17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 05-09-2006, 08:29 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF, Roush 427R
Not Ranked     
Default Shade and seating at the Track

My co-pilot wants to know if she should bring a chair and/or umbrella for the hours we will be at the Track. What are the accomodations like? Is there a building where spectators can cool off, use the facilities, etc.? I know some goodies will be provided, should we bring snacks and the like?

Thanks - Tom
Old 05-09-2006, 08:45 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Blue Car
Not Ranked     

Hey Tom,

There are several tents and tables there where we will be hanging out during class and for cooling off in the afternoon. The morning should be pretty nice and then warming up later. I think if you are concerned, you should bring your own stuff so you are comfortable. I may bring my EZup and chairs so I don't have to worry about shade and relaxing, but I am trailering too so it's easy to throw that stuff in the truck. The thing is, there may be quite a few people at Track Day so it would not be a bad idea to bring your own stuff. Snacks and dricks are always good to have around but we are going to have a blow out BBQ lunch and water for you. I would just bring what ever creature comforts and stuff you think will make your day that much more enjoyable. But it is a race track.

Talk soon, John
Old 05-09-2006, 11:39 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

There will be sun. Bring sun protection. Both John and I are bringing our EZ-UP tents for sure. If anyone else is bringing their rig/trailer and you have an EZ-UP too, bring it! We'll daisy chain EZ-UP tents all together for as much extra shade as possible out in the pit area.

Lets make this a fun day with as much as we can all bring to make it comfortable to hang out and relax between laps.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:59 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Bringing a couple of EZ-Ups...
Old 05-10-2006, 12:05 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR
Not Ranked     
Default EZ-up chain...

We have two I can throw in the trailer. Bright soccer team RED!!! Its toasty out there at that track.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:13 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF, Roush 427R
Not Ranked     

Thanks to all of you, especially those who can brings tents, etc. Not a whole lot of room left in the back of my Cobra.

Tom
Old 05-10-2006, 10:10 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Tom,

There will be a group of us that are going to set up next to each other with ezups. You are more than welcome to grab a chair in the shade with us.

Talk soon, John
Old 05-10-2006, 10:21 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Securing your EZ-UPs at Fernley!!!!!

For those of us bringing EZ-UPs to the track, we need to make sure we can really secure them to the ground as it is very "Wizard of Oz" like, in the afternoon. Many ez-ups have been launched & lost there due to the afternoon wind. So let's bring plenty of tie-down rope, weights, and whatever else we can think of so this does not turn into an EZ-Up up up and awaaaay event. If it gets too windy we can just take them down.

Talk soon, John
Old 05-10-2006, 10:47 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     
Default Making shade a priority!

John/All,
EZ-up makes 0ptional sand bags with pins; I have them but they are kind of a pain. One other thought is to see if Jeremy/ET have large 5gal paint buckets that we can fill with water and use to hold down the tents. We can bring some zip ties and tie the four corners of each tent together so they are all interconnected side by side by side like a daisy chain.

EZUP TENT<>TENT<>TENT<>TENT<>TENT = lots of shade, yayyyyyyyyyy!
Old 05-10-2006, 11:16 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Duane,

We may need to be thinking beyond the basic tie down approach. If it gets too windy it is better to simply take them down and not be pre-occupied with the dumb things. They are hard to avoid when they land on the straight at 130mph.

When I was at Knott's the JBL boys used my 10' x 15' and we spent half the time holding on to the stupid thing and worrying about it. It was held down pretty good too. We saw one lift off and land on a car. I'm willing to give it a go but just a thought.

John
Old 05-10-2006, 11:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #113, 482 aluminum FE 601hp
Not Ranked     

I have 12" square steel plates I use as hold down on mine but at Knott's mine started to lift too and I packed it up. Didn't want it to land on a car.

Will we be able to park our tow vehicles and trailers where we stage the cars and sit between sessions or will they have to be parked out in a parking lot? I'd like to park the cobra next to the motorhome (and canopy) when we're not on the track.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:16 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR
Not Ranked     
Default Parking on Friday track day

Duane/John,
are we going to be the only ones there on Friday, right? Just Cobra related people. If so, parking is no problem out there. We get the track all to ourselves, not sharing time with motorcycles or anyone else?
Old 05-10-2006, 02:20 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Track Parking Note

Scott,

Get with me Thursday afternoon or during tech on this parking business at the track. We can figure it out. You will pull your motor home and trailer straight in and leave it there for the day. So everything will be right there for you. What I don't know yet is if we can take two spots. I need to see how many trailers are coming and so forth. We will all be on the front, pit row. That's how I want it. Visitors and non participants will park in the back / east pit area. The earlier you get to the track Friday morning for special treatment, the better. I and a few others will be there by 7am. We are going to be busy between 7 & 8 getting set up and running the track for last minute tweaking. Once folks start showing up by 8am sharp, there won't be much time for this sort of thing. This applies to anyone in a similar situation trailering.

Thanks, John
Old 05-10-2006, 02:27 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Cindy,

Yes, that is correct. This is a WSCB ONLY Event! The only folks participating on Friday will be those who registered for the Western States Cobra Bash and Track Day. All others are welcome to come out and watch between 9am and 3:30pm.

I have been talking to ET this week and we are just about done with the schedule. I'll be posting it soon on CC and Duane will be including it his news letter. So everyone will know what to expect.

Talk soon, John
Old 05-10-2006, 05:37 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

John,

Or we might consider bringing some water skiing ropes and tie them to the under side of each of the EZ-UPs and start a secondary parasailing function out there in the pit area.

Bring those EZ-UPs for sure though, and we'll see what kinda wind we get once we get there. Last year was calm as could be as I recall.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #113, 482 aluminum FE 601hp
Not Ranked     

John,
Thanks for the info. I'll be leaving Las Vegas early Thursday morning and will talk to you further when I get there in mid afternoon. Friday I'll be up early and plan on getting to the track by 7:30 at the latest.

One week to go!!!
Old 05-10-2006, 06:58 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Scott,

Sounds good. I'm sure we'll get it sorted out. I may run out to the track on Thursday morning too for final game-plan.

John

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: