14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-20-2007, 10:49 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     
Default Thanks to WSCB 2007 Attendees, Vendors, & Guests

Hi All! -

Hopefully everyone is making it home safely and recovering from the last week of WSCB. It was great to see all of the very familiar faces and cars once again for a third time, and a few new faces and cars as well.

While everything was going on Wednesday evening through Sunday morning, a lot of observation and feedback was being processed by us on the crew wondering how it would all turn out, and thoughts about what many of you were thinking of '07. For me, year three was the most critical knowing it would be very difficult to match or even top the second year. What's amazing, and for those of you who may not be aware yet, there were 24 no-shows for various reasons and yet it still seemed to be a full house and the Corral was full on the top level. Factoid: Many of the same people from year one and two, were back for year three, and most of those year 1-3 returning attendees were registered six months in advance. Most of the no-shows were people who registered during the last few weeks before we closed registration.

The responses to questions/polls taken at the Friday night social gathering were interesting, helpful, and also difficult to read in some cases after me throwing in some other options to help enourage and gauge feedback. To recap, once the social gathering was over there was a lot of very constructive and direct feedback from so many of you that evening and the next morning. Your feedback helped to settle several questions in my own mind, and for others on the crew. In fact, the feedback was so strong and reassuring by a majority (80%) with an "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" repeated suggestion. Many comments were exactly the same, such as:

Most common comments -
1. Don't change the central U.S. city location.
2. Keep the same basic theme and approach, and fine tune it now.
3. Continue with 200 car limit - i.e. "More is not necessarily better"
4. Add alternate options on Friday/Saturday for those not doing track day.
5. Implement a WSCB club membership format, honoring year 1-2-3 returning attendees first, and year 2,3 attendees second, and so on as TBD.

All the helpful and constructive feedback from so many of you during and after the Bash was great. Your inspiration and continued recognition and support is what keeps us going on the crew. Again, thanks so much for making it to '07, for actively particpating, and for making this an unparalled gathering of great people and cool cars. Believe it or not, plans are already in progress for '08; we'll keep you posted through the '07 participant email list and here on ClubCobra as more develops.

Wooohooo, '07 was a blast! I think it went a bit better than expected, overall. Yes, it was a lot of work for the crew, with a few awkward moments here and there...hahahaha, but very rewarding to see many of you having fun and hearing all of your helpful and encouraging feedback. Thanks Again. DC

Last edited by decooney; 05-20-2007 at 11:01 PM..
Old 05-20-2007, 11:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, Ford 392
Not Ranked     

Duane and staff,
Thanks so much! We all know how much work it is to put such an event together. Even with a few little hick-ups the weekend was the best yet of all the past three years. We had a blast!
Thanks again.
Uwe and Karin
Old 05-21-2007, 12:08 AM
Administrator
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP286, Shelby 482, Webers, 593HP
Send a message via Yahoo to Brent Mills
Not Ranked     

Good work once again Duane! Sherrie and I had a very good time with you and the gang. Thanks a bunch!
Old 05-21-2007, 07:14 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 SC #004 (Original ERA?)
Not Ranked     

Duane,

Thank you for all of the effort you put into making the bash the success that it was. The track day was a perfect introduction to the Cobra at speed; I know all of the participants benefited from the experience. You have performed a significant service to the hobby. It was also a treat to put faces with the names!

Thanks again Pete C
Old 05-21-2007, 07:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 with 331 KC
Not Ranked     

Duane -

Thanks for doing this - I cannot imagine how much work must have gone into making this the success it was.

Where does one sign up for 08?

Pat
Old 05-21-2007, 08:10 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     

I am already making plans for being there in 2008! Can't wait

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 05-21-2007, 08:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA EXP002, 1968 PI 428 FE
Not Ranked     

Duane and crew, another superb job. Having been to all three, I think that this was the best yet. Those who had to cancel missed a great time.

My wife has always said that these cars were "chick magnets"

This one you will have to ask Jamo about

Dick

Last edited by lamaluv; 05-21-2007 at 08:47 AM..
Old 05-21-2007, 08:25 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique #9159 428 FE 614HP by FE Specialties
Not Ranked     

Duane,

Another GREAT time...Didn't think last year could be out done....BUT>>>you guys did it!!! Track day was more organized and seemed to run smoother...and you arranged for BETTER WEATHER!!! I don't know how you did that...you must have friends. Thank you for all the hard work it is very appreciated, as it gives us all a great place to gather and meet each year...the venue couldn't be better.

Tom
Old 05-21-2007, 09:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX 4766 (Vegas Built) with 482 Aluminum Pond motor
Not Ranked     

Duane,

The whole crew did an awesome job. It was great seeing friends who I dont have the chance to see often. The open track day was a blast and the weather could not have been much better. Sign me up for helping out next year. Most people dont see all the work that you and the crew had to do to get this pulled together. The pull overs and everything else that you gave out made it all so much better. Wil post picture tonight from the event.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:38 AM
Regularly Offensive
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: spf
Not Ranked     

Duane,
I think you did a Mauvelous job. Your entire crew was well organized and happy to please. Everything ran smoothly. Its great to see a bunch of cobra people get together and be one large family. Once again great job..........

Too close for missles, switching to guns.........
Old 05-21-2007, 10:18 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

All,
Let me say again, a BIG THANKS to ALL of YOU. Seriously, you are the ones that make it happen by paying your registration early and for showing up, and enjoying it. I'll pass along the comments to Bob/Linda for setup and registration and to John Marsey and the whole Track Team as well. My only regret is I was running around like a dingbat again this year (yes, like last year too) and had little time to spend with all of you. This will be fixed next year. I've already assigned function managers now for the '08 Drive, the '08 Car show, and there are more to come for other functions like organizing the evening gatherings even more. I went a bit casual this year to try it. This approach will allow me to help see the forrest and spend a bit less time down at the trunk of each tree. I want to spend more time with all of you there next year. It was truly great seeing all of you for a few seconds here and there though, and just knowing all of you showed up and had a great time makes it all worth it for me. Those pictures from Dick Sheehan (and his wife) above are just PERFECT! Oh my gosh, I love those pics. Hiliarious seeing you guys there together.

Uwe & Karin,
Thanks again for being such great attendees and supporters of this gathering. Plan on some local drives this summer too. Maybe you guys can join us at Portland Historics in July for a dinner out or something too.

Brent & Sheri,
Thanks for making it even without the Cobra. Next year, if you want to borrow my trailer somehow to get it there, you can. As long as its there for emergencies at the Bash, its yours to use to get your car there and home. Now getting the trailer back to my place might be anohter challenge. Oh well, dumb idea I guess but still thinking of you and your Cobra.

Pete,
Absolutely, and you were at the core of something new and great. Everyone is raving about the great job all of you guys did at Track Day. I have to individually thank ALL of you guys again. Additionally, it has been great to hear that all of you had a great time too and so many comments from the track team saying they want to do this again next year. Awesome. I owe you guys dinner out in the Cobras soon.

Pat,
Thanks for being there and joining in on the fun again. Yeah, it has been more than a few can handle; I'm toast right now, took the day off, and enjoying all the great emails and pictures. As for your questino, as soon as I can figure out a more streamlined way for registration, and can hopefully negotiate the same spots/locations again, we'll be opening up registration. Thanks for bringing that up, I'm excited that you guys are asking about '08 already. Much appreciated... helps us keep it going.

Rick,
I hope you can make it in '08. What a pleasure it would be to just attend and relax at your event. Maybe we can put our heads together next year to help make WSCB and LCS as much improved for each reagion as possible by learning from each others successes and mistakes. Idea sharing is good! Thanks again Rick for all of your continued support.

Tom,
Hey thanks! It was great seeing you and how it all worked out for you and the car. Awesome. Thanks for helping get the word out at the car show about Orozko too. See you later...

Morgan,
Thanks again for your participation and support with John on Tech and Track preparation. He has just been raving about how focused and supportive you were to him. It's a big deal to me knowing it was a BIG deal to him. Thanks a million Morgan. Yes, John has selected you for his trio subteam next year to provide overall organization and oversite. I just have to keep my fingers crossed the track owner will give us the same deal next year. John will keep you posted. THANKS!

Ed,

Thanks for being such a great supporter and for your constant communications to others about WSCB and what this is truly about. It's guys like you who make it focused and real with your enthusiasm and support of others, like your support of Ken Pike too. You got Ken there, he came, met more people, and more paint jobs and on and on. You are right, this is starting to become like a big family. People have said that before, but I never really came to the point of actually seeing it until just now. This is very cool.

And,
I'll just say thanks again to anyone else who replies here. If we can just manage to do as well as we did this year for next year, I will be happy, and hopefully we can.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH EVERYONE, and to our team. Bob (VP), Linda (Treasurer), John (Track Day Director), the whole Track Team (RCSC), and everyone who contributed. We really do appreciate all of your comments and feedback. Bob and Linda are moving from Idaho to California, and they enjoyed it so much too, they will be back for '08 - Thank goodness, I could NOT do this without them.

TO THOSE WHO MADE IT A SUCCESS!

WSCB '07 -
Thank You Bob.
Thank You Linda.

Track Day -
Thank You John.
Thank You Gary C.
Thank You Gary B.
Thank You Dave & Dave A.
Thank You Pete.
Thank You Gordon.
Thank You Glenn.
Thank You Brian.
Thank You Don.

AWESOME JOB!

Last edited by decooney; 05-21-2007 at 10:28 AM..
Old 05-21-2007, 10:37 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by decooney
Rick,
I hope you can make it in '08. What a pleasure it would be to just attend and relax at your event. Maybe we can put our heads together next year to help make WSCB and LCS as much improved for each reagion as possible by learning from each others successes and mistakes. Idea sharing is good! Thanks again Rick for all of your continued support.
Myself and a few others are talking about flying in... I just hope it happens! Mainly a number of Gasholes... that is if you can take more of them Just coming to have fun

Absolutely we will chatting! I need to pick your brain on a few things. I am more in semi retirement at the moment so I will get to enjoy LCS more this year. Are you having web registration issues? Have you seen ours? If you need help, let me know and I can hook you up with our web guru... perhaps he can help. I like the WSCB store on the web... need to do some shopping!

Enjoy some down time... you folks certainly need/deserve it!

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com

Last edited by rdorman; 05-21-2007 at 10:41 AM..
Old 05-21-2007, 11:07 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 Unique Roadster, FE by FE Specialties, 470hp, Top Loader, 3:31 Jag
Not Ranked     

Duane - many thanks to you and your awesome crew! We had a BLAST at the BASH Picked this out of the North Tahoe Bonanza News yesterday during lunch in Incline Village on our way home .....

CA SPCN 2004-040 complete and legal

http://www.uniquecobra.com/
Old 05-21-2007, 11:39 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR
Not Ranked     
Default Wscb'08

Duane...this one amazingling topped last years.

When do we sign up for next year??? What a great 5 days of driving, photo ops, exhaustion, sun, laughing. You werent a dingbat, you were taking care of business. Great job, and we had a helluva time.

LOVE the black wind shirts, you did good there too. We're looking forward to next year without a doubt.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2540
Not Ranked     

Duane, we were first-time attendees and we just wanted to share with you that we had so much fun. We haven't stopped talking about how cool the whole thing was since we got home. Thanks for all the hard work and committment you put into this.
Kurt & Karen
Old 05-21-2007, 07:13 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: R.U.C.C. with a 427FE, toploader
Not Ranked     
Default Great job!

Duane, Thank you and everyone involved in making WSCB so much FUN! I just hope the people that did the burnouts did not get you in hot water with The Nugget
Old 05-21-2007, 09:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 1474: 482 CI stroked tunnel port 427 with dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Duane,

Fantastic job with this year's event. I'm glad I got a chance to meet you and some of your staff during your hectic schedules. I hope you get your wish to relax more at the next Cobra Bash. Nice people, fun cars and rain free weather made for a great time.

If we don't get a return nod with the Nugget for '08...please locate a parking garage that has at least ten levels so we can enjoy our sidepipe exhaust sounds even longer. Music to any Cobra owner's ears.

Thanks for all of your hard work and dedication!

Gene Giambona
Old 05-21-2007, 09:51 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mike, Gene,

Thanks. After getting some sleep, it's great to start reflecting now. Comments are appreciated and it was great seeing you guys too. Gene, your insight into the the multi-level garage is definitely part of the orginal equation of WSCB. It's a nice break for me when driving my own Cobra up/down back and forth when I'm there.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotic (B&
Not Ranked     

i'm a first timer.
great event. track day was excellent. loved the up & down portions, they were very instructive as to how properly to handle the corners. keep course short.

the meeting could have been more interesting. maybe have vendors give little speal about their products, kit car mgf. presentations, talks by current spk car contestants, etc.

already looking forward to 08.

james boscole
oregon
cascade cobras