Turn Ten Racing, Inc. and D&D Cobra of Quebec
Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Turn Ten Racing and D&D Cobra
User Name
Password
Club Cobra Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 06-07-2006, 04:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
I contributed to CC in 2006
I have in the past contributed to CC

Send a message via AIM to mj_duell
Default TTR "Build Your Own" Kit option

Hi Everyone,
I have had a lot of Do-it-yourselfers ask me about purchasing major parts and assemblies separately lately. I gave this some thought and ran ideas past Don at D&D and we have decided to offer a menu of parts. From this menu you can construct your own kit or just purchase parts individually. I will have the basic list up on our web site by Saturday if all goes well. If you have any questions or suggestions, please post them here.

Thanks,

Mike / Turn Ten Racing, Inc.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: ERA FIA, 1964 289->Webers

That's not a bad idea. So a guy could purchase just a body pkg.? Or a Frame setup?
Old 06-07-2006, 08:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by *13*
That's not a bad idea. So a guy could purchase just a body pkg.? Or a Frame setup?
Yup. Any of the major pieces or assemblies.

--Mike / Turn Ten Racing, Inc.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Excellent idea!
Larry
Old 06-08-2006, 12:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

can't wait to see what you come up with freddie
Old 08-30-2006, 06:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Mike, any further development on a build manual??
Old 08-30-2006, 06:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
Mike, any further development on a build manual??
Hi Hawkeye,
Yes, we have assembly pages for the completion of the major systems of our "Base" roller package through the "Plus" package. I have considered doing a build manual from the frame up, but we are currently not selling "Kit" packages, only parts. With the possible exception of the wiring the rollers are very easy to complete. We also deliver rollers completed to your specs so if you wanted the windshield installed or the body holes cut etc., We can do that. Most inquires and orders have been for turnkey minus rollers, which would complete the car for you minus engine and transmission.

Old 09-02-2006, 07:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

*Items needed to finish the roller plus package are: engine, transmission, brake lines, brake hoses, fuel line, battery, battery cable, drive shaft, wheels and tires, carpet, paint and body work .

Hi Mike,
I copied this off of the TTR website. Is this all that is really needed to complete the car?
Are the throttle cables included?
Is the ignition components included?
I see it includes most of the clutch system. Is there any specifics I need to know in the selection of a transmission for this to operate correctly?
How about selection of an engine? Personally, I am not interested in a big block. But I want a versatile small block that will take lots of performance enhancements over the years. I kind of like new technology such as efi, but does it make the install more challenging?
I see the 12 circuit is standard and a 21 circuit is optional. How many circuits will be left after the build?
Thanks,
Chris

Last edited by Crusty1; 09-02-2006 at 08:57 PM..
Old 09-03-2006, 04:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Hi Chris,
I am going to answer these questions based on orders placed by U.S. customers via TTR. You would be ordering through D&D:

Are the throttle cables included?
No, because the length and linkage style depends on the engine. I will add this is the not included list.

Is the ignition components included?
Yes, the harness includes the ignition switch and fuse box relays.

I see it includes most of the clutch system. Is there any specifics I need to know in the selection of a transmission for this to operate correctly?
For the EVO 5 you will need a hydraulic throwout instead of a clutch fork due to the frame clearance.

How about selection of an engine? Personally, I am not interested in a big block. But I want a versatile small block that will take lots of performance enhancements over the years. I kind of like new technology such as efi, but does it make the install more challenging?
The sky is the limit. Personally, I would go with a 331, 347 or 408 SBF or a 4.6 DOHC modular Ford, These engines give you plenty of power and are decent daily drivers as well. As for the EFI, it depends on if you go with a stock system pulled from a donor car or a custom system designed for the engine you have built. There are many aftermarket systems as well that are very easy to use and bolt directly to the top of any four-barrel intake. Here are some examples:

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...115+4294853151

We supply SBF and Modular engine/tranny combinations so let me know if you need a turnkey engine package. Here is the 4.6 DOHC with a stack system we had made for our display car:

I see the 12 circuit is standard and a 21 circuit is optional. How many circuits will be left after the build?

The 12-circuit unit will not leave any leftover circuits. The 21 will leave about 7-9 depending on your set-up. We used a HayWire 14 circuit unit on a car recently and found it to be a good number. I will be using these units on U.S. cars shortly.

Let me know if you need any more information. I am also always available by phone.

Thanks,

Mike / Turn Ten Racing, Inc.

Last edited by mj_duell; 09-03-2006 at 04:30 AM..
Old 09-04-2006, 04:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

So Mike,
I haven't seen a D&D Cobra in person yet. It would be great to visit the D&D factory but once again that money is better put into the car. Is there a manual available that can be reviewed for the roller plus?
What's the next step?
Chris
Old 09-07-2006, 01:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Well it was great talking to you today Mike.
This is what I like about the EVO 4.
Roller for an affordable price (in Canada). I think its hardly a difference in cost to use used parts on a competitive product. Plus the new parts are installed.
IRS...a challenge to get from the US.
Quality body
Nice features at no extra cost.....
The remainder of the assembly is up to me but the parts included (except for the details on the site)
I think I'm in, pending approval from the Finance Dept(my wife)!

I forgot to ask about the steering rack, is it power?
Chris

Last edited by Crusty1; 09-07-2006 at 01:34 PM..
Old 09-07-2006, 04:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusty1
Well it was great talking to you today Mike.
This is what I like about the EVO 4.
Roller for an affordable price (in Canada). I think its hardly a difference in cost to use used parts on a competitive product. Plus the new parts are installed.
IRS...a challenge to get from the US.
Quality body
Nice features at no extra cost.....
The remainder of the assembly is up to me but the parts included (except for the details on the site)
I think I'm in, pending approval from the Finance Dept(my wife)!

I forgot to ask about the steering rack, is it power?
Chris
Hi Chris,
Great talking to you as well. I have had a lot of D&D customers say how great it is not to have problems getting parts into Canada. I think you will be very impressed with the quality of the parts and the workmanship. The steering rack is manual, but can be adapted for power. However, it is my belief that when you drive it you will feel that you do not need power steering. A proper alignment and modern radials makes for easy steering even at very low speeds. Let me know if you have any questions, I'm here to help. I'll get those EVO 4 pictures out to you this evening.

Old 03-29-2007, 07:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

mike do you know of anybody in toronto who has one of your cars if so can i get his handle or emailthx
Old 03-30-2007, 04:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmnd
mike do you know of anybody in toronto who has one of your cars if so can i get his handle or emailthx
Hi Tazmnd,
Canadian business is handled by our manufacturer in Quebec (D&D Cobra). Give them a call and ask for Don 450.658.2315. They can give you the names of customers through out Canada. It may be worth you time to travel up to Chambly and take a look at the shop and see some of the projects currently underway.

Old 06-14-2007, 06:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: D&D Cobra,302 stock for now,IRS
Send a message via Yahoo to michel schryer

If this can be of any help,I once talked to Donald from D&D 'cause i'm interested in purchasing an evo 4.I'm from toronto area,so I asked him if there was one of his kit in the area and a short while after our discussion a guy from wasaga beach contacted me via the FFR forum and offered me to go see his car.His name is Greg(tin man)on the forum.I didn't go yet because of my surgery but I will.Don't know if this will help.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Hi, do you have a "kit" price yet or build manual, your build your own site is not very complete.

I would also like to know where you can buy all the brightware, and which will or will not fit your car? Please let me know which manufaturer I could purchase parts off of to finish one of your cars!

Thanks
Old 07-26-2007, 06:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Where abouts in Canada do you come from? Regarding brightware, the kit comes with just about most of it. What you are missing you can get from Finishline. The rest of the parts are not donor parts. My kit came pretty complete. What parts are you thinking of?
Old 07-26-2007, 08:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanagofast
Hi, do you have a "kit" price yet or build manual, your build your own site is not very complete.

I would also like to know where you can buy all the brightware, and which will or will not fit your car? Please let me know which manufaturer I could purchase parts off of to finish one of your cars!

Thanks
Hi Wanagofast,

You can buy from me a complet kit with everything inclued light, mirrors,latch,windsheild,seat,carpet, ect...
So you will not need to look elswere for your parts.

Thanks Don.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Hi, let me clarify my question. If I purchase the $12,500 EVO 6 package it dose"nt come with all the little parts, only the ROLLER PLUS. If I can source out parts cheaper I am just wondering which parts may be interchangeable with other manufacturers. For instance I have a windsheild assembly for a FFR for $250.00 will it fit? The goinging rate for a complete windshield assembly is around $700.00. Thanks

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: