14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2001, 10:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR2229K, Vortech-blown 306 (446rwhp, 442 rwtq)
Not Ranked     
Default Northern VA get together 7/15/01

Hello All;
On the 15th of July a few of us northern Virginia guys and girls are planning to attend a Wings and Wheels event at the Flying Circus in Bealeton, Va. At this time we have about 6 Cobras going and are asking anyone out there to join us. The gates open at 11 am and we should be able to mark off an area for our cars. The airport is off of Rt 17, 22 miles north of Fredericksburg or 14 miles south of Warrenton. They have an air show with OLD planes. The cost to get in is Hot Rod and driver= FREE, passenger[s] $5.00 each. For more info e-mail me at wadec@agcengineering.com.

We are tentatively planning on meeting at the Burger King in Manassas on RT28 by the regional airport. We'll cruise in together from there (about 20 minutes).

Any interest?
Old 07-10-2001, 07:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hello Wade,
I'll be meeting ya'll at the show at 11:30.I'll be coming straight from my boat down at Colonial Beach and I'd have to get up too early from a hard previous day(and night) on the water to make it all the way to Manassas by 10 a.m..By the way, I think I solved my carb problem- was getting trash into the needle seat and hanging the float ! Whoever built my car didn't use the right gas tank - just some car tank that fit good but had rust in it.Tried to order a new one from Everette Morrison but they're all closed down for vacation for a couple of weeks so I'll keep changing the filters. Anyway was good meeting you and Don last friday night at BK in Stafford and look forward to seeing everybody Sunday at Bealton!
See ya!
Tom
Old 07-11-2001, 04:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Cool

Tom - that's great news about the carb. Glad it was that simple. We'll look for you at Wings and Wheels. If I count right, we should get between 7-10 Cobras!
Old 07-11-2001, 05:56 AM
BLACKJACK
Visit my Photo Gallery

Thumbs up YUP!!!

HI WADE,

I'M IN.

(ANY TIME, ANY HI-WAY, ANY SPEED).

BLACKJACK

PS: THANKS FOR THE FORUM INFO ON THE DAYTONA COUPES'

BJ
Old 08-26-2002, 05:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former Owner of both Superformance #2666 Roush 427IR and Superformance #1601 Ford Crate 460CI - 486 HP 510 ft\lbs TQ
Not Ranked     
Default September 15th??

Looks like there is another Wings and Wheels at the Flying Circus on September 15th. Anyone going? My wife and I are going with a friend of hers from work who is a pilot. Still a spectator for a little while longer.

John
Old 08-30-2002, 05:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

John - we've kicked it around a bit. Haven't really got anybody to commit yet. I'll try to get some folks in CACC fired up about going.
Old 08-30-2002, 03:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former Owner of both Superformance #2666 Roush 427IR and Superformance #1601 Ford Crate 460CI - 486 HP 510 ft\lbs TQ
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Wade,

Sounds good. Hope to see a few "Roadsters" there. Just doesn't seem like a car show without them.

John
Old 08-31-2002, 12:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, Tweaked 351W, T-5Z, CRII Tech Support Team.
Not Ranked     

July outing got rained out. If decent weather in Sep, wife & I will go.
Old 09-01-2002, 07:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

John - I think we had 12 or 13 at last years Hot Rod day. It was fun, but way too stinkin' hot! Looks like we'll get some to go again this year. See CACC link....

http://www.capitalareacobraclub.com/...opic.php?t=473

Hope to see you there.
Old 09-11-2002, 07:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

John - we're getting more and more folks that say they're going. Most will meet at the McDonalds (or BK across the street) where RT 28 crosses the new RT234 bypass, just south of Manassas near the regional airport. Hope to see you there, or at the show.
Old 09-11-2002, 02:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Wade,

Thanks for the update.
I'll be there! I hope we don't get rained out. Last time I checked it was calling for a slight chance of rain Sunday. I will probably meet you guys at the show as I not exactly sure what time I'll be getting there. My Dad found out that there is a gun show at the expo center down the road. If he decides to go with my wife Sarah and I, he may drag me to the gun show first.
I should be easy to spot, I'll be the dork wearing one of many of my fine Cobra shirts(Those who don't have yet need some way to satisy their desire) and drooling over your cars. Any Big Block Superformance owners in the club? I love all Cobras but that's what i'm interested in buying at the end of the year.
Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

John
Old 09-13-2002, 07:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default dates

Are there any events planned for the Va. Beach / Norfolk Va. / Williamsburg area in the near future ? I 'am in northeast N C.
Any info. would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Conway
Old 09-13-2002, 07:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

John - one of the fellows in the club had a 460 powered SPF, but sold it and has a JCF slabside on order. We've got 3 other active members w/ SPF cars, but they all have 351W's in them (one stroker). Looks like we might get wet sunday. If not, we'll see you there.
Old 09-14-2002, 02:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Dang!

Weather report for Bealeton, Va. at weather.com is not looking good. States 60-70% chance of rain all day.
Wade,
If you can post in the morning by 10:30 or so and let me know how it looks that would be great. (Or email me at gumball@attbi.com)
I know we need the rain but I get a little chapped when it's nice all week while I'm busting my tail at work and then rains on the weekends. Looks like the one in July was a rain out as well. What a shame.

Thanks,
JB
Old 09-15-2002, 06:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

John -

it's been raining here off and on all morning, and by the looks of the radar map, it's going to get much worse. Guess it's a bust again.
Old 09-15-2002, 07:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Unhappy

Wade,

Thanks for the update. Guess I'll just spend the day working on that Honey-Do list.

Maybe Next time.

JB