment. We have another secret in the works as well and it will be available to the pubic for sale next week. You will see it appear on this display car shortly. For now I will just post a picture below and say it not only fits our frame but FFR as well and the rest of the suspension pieces, lower arms, front uprights to replace the spindles and IRS arms and rear uprights will be available in about a month. Can you say "Billet"?

Just one last thing, this car will be available for sale in about two or three months. Price with motor and tranny will be around $59,000 and around $38,000 without. Let me know if you need any information.

--Mike / Turn Ten Racing, Inc.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: SPF 2291, Whipple Blown & Injected 4V ModMotor
Really neat sounding piece Mike.

Ed

Help them do what they would have done if they had known what they could do.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Finally had time to get to the engine and take the top off the crate! So Happy!

P.S. we sell these things by the way.

Old 11-02-2006, 10:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

I think that is a wise way to go, building the car with such a trick setup on your 4.6 DOHC. From what I could see, that manifold is a piece of art! Regarding the Ozite, what other applications is it used for?
Old 11-03-2006, 04:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427sohc
I think that is a wise way to go, building the car with such a trick setup on your 4.6 DOHC. From what I could see, that manifold is a piece of art! Regarding the Ozite, what other applications is it used for?

Hi 427sohc,
Do you really have a SOHC? If you do, you’re a lucky man. Always wanted one. Anyway, The 4.6 project started out with the engine having a single Barry Grant carb with a custom intake. The stack idea came up over a couple of drinks while trying figure out how to get more "Wow" factor built into the car. We really want this to be a great show car. I talked to the company that builds our engines about looking around for a manifold hat would work for the project. We found one company that did have a 4.6 stack intake, but after reviewing pricing and design we felt it was better to go custom and do our own. The owner of MBR, our engine guys, is a very talented fabricator; he set off designing and building a new stack system specifically for the 4.6 DOHC in July. It took two months just to fabricate the intake. It is very well designed and has tons of custom parts. He will build these systems for our customers, but they must be placed with engine orders.

Ozite is used for many things. You can find it in some car trunk interiors or on high end speaker boxes. It's really strong, comes in a lot of colors and looks trick.

Old 11-03-2006, 05:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Default Racing version???

Mike, I hope you are planning on a racing version. Lightweight all aluminum interior and inner fenders, minimum gauge package, full roll bars, fuel cell. I would love to see your car come in around 2,000 lbs ready to race.

Test driver available
Old 11-03-2006, 06:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: SOLD: 2013 Boss 302 Mustang #2775 (both options). SOLD: 95 Mustang Cobra R #4 of 250 "Rosie's Diner" car. SOLD: CCX2-2505, #5 of 7 289 FIAs ever produced at Contemporary! my first Cobra: Unique 427SC w/ 428CJ moder!
Thumbs up

Roger, Mike,

I'm seeing this Cobra as more a race version already than some others advertised on CC. I'm loving that moder and the suspension looks top notch too.!

I think a nice STACK instrument cluster would be well suited in the race version.

BTW - a second test driver has now volunteered.

SNAP!
Old 11-03-2006, 07:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Hi Fellow Crankiods,
A lightweight racer is not out of the question. It will probably not be a public offering, but we can build one based on the EVO 5 chassis. I can't wait to get this motor in the car and take it to Da Glen in the spring. Still working on the "Anti-9" cornering force field us open trackers need desperately for that evil turn. . When I talked to MBR about the test stand run on the motor they said they were very happy with the running operation. The entire thing is adjustable using F.A.S.T fuel management via my lap top. This will be great for track side changes. At the moment this whole project is for show, but I will not be able to resist a few "tuning" laps for instructor ranked Crankiods and myself.