28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-19-2006, 12:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cutting Edge Replicas, 427 World block SBF, TWM Injection
Not Ranked     
Default EXTRA TRACK DAY before/after BASH?

Bash attendees,

I sent an email to ET to see if she was having another TRACK DAY BEFORE or AFTER the Bash. She indicated that she would consider holding another day if 10-12 cars were interested. Could be a great alternative to those who register late for the BASH TRACK DAY. Probably more $$$ but since you are already up there ....

Anyone else interested?
Shell Valley Daytona #27
Old 11-19-2006, 04:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Brock Coupe w/ Roush 402RC
Not Ranked     

I would seriously consider a Thursday event. I wouldn't want to wait around until Monday as I have a long drive home and wanted to scoot out on Sunday.
Brad
Superformance Coupe #49
Old 11-19-2006, 06:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA EXP002, 1968 PI 428 FE
Not Ranked     

Ron you can count on me for a Monday track day with ET. I did a Monday & Tuesday last year after the bash and it was a great time. Think the 06 Bash track day but with about 1/6th the number of cars and no rain . A thought for those looking at doing the track day Wednesday before the Bash. If you break your car at the track on Wedneday it could really ruin your whole weekend. Last year my car broke at the track on Monday afternoon but the Bash was over and I just loaded the car on the trailer and hauled it home.

Dick
Old 11-19-2006, 07:32 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Blue Car
Not Ranked     

Hi Dick,

I think you have the right idea here. Monday would be the best day for a session with ET and sounds like she's available for a minimum of 10-12 drivers. As you said, having an extra track day just before the Bash runs a risk of having a broken car at the Bash too. ET was typically teaching on Mondays and Tuesdays, as you know, so it would probably work well for her.

I agree, this could be a nice alternative / addition for folks who either want more track time or were not able to sign up for WSCB-Track Day. Track Day is selling out quickly and we are holding to our limit for reasons of quality control.

Please keep us posted as there may be quite a few folks who will want to attend the extra (Mon)day. Keep in mind there are still 6 months to go and we are almost sold out. Hell, I may even sign up.

Sounds great and talk soon, John
Old 11-19-2006, 07:46 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR
Not Ranked     

Extra track day on Monday...count me in. I posted it somewhere but it disappreared so I think I have it in the right thread....oops We'll be up there anyway and I would LOVE some more track time.

John, you have mail.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:51 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Current Status on remaining WSCB Track Day spots:
There are 51 registered for Track Day at this moment; Sunday 11/19/06 at 10pm. Just (9) spots left, and the we'll see what's in the maibox over the next two days before we'll have to pull the registration forms and coordinate by email on a case by case basis.

Additional Track Time:
If a group wants to get together for additional Track Time on their own, we understand and can appreciate that, BUT want to make you all aware of something. WSCB's Track Day is on Friday May 18th, with Pro Control instruction and saftey crew as arranged by the Reno Fernley Raceway owner with WSCB. Any other arrangements outside of the WSCB Track Day on Friday is at your individual discretion and not directly affiliated with WSCB, just so everyone is aware. I hope you can understand we are working on Thursday through Sunday now; and that's enough to deal with. If it were me, I would probably follow LamaLuv/Dick Sheehan's lead since he's done this before at RFR if you guys want to put something together on your own outside of WSCB.

For Consideration:
I would propose that anyone who is novice/intermediate and looking for "extra track time" there at RFR in a Cobra, you probably should have already successfully completed the Pro Control Driving Academy instruction AT Reno Fernley Raceway first on the previous Friday before running around that particular track with blind turns in a 90" wheelbase Cobra. Sorry to ramble, but we just want everyone to arrive to WSCB and depart WSCB safely. Okay!
Old 11-20-2006, 08:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Duane,

51 slots already taken!!!! Yikes, you are gonna have a lot of disappointed Bash attendees .... unless ...

Yes, it is important to remind all potential Extra Track Day attendees that this Extra Track Day is not associated with the WSCB. We will be on our own. Price? We will have to work with ET on this, but it WILL cost more than the discounted Bash Friday event.

After reading the reply from LamLuv/Dick Sheehan, I would have to agree that Monday would make a lot of sense. Attend the Friday WSCB Track Day(take it nice and easy, follow the lines, don't break the car), enjoy the WSCB weekend drive and events, (Sunday: tweak your suspension, go to Summit for parts, buy a driving suit, buy a video camera/mount for the car, etc.) see the Sunday HMSA vintage races, and then practice again on Monday. Driver to instructor ratio sounds promising too.

Humm ... I remember Duane running around pretty fast last year in blind turns in a 90" wheelbase Cobra at his first track event ... ET will have to divide us into appropriate groups.

Thursday could be more convenient and one less day in Reno, but it's also one less day of driving the Cobra! Save your vacation time.

Since this is not a "Cobra" event but potentially an open track day, there may be other cars/drivers there too. I will have to check with ET. So, if you know anyone with a C5/C6 or Viper ... let's ROCK!

Anyone interested in potentially attending a Monday (or Thursday) Extra Track Event, send me an email and I'll start a list. Include your preference of Thursday or Monday. This is an expression of interest, not a commitment. Thanks. rongin1@yahoo.com
Shell Valley Daytona #27
Old 11-20-2006, 08:56 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Hey Ron,
I'm not sure if you caught this before or not, but E.T. formerly hosted TNL driving school at Fernley Raceway. Apparently something changed over the last year there at RFR. Pro Control is now the new/approved driving school there at RFR, not E.T/TNL, so we ended up going with them for those reasons. Note: We don't have the details yet on instructor/student ratios for Pro Control and just want to make sure that everyone understands E.T. TNL driving school is not instructing us at WSCB on Friday.

BTW: That was my first Track event as an organizer, but certainly not my first time on a Race Track in a Cobra; I'm no pro by any means but I have been racing cars, motorcycles, and Karts since I was six years of age (and regardless) l've witnessed how a Cobra can bite anyone and even the best of drivers. This is one of the extra reasons we are going with Pro Control Driving academy this year. Apparently they will keep us in line and respectful of the car and the track, and evaluating our skills a bit. I need a good professional driving lesson myself. We'll see how it turns out with Pro Control Driving Academy. I bet you all can take advantage of Friday and utilize the instruction even more on Monday! Sounds pretty cool.

Last edited by decooney; 11-20-2006 at 09:42 PM..
Old 11-24-2006, 07:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Duane,
I didn't even notice that ET/TNL was not the school for the Bash. I was just interested in registering for the track day! But you are correct, we should all think of driving skills and conrtol, vs. fast and fun ...

I'll check in with Pro Control and also ET for programs, pricing and availablity and then post the results for the potential attendees to comment.

As always, thanks for all of your hard work (and also the other volunteers of the Bash).
Shell Valley Daytona #27
Old 11-24-2006, 10:30 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Ron,

I will be talking to Jeremy soon and will run the Monday class by him. I want to support the extra track Mon(day) because the Bash Track Day spots are about gone. We still have about 5.5 months of exposure and a sold out Track Day. I believe there will be a need for the extra day. Extra Track (Mon)day would not be part of or connected to the WSCB at this time but it would be mostly Bash folks wanting the extra day. This also suggests future possibilities for Track Day folks. Time will tell.

In thinking about this, please let Duane and I keep our finger in this idea and discuss the potentials here.

Thank you, John

Ps, Duane & Ron you have mail
Old 11-26-2006, 10:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 1474: 482 CI stroked tunnel port 427 with dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Hi Duane,

I was able to print the attendee form, but unable to pick up the track day reg. Does this mean you pulled the plug and have your 60 spots already?

thanks,
Gene

Ron,

Thanks for working on the "extra" track day option.....looks like this is a popular event with limited space.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:49 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Try again and see

Hi Gene,
Try downloading the Track Day registration form again. Before you sent this reply, I had saved the Track Day registration form using MS Office 2003, and forgot to save it as an older Word version (97-2003) format and in Rich Text Format like I did for the attendee reg; so was not accessible by some who use older versions of Word. I'll check with the treasurer this week to see how many more came in, but its possible you are okay. Myself and John are thinking about giving up our own spots and just helping attendees this year; not sure yet - that's two more! Let me know if the reg form does or does not work for you now. I hope it does. You can email me again at wscb@comcast.net if needed. DC

__________________________________________________ __________

As for the extra Track Day mentioned, John M. / Track Day Coordinator (TDC) and I talked more over several days about this topic and we are going to see what the Track owner can offer you guys as an extension to the Bash. The only reason we are not all over it up front is there's shutdown and cleanup to do to close up for the Bash on late Sunday/Monday morning and it will have been a long week for us on the crew since a few of us get there on the previous Wednesday to start setting up; so Wed-Sunday is already long enough for us; but it does not prevent us from looking into other ideas and options since a small group of you are pretty gun-ho about an extra Monday Track Day - John is looking into it now for you guys.

Last edited by decooney; 11-26-2006 at 10:52 PM..
Old 11-26-2006, 11:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Duane,

IT WORKED!!! Thanks for the quick reply. I'll send in the forms and hope for the best.

thanks,
Gene
Old 11-27-2006, 09:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Duane,

Reg and checks for both events dropped in the mail today. Thanks again for your help. Let me know how it looks for me on track day space once you hear something.

P.S. - If I get in, can you and John put me down for car number 70 on the wish list? It doesn't look like it's been taken yet and I already have these decals.

thanks,
Gene
Old 11-27-2006, 10:08 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Gene,

Send me a pm with your email address and desired car number. This way I can keep track.

Thanks, John
Old 11-27-2006, 11:16 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Looking Good!

Registration Update:
I received a call about Linda the Treasurer today, she had to go out of state for a family emergency last Tuesday. So Hubby Stroker Bob went to the P.O. box and said there were 8 more in there; I'll know in two days but I believe everyone to date is clear once all deposits are made this week (yes, we know). John and I are looking into a few other options at the same time for Track Day ideas. As for the attendee list emails, it takes me quite a while to get everything logged into the attendee database, so I'll post the attendee listing sometime after January 2nd so you all can see that we are well on our way!
Old 12-20-2006, 07:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Brock Coupe w/ Roush 402RC
Not Ranked     

Any more word on an "extra" track day (not affiliated with WSCB, but conveniently scheduled to dovetail into it)?
Brad
Superformance Coupe #49
Old 12-20-2006, 07:44 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Brad,
The current status is we have eight people on the waiting list as overflow for Friday. We are waiting for the driver school to see if they can accommodate any more drivers on Friday and pending their response on Monday. JM is talking with the school today, so I'll ask him to respond here. Thank, Duane
Old 12-20-2006, 01:10 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Brad and Attendees,

I am still working out the details here. I spoke with Pro Control this morning and should be hearing from Jeremy soon for confirmation that we are all on the same page. There are some other dynamics developing that I first need to discuss with Duane and Jeremy pertaining to a possible extra track day and Pro Control's availability.

We want to be able to accommodate everyone wishing to participate in Track Day. With still 5 months to go, 60 spots sold out, and 10 people on the waiting list, planning and making an extra day available does seem feasible.

The realities of planning Track Day are really a moving target so please bear with me during this process.

Thanks and talk soon, John
Old 01-08-2007, 10:52 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF GT40P-2265/393W, KMP318 (PROJECT!!!!!)/CSX478
Not Ranked     

Hi Gang,

I'd certainly be interested in a track day (or two), but will not be able to attend any festivities prior to the weekend. Would I need to regester for the entire event to have access to a possible Monday track day? I only live 1.5-2.0 hours from Reno, and may just try to drive up on the day of the event. If I did register, and could not show up before Saturday, how would that work?

Thanks, and feel free to PM me, if you'd like.

"Dishwasher? I thought that was for cleaning parts!?"