Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-20-2007, 06:42 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR
Not Ranked     
Default WSCB 07....just awesome!!!!!

My ears are ringing!!!! we just got home, the Bash was GREAT!!!!! It keeps getting better better better....Holy smokes, can we have them twice a year Duane???????

Track time track time track time track time........and I have to wait TWO weeks????

Ok, no more caffeine....... Kristen, you missed one helluva time.

Last edited by cindrrrr; 05-28-2007 at 11:18 AM..
Old 05-20-2007, 07:25 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

oh Cindy.......

can you post some pics???
please???

(ps. you should have a note coming your way in a few days)
Old 05-20-2007, 08:52 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Kristen
I just put 4 pics in my Gallery, refresh my memories on how to post them on the forum, would you?? That spec car is the most fun car I have been in ever. I cant even say the words to describe just how darn much fun I had.

My rear is sore so much driving/sit time, my ears are still ringing, I am sunburnt, my eyes have sand in them (they must...) hot damn was it a FUNNNN weekend. You have to come out here next year. HAVE to!!!!!

There will be some terrific pictures posted, Sara took tons and tons. I expect a huge amount of pics posted, I took most with my old dinoaur film camera because they come out better.....Charlie took these ones with this camera.
Time to crawl upstaris to sleep. Well, might just get as far as the couch.
damn was it fun.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:10 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

thanks for putting the pics in the gallery.
we must be sisters; i swear I'll be buying the last roll of film ever made for my nondigital Canon!!! Hard to let go of film mentality. (I do use a small digital for Cobra events).

I took the liberty of posting your pics for you.

track time-

Cindy in spec car-

spec cars-

John and Sara-

wow I'd LOVE to do a spec racer!!!
How did that work?? You trailered your cobra up there, but how did you get in a spec racer?? They have them there to 'borrow' or did you borrow somebody's personal car?
How would I get into somebody's car??
I can't imagine asking someone to borrow their car; is it with the Spec racer (Challenge Series) club??
Lots of questions!!
And, based on the other thread, I probably wouldn't even be able to register if they open it to returnees first. last come, last served!
(maybe if i bring chocolate chip cookies or brownies or something!)
kristen

Last edited by hey,littlecobra; 05-21-2007 at 06:19 AM..
Old 05-21-2007, 10:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA EXP002, 1968 PI 428 FE
Not Ranked     

I just posted my WSCB 2007 pics to my photo gallery and here are a few teasers.

Dick

Old 05-21-2007, 11:46 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey,littlecobra
thanks for putting the pics in the gallery.
we must be sisters; i swear I'll be buying the last roll of film ever made for my nondigital Canon!!! Hard to let go of film mentality. (I do use a small digital for Cobra events).

I took the liberty of posting your pics for you.

track time-

Cindy in spec car-

spec cars-

John and Sara-

How did that work?? You trailered your cobra up there, but how did you get in a spec racer?? They have them there to 'borrow' or did you borrow somebody's personal car?
I can't imagine asking someone to borrow their car; is it with the Spec racer (Challenge Series) club??
Lots of questions!!
And, based on the other thread, I probably wouldn't even be able to register if they open it to returnees first. last come, last served!
kristen
Kristen....
that spec car is half mine!! we bought it and are running it now. OMG....fun fun fun fun. I doubt I'll be taking my other one on track much any more as this one is so much fun on the track!! Yes, its a Challenge series one, there is a lot of history on this one we got.
Check your mail.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:10 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

hey, Cindy. your pm box is full! tried to reply.
I 'saved' it and will pm it to you later, when you delete a couple.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:18 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Kristen!
The message area is emptied now.
Charlie (my son) trailered the spec up, I drove my car. Long hot loud and fun drive. I got one of the girls to be my copilot for part of the way home, but they both flaked on me after a bit for AC and stereo in the truck, being teenagers......

As far as you coming out next year, I cannot imagine it wouldnt work out. Bring cookies, chocolate of course, but this is what its all about.

I got a couple more red 198 stickers for you if you need them, they had a bunch up there.
cheers!
Old 05-21-2007, 12:31 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Blue Car
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey,littlecobra
Lots of questions!!
kristen
Hey Kristen,

Real quick, Cindy & I are co-owners of last year’s championship car seen here. Cindy ran the entire day and did very well in the car. I run the Track Day event for Duane, so I was pretty busy, but did managed to crew for her and watch her runs. We pitted with Karen & Andy who race in the SoCal & NorCal FFR Challenge series. Karen is one hell of a driver and currently a close 2nd in the points. I'm sure Cindy will tell you all about these fabulous Challenge Series cars. We wanted to have a small sub-theme at the Bash this year recognizing "women & racing" but we didn't quite pull it off due to time constraints. We would love to somehow have you on-board, for sure. Cindy can fill you in!

Talk soon, John Marsey

Old 05-21-2007, 02:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX 4766 (Vegas Built) with 482 Aluminum Pond motor
Not Ranked     

What does a spec racer cost these days? I can see how easy it would be to get hooked into it. Like the partner idea to cut the cost of operation.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:38 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Morgan
they are in the range of 23-29K??
Old 05-21-2007, 03:23 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Morgan,

Yeah, that's the range with the lower price being the target. I truly believe you can build one cheaper if you do all the work yourself, have the right parts & fab contacts, and discipline yourself. We will probably go this route in the future. I never thought twice about these cars until I recently first saw them in action, actually coming balls-out down the straightaway at T-hill in the rain 3-wide. They handle surprisingly well and quick in the corners. Now, it's all I think about!!!!

We'll be at T-hill June 2-3 if you'd like to come up. There won't be an FFR spec race but there will be a 3-hr enduro with a few spec racer entrees. We'll also be at Sears on June 30 - July 1 which will be a FFR Challenge Series race both Sat & Sun. It would be great to have you there.

Thanks again for all your help Thursday & Friday. Somehow I wound up single handed and you really stepped up to the plate. Your help was huge and very much appreciated. I'm looking forward to having you on the team and planning a kick-ass 2008 WSCB-Track Day!

Thanks again and talk soon,

John
Old 05-22-2007, 12:54 AM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Spec Series Challenge 302cid
Not Ranked     

Morgan......John's got the numbers right.....Get a kit and start building, or visit the Cars For Sale section, as there are a couple of very nice spec cars to be had right away....We'll be loving having you join the series!

Please plan to join us at Buttonwillow June 9-10 if you like, as the whole group will be there. Should be at least 14. You'll meet some of the hard core enduro guys that we'll be working with to run the 25 Hours at the June 2-3 event, and you'll meet these FFR Challenge Series guys (and their families) and see for yourself how friendly and supportive everyone is....Well, that is at least until you get within a second or two...Then, you're on your own '>)Our race group is mixed with CMC, AI, and AIX for the race, so it looks like a 40+ car field for the green flag. Yee Haw...Lots of fun!
Old 05-26-2007, 03:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Heritage body, built the rest..460 Toploader..9"
Not Ranked     

Gotta love that 25 hour enduro...really seperates the men from the boys. NASA lets the Legends run with their group, so I've run all but last years. They are a great group of people.....I'd love to do it this year again......December is a long way away......

jp
Old 05-26-2007, 07:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, #930, 351W/427CID 419 RWHP (before the Webers!)
Not Ranked     

John Marsey:

Thanks for the effort you put into Track Day '07. It made for a super day for all of those who participated. I'm not sure how you could improve on it for '08 unless you can made the track a little stickier on the turns

Lisa had such a good time watching me slid around the track that every time we get in the Tahoe now to drive down the mountain she is talking about apexes and now "she" wants to take the Cobra for a drive. I may be "watching" Track Day '08 from the sidelines!!

Thanks for coming up with that sticker.
Terry Brown SPF #930 427W 419 RWHP 48 IDA Webers

"Remember, your car will not be more valuable after Track Day than it is the day before the event" - Eric W. instructional presentation on Track Day safety, 05/15/2008 WSCB
Old 05-28-2007, 08:45 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Terry,

Glad you and Lisa had a good time and Lisa sounds like a perfect candidate for next year's Track Day. This time, behind the wheel. Let me know if she's interested and tell her she won't be the only woman out there. You could be in different run groups and share the car.

Take care and talk soon, John