16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-27-2006, 08:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi all, I have just sent in my registration and hope that there is still room for me. Hey Perry, I am going to drive around the block a few times on the way to Reno so I'll get that trophy from you. John
Old 12-28-2006, 11:57 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 377 - 428SCJ
Not Ranked     
Default Western States Cobra Bash 2007 – Main Thread

Hi Gents,
I have registered today myself and my wife to arrive on Thursday and depart on Sunday. I hope a spot will open up for the track day on Friday but if not I'll be there to root you on anyway. Looking forward to being there as had to bail out last year due to business obligations.

CU there.

hoppy
428SCJ
Old 01-02-2007, 07:04 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #684, 428 FE, TKO600
Not Ranked     

Is anyone going to publish a "who's comingh/registered" list anywhere as we go along? It was fun keeping up with the London show registered participants last year.
DonC
Old 01-02-2007, 07:07 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     
Default A little update

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonC
Is anyone going to publish a "who's comingh/registered" list anywhere as we go along? It was fun keeping up with the London show registered participants last year.
DonC
UPDATE

Hi DonC,
I do post the basic attendee list and car types online on the website each year. I hope to have it ready by mid January along with the major email communications list I send out. After I finish up on a few interesting updates being wrapped up for track day and after I get all the registered names loaded into the new software/registration database, I can post them. It was easy last year as we sold out in Mid March and this year I can't keep up, they are coming in even faster. Not a bad problem to have once I catch up.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:57 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 389 427s/o
Not Ranked     
Default East Coasters

How many people are coming from east of the Mississippi? East of the Delaware?

I need an adventure
Old 01-02-2007, 09:42 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

JWheaton,

May I suggest you start a post under this forum, titled with something like "East Coasters heading to WSCB 2007?" etc etc.

Nobody further than NJ so far. Last year we had Florida, so check back in a month or so, but maybe you can pick up some others here on CC between now and then.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:22 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Wscb 2007 Status Update - 01/06/07

WSCB 2007 STATUS UPDATE - JANUARY 01/06/07

There have been a few changes taking place over the last two weeks and just after the holiday to address a few challenges we had to work through. One of them was Track Day selling out so fast, and seeing what could be done about adding more spots. I will be sending out a more formal email notification to all regisitered attendees ONCE I get all these registrations logged into the new database being put together now. I plan to send out a major notification by January 15th by email. We have interesting news to share about some of these changes.

Changes:

- Changes to TRACK instruction school, using RCSC instead. We had to make revisions in order to meet the specific attendee requirements needed for WSCB Track Day, and we are really excited to provide you with a few more details in the notication in a few weeks.

- Since HMSA is not doing test/tune that day, this allowed us to add just one more run group of 20 additional spots for a total of 80 cars.

- 11 people on the waiting list have since been notified to go ahead and send in their Track Day registrations. Send an email to WSCB@comcast.net if you want one of the remaining (FINAL) nine spots left. This will be it. I will reply with the required Track Day registration form on a case by case basis.

- NO EXTRA TRACK DAYS will be offered by WSCB. If you want to participate in Track Day, now's your chance to grab one of the last nine spots. Good Luck. Get Ready, Set, Go!

- John Marsey will follow up with you on your specific Track Day numbers on a case by case basis. Please be sure to check with JMarsey if you have not coordinated your number with him. It may already be reserved by someone else, please confirm with the numbers police! Hahahahaha.

- As of 1/6/07 we are somewhere around 130 total registered cars for WSCB now, and reaching 80 cars for Track Day soon. Do you think we'll reach the 200 car limit for WSCB with over 5 months to go?

- Once the registration/names database is completed, I wil post the requested attendees list on the WSCB website like last year with Name/Handle/Car/City only so you can see who is attending.

- A few more magazines have contacted us since the recent coverage came out in Kit Kar January 2007. Seems to have generated some additional interest by people who may not be members of ClubCobra.com, or FFCobra.com or GT40s.com.

The next update will the real one by email to all registered attendees. Thanks to everyone for your continuted support.

Take Care. DC

Last edited by decooney; 01-09-2007 at 09:17 PM..
Old 01-08-2007, 04:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cutting Edge, Boss 429
Not Ranked     

Called the Nugget and reserved a room. Sent check off today for the Bash. looking forward to seeing you all.

Chris
Old 02-06-2007, 10:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B 351/402 Fi roller everything
Not Ranked     

sent my money in last week! thanks for getting me of my bum. peter
Old 03-13-2007, 11:03 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

WSCB Attendees / Quick Update:

I'll be sending out an updated email/newsletter around April 1st. The only ones who will receive it are those who are registered. Lots of little updates to share and things coming together. Until then, one important thing to note:

The WSCB hotel room block is mostly sold out all 4 nights now, and now the main hotel is completely sold out on Fri/Saturday. Attendee and vendor spots are completely full on the main Corral floor. Track Day is full. We've got plenty coming and I'm letting a few more former attendees from year1/2 trickle in but that's about it. Also, we will be sending out a pre-arrival information packet on email with a video link soon for Track Day so you can see the actual in-car filming of the track configuration in advance; it's on the website now under Track Day Info. It's going well so far. Thanks to all for your support. DC
Old 03-13-2007, 11:10 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Sell outs across the board, eh? So...a complete and utter failure.

Me thinks this is going to be the bestest yet.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:15 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Blue Car
Not Ranked     

Hi Folks,

Just a further note about the Track Day package Duane mentioned. We will have that assembled and to you in the early April Newsletter. Along with schedules and tech info, the package will give you a written and visual overview of what to expect both in the classroom and on the track. The video turned out very well, I thought, and will make more sense when you get the rest of the material that goes with it. Together, you will be able to prepare yourself and get familiar with the program so come Track Day morning you’ll be ready to rock! We will explain all this in the Newsletter so stay tuned!

Talk soon, John
Old 03-14-2007, 08:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF Brock Coupe #88, Keith Craft 427w
Not Ranked     

John,
I assume this will all be in the packet, but wondering what the safety requirements are with respect to clothing, helmet, etc. This will be my first track day (everyone stay away from the gray coupe! ), so this is all new to me. Will helmets, etc. be available for rental at the track?

Doug, SPC088
Old 03-14-2007, 11:02 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Doug,

You will be fine. Helmets will be made available if needed. I believe there was a box to check on the Track Day Reg form including size. Make sure you let us know if not on the reg form.

Clothing should basically be shoes you are very comfortable driving the car with. I would always recommend a pair of driving shoes especially on the track. I like the Simpson shoe because they are thin soul'd and tight around the foot without a bunch of extra width. A driving shoe will give you a better feel of the pedals and foot box, and you know where the edges of your feet are. A good set of driving gloves also helps with car control and safety. Apparel can be jeans, no shorts, and a long sleeve shirt is recommended. I also like to recommend a neck brace although not required. They help to limit head movement. Once you wear one, you’ll feel naked without it.

Everything will be explained it the Packet but let us know if you have any questions. Oh yeah, prepare to have fun!

Talk soon, John
Old 03-14-2007, 11:33 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey John,
Let's go ahead and copy/move the Track Day conversation over to the WSCB Track Day thread so its included there as well or instead. Thanks!
Old 03-14-2007, 12:34 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/show...d=1#post722616
Old 03-14-2007, 02:00 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: owned Kirkham for 11 years
Not Ranked     

Hi, Duane

I hope to be able to trickle in Sat at breakfast.

I will bring the form and check, just in case.

Maurice
Old 03-19-2007, 12:48 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold - SPF #829, Shelby FE 427
Not Ranked     

Hey Duane,
Dusted of my Cobra, and the check is in the mail.
Sheila and I will be able to make it. Really looking forward to some high octane fun. Will be going up thursday.
Marc
Old 03-19-2007, 05:53 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sounds good, Marc. Glad you were able to clear out the cobwebs.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 with 331 KC
Not Ranked     

Duane-

Are there any rooms left?

I am planning on attending if there are.

Pat