Turn Ten Racing, Inc. and D&D Cobra of Quebec
Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Turn Ten Racing and D&D Cobra
User Name
Password
Club Cobra Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-24-2008, 05:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: 302 Fuel Injected

Good comment Tinman,

I am hoping to go in the next few weeks.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

the price is now under the 20,000$ the exchange is crazy now!!!!!!
Old 10-28-2008, 08:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

It now under 19000$ US
http://www.x-rates.com/calculator.html
Old 11-07-2008, 10:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: 302 Fuel Injected

what is it at now??
Old 11-16-2008, 03:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: D&D
Default Help!

I would like to post pictures into a gallery but I have no idea where I would start.
Cheers Greg
Old 11-17-2008, 03:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Hi greeg,when you are on the home page (you have to be log) step 1 click on forum.. step 2 click on gallery.. step 3 click on my photos..step 4 click upload photos
Good luck!!
Don,
Old 11-21-2008, 05:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
I contributed to CC in 2006
I have in the past contributed to CC

Send a message via AIM to mj_duell

I thought I would clear a few things up. I have been very busy lately as I have moved to another state and I just do not have time to keep up with this forum. Turn Ten Racing was ended do to a very bad Canadian to U.S. dollar exchange that made it impossible to continue doing business in the U.S. I was heart breaking to shut down the company, but I was not the first and I am sure in these trying times I will not be the last. The reason I went into business with Don was that his comapny builds absolutely top-notch kits with a high attention to detail. He will also custom make anything for clients even if it means altering the frame it's self. Yes it is true his web-site might need some work, but this does not deminish the product. D&D does not turn out hundreds of cookie cutter kits and they are truely hand built. When comparing kits get past the outer beauty and look at the frame. Don's EVO 5 is a true race krafted frame not just a heavy street frame with add ons to make it handle. Also look at the individual parts, most of D&D's pieces are true racing parts such as the Tilton pedal assembly. My suggestion to anyone interested in a D&D is do what many have done and take a trip to Chambly and see Don and the company first hand. That's my .02 I know longer have a stake in Turn Ten or D&D so my opinion is only that. For the money, with the current exchange the deal Don is offering is truely amazing.

--Mike
Old 11-21-2008, 07:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Tinnmann

I would really like to see the pics of the finished product

Are you going to be able to post them soon , if not give me a call and maybe you can email me some 604-834-3568

Rob
Old 11-21-2008, 08:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobrarob, seeing by your areacode you live in the lower mainland of BC. I also live in the lower mainland and if you wish to see one of Don's cars all be it not complete send me a PM and I'll give you a phone number etc.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Hawkeye

We have actually met , I came by your place 2 years ago approximately and I saw your car at the stage it was then

I will give you a call this weeeknd and maybe we can get together again to have a look at your progress

I really would like to see some recent pictures of a finished DD car

You can also call me if you want

Thanks for the reply

Rob
Old 11-21-2008, 12:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

I have had no luck posting pictures it says that the file is too large. I will have to wait until monday when my son is home to help.
Cheers Greg
Old 11-24-2008, 02:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Default Cobra kit

Hello, I've been looking at cobra kits for about a year now. I sent an email to D&D but got no response. Maybe people familiar with these kits can help me. Can you tell me what is the difference between EV05, 06? Also can they make any adjustments for taller drivers like lowered floor pans etc? That seat looks like it sits up quite a bit. Any dimensions on the legroom? I'm 6'3'', 220lb. Any idea on shipping costs? I live in California. Are there any charges to bring this thing across the border? Hope thats not too much to ask. I like the looks of this chassis and the price seems pretty good. I just want to make sure I can fit comfortably in the car. Thanks, Lee
Old 11-24-2008, 03:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Sorry Lee,

Maybe some one delete you massage.On the market i have the most leg room for a 90'' car.I'm 6'2'' and 265lbs and i fit ,Marc Belanger 6'3'' and 250 he live in the state you can email him or send him a pm the link on club cobra http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/member.php?u=28592 for the shipping +/- 1800$
Thanks Don,
Old 11-24-2008, 08:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Default cobra kit

Thanks, Don. I appreciate the response. I'm still curious, what is the evo5, ev06? You mention something about a birdcage in your kit contents. I assume this has something to do with the frame. Could you explain? Are you able to drop your floor pans at all to lower seat position? Are there no duty fees to pay to bring this into the US? Thanks again, sorry for all the questions but I'm too far away to visit your shop in person. I hope to decide on a kit in the next few months. Lee
Old 11-24-2008, 09:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Lee, I have one of Don's EVO 5 so maybe I can help. You can see mine in my gallery. EVO 5 is a bird cage frame much like the originals, FFR and many others. The body is just a skin over the frame with panels for the fire wall, foot boxes, trunk etc. The frame is the stength of the car as well as the protection.
The EVO6 is a ladder frame which is flat with main stringers to handle the motor much like stringers in a boat. The fibre glass body has the cockpit moulded in as well as the trunk, firewall etc. and sits on the ladder frame. The body is where all the strength is.

Don can explain the difference in the body thickness of the glass etc. I for one have this psychological thing about having steel around me.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Lee, give me your phone by email i will call you.

Thanks Don,
Old 11-25-2008, 06:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Default Success

Finally figured out how to post pictures more later
Cheers Greg
Old 04-01-2009, 10:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

is the price of your kit still $24500 CAD?
Old 04-04-2009, 04:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

now the new price is 25,000.00
Don,