LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-21-2006, 03:34 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Blue Car
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Thank You Duane!!!

Duane,

I wanted to publicly thank you for not only doing an incredible job this year organizing the Bash but making it possible for me to be there with my car. You know the story so no explanation needed, but you did put me in touch with two very talented people, Gary Cook & Tom Lucas. Had it not been for these two guys, My Bash fun-factor would have been zip and car-less. And that goes for my daughter too. It was so great to have her with me, in that friggin car on the drive. I have to say, there were moments of father-daughter magic. Gary and Tom know how much I appreciate all their help and all the last minute efforts and inconvenience. Thanks for opening those doors at a time when my alternate choices were looking pretty bleak by comparison.

So thank you Duane for being a friend and helping me out in a big way. The Bash was just outstanding and Lauren and I had a very memorable time!

John

Old 05-21-2006, 04:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factroy Five MKIII Roadster/ FMS 302 engine Mass-Flow injection
Not Ranked     
Smile Big Thanks

Great job Duane,

For those of you who missed the Cobra Bash you missed an AWESOME EVENT

We had a lot of fun at the Cobra Bash. Count us in for next year again.

Your efforts are very much appreciated Duane

Again,

A BIG Thank you

Dan LePage
Old 05-21-2006, 05:14 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR
Not Ranked     
Default thank you Duane

Duane, this bash was over the top. The kids and I had another great time, I cant say thanks enough. What a great place to have our event. Highlights of the weekend? Wellll, has to be track day, absolute FUN competition burnouts, and those darn molestors Chuck and "Sheila"!!! You guys rock.

WSCB has some really awesome people and I am already signing up for Bash 07. Wheres the sign-up sheet??????
Thanks again.....my 11 or 12 rolls of film will be in soon, the digital died.
PS....I LOVE my trailer.....epic adventure getting home. Rain, what rain, it was all worth it!
cindrrr and beloved pit crew
Old 05-21-2006, 05:41 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR
Not Ranked     
Default Ps

I think there should also be a thank you to John for a great track day, and Bob for a great drive up to my favorite ski resorts. You guys did good.

I just cant wait to get to the next event. Theres got to be one next week, or the week after. This is addicting stuff here. Work? ah hell, not work.
Old 05-21-2006, 06:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Heritage body, built the rest..460 Toploader..9"
Not Ranked     
Default I second that...or third..or ?...

Thanks Duane....You did it again!!!!! What a group, had a great time even though I had to come without hey but the ride home in Rick's car was worth it ...I guess. The coefficient of friction ( or lack of it ) between racing tires and wet oily pavement makes for a hair raising ride, and in my case that's difficult so the trip home goes in the books as one you don't want to repeat. Thanks Cindy for carrying that stuff for us, and Rick I wont mention anything about the TOW TRUCK.

John
Old 05-21-2006, 07:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra-less
Not Ranked     

Thank you Duane and the gang and their wives.

We had a great time.
Al & Kathy
Old 05-21-2006, 08:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BOSS JBL, 331
Send a message via AIM to LMarsey
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

DUANE! Thank you so much for everything!! My dad and I had such a great time and I met so many great people. DAD thank you so much for being such an amazing dad, I truly am the luckiest girl in the world. I had a great time cruzin through tahoe and all over the valley when we are home. I am so happy we have this amazing car and we get to spend this time together! I love you!! Thanks Cindy and Charlie for hanging out with me, it was a real pleasure getting to know you both and I hope to see you this summer! Kirkham boys you were awesome thanks for cruzin with dad and I! Cant wait to see you all next year.. take care. Stay classy. Lauren Marsey.

Last edited by LMarsey; 05-21-2006 at 08:31 PM..
Old 05-21-2006, 08:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 Slabside Early Comp Car with 289 Webers and all the goodies. Cancelling the efforts of several Priuses
Not Ranked     

I know nothing!

As you slide down the Banister of Life, may the splinters never be pointing the wrong way
Old 05-21-2006, 08:51 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Duane...assolute perfection. John and the rest of the crew...not enough can be said for all of the prep and support during the event.

I have no reservation in saying that it was the best Cobra event yet, and I've been to a few.

Sleep well.

Last edited by Jamo; 05-21-2006 at 09:05 PM..
Old 05-21-2006, 10:23 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane Cobra HM 1007, 390FE
Not Ranked     

Duane, Great Cobra Bash! Thanks to You, Bob & Linda , Jim Marcy, Club Cobra, Dick Smith, Peter Brock, The Nugget and all the rest of the great Cobra people. Dan and I had a great time driving up with Jim Norris and Nor Cal Al, nice guys. Most of all thanks for giving me a reason to finish my Cobra. Dan and I worked hard to make it ready for the drive up and back. It ran great! I really enjoyed the Squaw Valley Drive and Dick and Peter. They are the guys that made it all happen. God bless them! ken b
Old 05-21-2006, 10:39 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

To: John M, Dan, Cindy, Rick, Lauren, John P, Ron/Jamo, Ken/Dan, & ALL of the attendees that came to WSCB 2006, and including Bob/Linda and my better half Ericka, who helped me and to make this possible - THANK YOU SO MUCH! . I am so appreciative that it all worked out so well for most everyone.

As a few have said to me today, I agree, "It was like Magic". It all really turned out to be even beyond my own vision and expectations. Many things fell into place, including the weather from Thursday through early Sunday morning. To be frank, my biggest fear or challenge now for next year might just be this - "Just how the hell are we gonna top that?". There was a peak-average of about 163 Cobras, and someone said around the photoshoot time combining all the cars in the big photo and on the upper deck not in the photo we actually reached 175 Cobras at peak. I counted 165 a few times, so we know for sure we were over our 150 goal by a good margin. 200 for next year is a no-brainer now, and this may be our limit for next year. I'm still thinking we may want to keep the focus on quality and friendships rather than quantity. I'd like to think about having a priority list for year-1 and year-2 attendee sign ups before January 1st, '07.

After I get some rest and quiet (no thinking required) time pulling all my giant weeds in my back yard I'll get to it again while its still fresh in our minds. AND, as long as the Nugget will have us back after our LOUD behaviors, and you all know what I'm referring to, I'll start putting my notes and script together to architect '07 to make at least as good as '06 or slightly better.

For now, I just want to rest and get my feet back on the ground, while still savoring what just happened in '06. That poster you all secretly signed for me is something I will cherish for the rest of my life. Chat more later... out. DC

Last edited by decooney; 05-21-2006 at 10:45 PM..
Old 05-21-2006, 11:48 PM
Regularly Offensive
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: spf
Not Ranked     

I can't add anything to what has been said about the great time. My first bash but I know it's not my last. Thank you everyone for the time well spent.

Ed
Old 05-22-2006, 09:36 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: owned Kirkham for 11 years
Not Ranked     

I couldn`t agree more, Thudmaster, Jamo and all the other great comments.

Great to be part of something so special, a lifetime dream in the flesh for me.

Maurice Lawrence
Old 05-22-2006, 10:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 3850, 95 Cobra 5.0 EFI, IRS, Pin Drive 15" real Magnesium Halibrands & Vintage Wheels, Billboards & Mickey Thompson S/T tires, Blue/Wht Stripes, Hoops, CSX Dash, Konis, VPMs, Torsen
Not Ranked     

Duane,
Thanks from the Utah clan!!
We really had a great time (thanks to you!!)

larry and Shirley

Ready to race!
Old 05-22-2006, 12:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #624 (427 S/C), 428 PI
Not Ranked     

Duane (big brother-623) even though we didn't have the car ready, we really enjoyed the adventure. It was great to to meet so many "COBRA-ITES" in one place. My wife will get the videos from the track and the Saturday gathering of Snakes on the 5th floor, to you, in the next couple of weeks. We'll be there next year, on your 6. Thanks again for all your hard work.... Baby brother- 624.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4285, Shelby aluminum block 427, 40th Anniversary Model # 5
Not Ranked     

This has become a "must attend" annual event . Keep up the good work!!

Mark, WSCB 1 & 2
Old 05-22-2006, 12:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Nuttin'
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Duane, Thanks for being so very helpful and friendly to a "newbie" like me. You really made an impact on me with such a well planned event. I CAN'T wait to sign up for next year!
John M, thanks for your help and suggestions for the Track Day. You really made it a spectacular event for me. "WOW" is all that comes to mind when I think of the fun I had out there

And to all the attendees I met; John, Doug, Linda, Gary, Rick, Ken, Chuck, Scott, Gregg, Mark...(and to those who's names slip my mind):
A Big THANKS
My wife was unable to attend, yet I felt like I had a bunch of friends to hang out with even after the conclusion of the day's events.

To all who didn't attend....all I can offer is my condolences.

IT WAS A FREAKIN' BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-22-2006, 02:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 347
Not Ranked     

Duane-Thanks to you and your friends that did so much, unseen, hard work to put together a great time for the rest of us!!! Steve
Old 05-22-2006, 05:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6079 482CI CSX cross ram
Not Ranked     

Duane,
I cant thank you enuff for Starting the WSCB. I am already looking forward to WSCB '07
your Bulldog
Mike
Old 05-22-2006, 05:20 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     
Default Shirt pictures?

I wonder, did anyone get any pictures of attendees wearing those cool WSCB 2006 T-shirts and particularly the back side? Note the WSCB gas station and sign. Bob B. did a nice job getting these shirts made up. I bought 36 of them myself to keep around for close friends and people local to me who did not have a chance to buy one.