21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2003, 08:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Cobra OPEN TRACK EVENT, Kershaw SC AUG. . . . Registration Form attached

CobraEarl’s FFR Accessories and Whitby Motorcars, Inc. invite you to attend an open track event at Carolina Motor Sports Park, Kershaw, SC. August 30/31 2003.

We hope to have many Cobras of many brands in attendance, maybe even some CSX cars. There may be some mustangs, Corvettes and Z-cars there also.

The registration form at the bottom is a PDF file. If you cannot open the document, you can either download Acrobat document reader from the Internet or you can email me and I will send you a word version of the document. Or send me your address and I will mail you one.

When we receive your registration form we will send you a package of further information including event rules, track rules, a tech inspection form, local motel information and other general information about the event.

The event will have a very similar format to a lot of Open Track events I’ve seen, in that we will probably have 3 classes depending on Driver experience and HP of the Cobra. Plus we will have a ladies class. But,ladies that want to can run with the guys.

Each class will probably run for about 20 minutes then the next class will run for about 20 minutes. This rotation will go on all day long.

The track is 2.25 miles and 14 turns... 35 foot of elevation change. We will have the whole track for two days. If you have never been to one of these, it will be worth your time.

Website for CMSP: WEBSITE: http://www.carolinamotorsportspark.com/default.asp

Please note that this is not a racing event. There will be no keeping of times (officially). If your wife wanted to time you, no one could keep her from it.

There will be a tech inspection. Drivers will be required to have up to date SNELL RATED helmets. Cotton long sleeve shirts and long legged cotton pants will be required while on the track. Class A (Advanced) participants are encouraged to wear drivers suits.

We are looking for Volunteers to help make this event a success. Additionally, drivers may be required to take at least one turn as a corner worker each day, if we dont get enough 100% volunteers.

Saturday Night, we will have a volunteer appreciation BBQ.

We will have camping available both nights. (Friday and Saturday) Volunteers can camp for free. CMSP has electric hookups and a bathhouse with Showers.

Drivers that complete the Volunteer portion of the registration form will be considered to be volunteers also. There fore, they will be eligible for free camping and free Volunteer Recognition BBQ supper Saturday night.

CAR STORAGE OVERNITE: We will have a guard hired so we can leave our cars there over night on Friday night and Saturday night.

SPECTATORS: This is not a spectator event, that is, spectators cannot pay to come in. However, drivers can have a large pit crew. Pit crewmembers may get asked to become active volunteers, also.

Anyone that wants to come as a volunteer, let me know and I will get you in.

ALCOHOL is allowed but, OF COURSE it’s not for drivers during the hours of the event. The management of CMSP prefers that it not be around during the day. But, if you non-drivers want a beer be very discrete. Volunteers must not drink during event hours either. The track manager said there has never been a problem there with alcohol and we absolutely will not be the first

KERSHAW is DIRECTLY SOUTH of Charlotte, about 60 miles. Took me exactly one hour to get back to I-485 south of Charlotte straight up hwy 521... But I may have violated some speed limits a little.

Registration is open to all brands of Cobras on a first come basis.

We hope you will come, have fun, and support this event. We look forward to hosting two of these events each year. Hopefully one each year can be held at VIR.

Earl Groce, CobraEarl’s FFR Accessories
Jeff Collins, Whitby Motorcars, Inc.

REGISTRATION FORM
Old 07-24-2003, 07:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

JEFF AND I RENTED the TRACK TODAY.....

HOPE TO SEE ALL YOUALL THERE aug 30-31.

LEARN to drive those FAST CARS in a Safe, UNCOP, environment.!!!!

earl
Old 09-02-2003, 08:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

THANK YOU CLUB COBRA for making this thread a Sticky Note Post... It was great of you to help us generate the interest in the event. 99.9% of our "advertising" of this event was done on the forums and the internet .. could have not done it with out your help.

I want to PERSONALLY say THANKS to all the VOLUNTEER WORKERS it was YOU that made this event a success.

It was people JUST LIKE Phillip Deal and Tom Smith that came, Camped all weekend and Volunteered.. I guess you guys pulled four 2.3 hour stints as corner workers. AND Phillip AND KAYE took care of getting the TEE SHIRTS picked up and DELIVERED to the track.

And Scott and Carla Wydra Picked Barrowed 75 traffic Cones and delivered them to the track and picked them up when the event was over and took them home to where ever they barrowed them. AND SCOTT AND CARLA with some timely help from some others put on a TERRIFIC FEED for the Volunteer Appreciation Supper.

And Greg and Gerri Warden Barrowed Cones for us to use because we did not know that Scott and Carla was going to come through. And Gerri helped anywhere she was needed. She was a great corner worker.

AND Leah Nix worked ALL WEEKEND from 5:00 Friday nite until the last person left, as Volunteer Coordinator.

AND BUZZ Reynolds Stepped up the plate and supervised the Tech Inspection area with the help of several guys, John Phillips, Greg Warden, Gary Groce (my brother) Jon Felton, Wade Chamberlain and others, I cant remember, cause they took care of it... Jeff and I were a quarter of a mile away in the Registration booth.

AND Ralph Button worked behind the scenes on computer problems.

AND Jon Felton did a GREAT JOB as Track Marshall.

AND DOZENS of VOLUNTEERS came and went all weekend and gladly pulled one, two, four and even more stints in the best seat in the house.... THE CORNER WORKER SHED. We only had a few experienced corner workers, NOW we have a HOST of experienced folks. One guy, stayed out ALL day Saturday. We had one young college student from UNCC help in the corners. My CPA came up with his son and they both were right there doing what ever needed don. My best friend from home came down and helpd on Sunday.

My Wife Juanita and Jeff's Wife Suzy and thier two girls were all over the place, doing what ever needed to be done. and taking care of registration on Saturday Morning.

And Ben Ramsey stepped up to the plate with radios for the event.

AND JEFF COLLINS LEARNED HOW TO SEW Especially for this event... HE GETS THE BETSY ROSS AWARD for making the 40 + flags we used.

And GUY, John , Barry from Whitby Motors were there doing what ever needed done. AND GUY DID NOT WRECK THE PACE CAR!!!!!!

AND our 6 Volunteer Instructors.... I hope everyone that wanted instruction Got it... THANKS GUYS

TURNS OUT THAT NO DRIVERS HAD TO WORK AS A CORNER WORKER. That was one of our EVENT GOALS.!!

I know ive left out some folks that deserve Special MENTION... THERE WERE SO MANY and My Memory is SOOOOOO BAD.

And GREG WARDEN GETS THE FARMER AWARD... for doing the most PLOWING over the weekend ... FLYING FREDDY RICE get the award for the LONGEST SKID and the Dirtyist Laundry Award for his TREMENDOUS EFFORT on the back stretch.

I want to thank the Superformance guys for their support. It was great to see Bob Olthoff Sunday Afternoon with their GEORGEOUS SPF COUPE. Thanks GUYS.

I want to thank the CORVETTE z06s that put on such a show on sunday TRYING to run down that FFR Spec Racer . And the Mustang guys, THANKS.. All the cars were great, and they were all well matched. And all the drivers were great gentlemen on the track, (except for the ladies )

No one got Hurt.
No one Broke anything Serious.
There may be some flat spotted tires, there may be some brakes that need new pads, there may be a couple of disgusting Laundry bills, but all in all all the equipment and drivers got home in one piece...

Jeff and I are very happy to have sponsored this event.

AND, a special THANKS to the Man in Charge of THE WEATHER. It was hot, but only about 90, and low humidity, always a nice breeze and some clouds, and NO RAIN at the Track.. even though a Nice thunder storm went west of us Saturday night to give us a Fire Works display while we ate. And Saturday SOME KICK ASS storms were about 60 miles to the north. FOR KERSHAW, FOR AUGUST, THe weather was WONDERFUL.

AND A SPECIAL THANKS TO JEFF COLLINS, who, while being as Car Crazy as I am, lent Credibility to the event and worked his ASS OFF for about a month, planning, scheduling, sewing, getting meat balls, etc, etc, etc, etc,. With out jeff's help and mature judgement and financial backing, this event could have never have happened. Jeff also broke his butt all weekend. THANKS JEFF.

A friend of mine says "you cannot throw the same Party Twice". SO next time we will have a bigger party, bigger crowd and a LARGER TIME.

Any one want to do it again??

Earl