21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
Old 05-10-2006, 07:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #113, 482 aluminum FE 601hp
Not Ranked     
Exclamation Thursday evening

For those of us that are arriving Thursday, is there any organized events scheduled? Or are on our own to plan something with who ever shows up?

Scott
Old 05-10-2006, 08:20 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Blue Car
Not Ranked     

Scott,

I will be posting a full and complete schedule for ALL Track Day participants here on Club Cobra. You should also receive it as a News Letter from Duane.

Please be patient as there is a lot going on right now trying to get all our ducks in a row with all who are involved. I only want to post this schedule one time, not bits and pieces, so I am waiting for the last little details to be completed. Almost there so pleas bare with me.

Talk soon, John
Old 05-10-2006, 09:13 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Hatcher
For those of us that are arriving Thursday, is there any organized events scheduled? Or are on our own to plan something with who ever shows up? Scott

I don't know about you, but I'm planning on doing some heaving drinking.

Just kidding, or maybe not after noting the exclamation point symbol on your post and if we all don't get too stressed out before we get there. The interest and excitement is appreciated and duely noted. We learned last year and will repeat the same thing again, Thursday is intentionally an "open" early arrivals day to just get there, settle in, check out your car, clean up, get your room, mill around the facility, get your bearings.... you know... RELAX. There will be an opportunity to get your car tech inspection done, meet some of the other early arrivals, hang out, and take it easy after our drives up... The one thing we all need to remember about WSCB is its a "gathering" and not some kind of competition or anything to be all stressed about. Not to worry, if you attend Track Day on Friday, Friday Night Gathering, Saturday 100 Mile Drive, Saturday night Car show, and the Saturday night Ice Cream awards, you guys will be wishing you had taken advantage of relaxation back on Thursday. Plenty to do. Hang tight. Thanks,

Last edited by decooney; 05-10-2006 at 09:35 PM..
Old 05-10-2006, 09:22 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2089
Not Ranked     

I can do that.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:50 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Scott...tell ya what. You can watch me blow a few hundred real damn quick at the blackjack table.

Or, as an adopted tradition from the parking lots of the early Flings...we'll teach you how to snort taquilla.

Honestly, the best times just happen. You won't be bored.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:54 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Blue Car
Not Ranked     

And my sinuses were just getting back to normal......
Old 05-10-2006, 10:10 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Jamo,
On a related note another adopted tradition is the T-shirt provider. After a few back/forth revisions, the proofs are very cool. Daytona Coupe/WSCB logo on the front, 427 Cobra in gas station on the back, GT40 above, neat scenery in the background. I guess we could check these out on Thursday. I've been up there a few times lately, and with the recent big change in weather, I think this place is going to be jumping once the weekend hits!
Old 05-10-2006, 11:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 Slabside Early Comp Car with 289 Webers and all the goodies. Cancelling the efforts of several Priuses
Not Ranked     

Since gas keep going up I decided to hire 30 Illegals and post them in pairs every 25 miles. They can push the car and I can enjoy the scenery at the same time. Jamo I'll join you at the table with the money I save.

As you slide down the Banister of Life, may the splinters never be pointing the wrong way
Old 05-11-2006, 09:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

John and Duane,
Thanks for the info. Look forward to next week. You guys and your team have spent a great deal of time and energy to make our weekend memorable and fun.

Jamo,
I live in Las Vegas so I have no money left. So I'll be glad to watch with great interest in how quickly you can lose the hundreds. Snorting taquilla ......brings back some interest memories of Mexico!

Scott
Old 05-11-2006, 03:46 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Right on Scott, we'll see ya there!
Old 05-14-2006, 08:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 3850, 95 Cobra 5.0 EFI, IRS, Pin Drive 15" real Magnesium Halibrands & Vintage Wheels, Billboards & Mickey Thompson S/T tires, Blue/Wht Stripes, Hoops, CSX Dash, Konis, VPMs, Torsen
Not Ranked     

Scott,

I am up for a run Thursday evening.

Larry N. Johnson
Cell 503-329-3010
Old 05-15-2006, 12:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sounds like a good possibility! Who else is interested? My cell is 702-525-8991.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: