Turn Ten Racing, Inc. and D&D Cobra of Quebec
Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Turn Ten Racing and D&D Cobra
User Name
Password
Club Cobra Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 05-23-2008, 07:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Exclamation Modification for rear caliper

2 modif have to be made for the rear caliper to fit the lockar cabel.
1- drill the hole to make cabel fit inside
2- shave the braket

Don,
Old 05-23-2008, 06:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: D&D Cobra,302 stock for now,IRS
Send a message via Yahoo to michel schryer

Donald,can you put a picture of the cable install on the caliper and mounted please,thanks
Michel
Old 06-03-2008, 12:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Michel more photos i hope will help

Don,

Old 06-04-2008, 04:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Default Thanks for the pictures

Thanks Donald i will finish the installation this week end,i ordered other cable from Karbelt,will get it before the week end,not cheap. I let you know how it works later. Can you post pictures of the electrical system from the back starting from gas tank all the way to the front if you can before you put the body on if not too late,salut
Michel
Old 06-04-2008, 05:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Hurricane - FE
Default Different Calipers

Careful guys,
If you haven't noticed, the pictures are to two different calipers. If you look at the EBrake attachment points, I think you'll notice the first set is from a SN95 and the second set of pictures is from a SuperCoupe.

Just a heads up

Paul
Old 06-05-2008, 02:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Default Paul you could have save me money !

Thanks for your intervention Paul,you could have save me $188.00,your just a little too late. Don put the secong set of pictures to guide me how to install my lokar e-brake cable. I screwed up one cable trying to do it like the first set of pictures,my calipers are from a (super coupe)as per your statement,i had no clue and it cost me $188.00 for that mistake. Had to order another one,really pissed off. I can blame that on my lack of knowledge about different kind of calipers. I can't make another mistake like that,too expensive,thanks for your concern,
Michel
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulProe View Post
Careful guys,
If you haven't noticed, the pictures are to two different calipers. If you look at the EBrake attachment points, I think you'll notice the first set is from a SN95 and the second set of pictures is from a SuperCoupe.

Just a heads up

Paul
Old 06-05-2008, 04:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Default identical but . . .

Michel,
I have SuperCoupe calipers on my car. I am told the SN95 are identical with two exceptions:

1) The mounting bracket is different.
2) the ebrake attachment points are "opposite"

Can you confirm this? are they identical other than this? Or are there other differences?

I am not pleased with eBrake of the SuperCoupe, the way it is designed, the brake is actuated by the outer sleeve moving on the inner cable. Little less than effective. One guy from FFR group told me the calipers of the SN95 could be mated to the SuperCoupe bracket. That would then allow the eBrake cable to attach to the caliper and the inner cable pull on the lever - a more conventional system and in my mind, a little more efficient.

? ? ?

Don't you just love it when your best laid research turns into an "awe Sh%t" I've got more than one "$188 project" notches on my toolbelt
Paul

Last edited by PaulProe; 06-05-2008 at 04:28 PM..
Old 06-06-2008, 03:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Paul i'm not happy about my calipers. I would rather have the sn95 style where the cable pulls on the mechanism instead of the outer cable pushing on it. It never made sense to me from the beginning the way the cable is reacting. When you pull on the handle,you should pull on the cable to activate the mechanism,makes more sense.not pushing on it. I want to change these Super coupe calipers,i don't like the way they work. They were supplied with the kit i've got,i'll talk to you later.Thanks
Old 06-06-2008, 03:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Default More Info

Michel
I see you have a D&D kit. What do they use for an IRS? Do you have any pictures of it?

Paul
Old 06-06-2008, 04:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Paul i don't know how to post pictures but if you go back to where it says
"Turnkey build from A to Z" you'll see pictures of the IRS,i think it's from a thunderbird,got to go back in garage building this thing,i'm very slow,don't want to screw up. If you want specifics send an e-mail to Don,he's building these puppies,chao.

Michel
Old 03-31-2014, 07:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

THis picture was ****ed up back then, this system was not working at all, what a **** up, i had to re- engineer the whole system using those **** calipers that Don gave me, I should have got the SN-95, also the geometry of the steering also ****ed up, lots of bump steer, now I have to move the rack forward and buy a bump steer kit, ****ed up engineering !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddcobra View Post
Michel more photos i hope will help

Don,

Old 03-31-2014, 10:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: NAF 289 Slabside Early Comp Car with 289 Webers and all the goodies. Cancelling the efforts of several Priuses
Default Turbo coupe Caliper

I modified the cable pull, so cable can pull from front instead of rear.

As you slide down the Banister of Life, may the splinters never be pointing the wrong way
Old 04-02-2014, 05:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Pretty clever. I'm working on my set up right now as well, instead of buying new SN95's. What I'm doing is that I will re-route the cable and bring it from the bottom keeping the caliper when it is. Should work, don't have pictures yet, I'm not done, maybe this week end.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: