1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 02-22-2008, 06:27 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     
Default WSCB 2008 Caravan Communications

WSCB 2008 Caravan Communications

If you are headed to the Western States Cobra Bash in Sparks Nevada May 15-18th in 2008, and looking to possibly meet up or caravan with others from your region or City, feel free to post your information here. Many people met up this way the first three years. These groups produce great group photos along the way, and have fun getting there. Meet up, pick stops along the way, take your time and savor the ride in together.

Note: Please post here only for communicating caravanning arrangements with others. Thank You.

Example Information to post:

-Note Wednesday or Thursday or Friday departures
-Your Name / Handle?
-Departing State, City, or Region of your state?
-Departure location, date/day, time of day?
-Driving or Trailering your car?
-Description of your car for others to recognize you / car?
-Group Meetups - Cities / Areas / Date, Time, Location, etc?

ENJOY THE DRIVE.

Last edited by decooney; 02-22-2008 at 06:47 PM..
Old 03-16-2008, 05:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

If anyone is heading up from the Central Coast area, I am planning on leaving Monterey on Thursday Morning. I am towing the car , but am going alone, so it would be nice to carvan with somebody. Contact me at mikeykap@comcast.net
Old 03-16-2008, 05:29 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #185, Shelby Alloy 482; sold
Not Ranked     
Default Leaving from the South Bay

I'm driving up Thursday morning, leaving around 10am from Saratoga. Last year a large group met in a Pleasant Hill shopping center. The group then left at 11am. That worked great for me.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham KMP500 LeMans- Roush 451 Shelby block; KMP Flip-top with cammer: KMP 289 Bronze under construction.
Not Ranked     

We are driving up from Ventura County (Camarillo) Ca. I hope we can find others to join us. Thanks, Darren
Old 03-16-2008, 09:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF Brock Coupe #88, Keith Craft 427w
Not Ranked     

Driving up from Orange County/Long Beach area Thursday AM in the SPF Coupe. Would like to caravan up with others. Just let me know...

Doug, SPC088
Old 03-28-2008, 09:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Cobra w/ Centrifugally Blown Big Block, Pickles, Onions, on a Sesame Seed Bun.
Not Ranked     
Default I'm in.

I'll be towing an enclosed from the S. San Jose area, exact time TBD.

Yeah, chicken to drive all that way with a new build that is still being sorted out...sproing factor too high.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:25 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     
Default Bring on the Road Warriors!

WSCB FACTOID:

Every year we have at least 3-to-4 cars of the 200 that attend that are litterally getting finished or drivetrain getting completely put back together in the wee hours of the night before and early morning traveling to WSCB. Of those 3-4 four cars, some have "winged it", turned the key, and driven over a thousand miles. On the flipside, there are some "Road Warriors" too but kind of a dying breed now that trailering is up 45% this year again.

I dont want to throw this thread off track, but it's great to hear from those who are truly driving to WSCB in 2008 and where they are coming from so others can see.

Bring on the Caravan Communications folks and share with others. One of the best parts of the whole weekend is just getting there!

Last edited by decooney; 03-28-2008 at 10:27 AM..
Old 03-28-2008, 10:43 AM
California Dreamin Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via ICQ to vanoochka Send a message via Yahoo to vanoochka Send a message via Skype™ to vanoochka
Not Ranked     

Driving in the caravan from San Jose, CA. That's about 250 miles.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Cobra w/ Centrifugally Blown Big Block, Pickles, Onions, on a Sesame Seed Bun.
Not Ranked     
Default "The" san jose caravan?

You mentioned you're driving in "the" San Jose caravan. Where is the information about that one? I'd be interested and willing to join.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4771-CF. 1966 427 S/O
Not Ranked     

I have never been too excited about the Caravans I prefer the FordVans

Sorry I'll go back to work now.

Mike
Old 03-28-2008, 01:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1436 514
Not Ranked     

Byronerace,

Danette and I drive up every year. Last year we put around 1000 miles on the car. We took the long way up, had to take a long detour back form the race track so we could look at the goats in everyones back yards, then came the LONG way home across Hwy 70. What a great drive.

We meet in Walnut Creek around 10:00am. We can meet over at the Starbucks at Calaveras and 237 again this year. Last year I think we meet around 8:30 or 9:00am over there. Some got there earlier and had breakfast at the Flames which is next door. From there we head up to Walnut Creek to meet up with the others.

If anyone has interest coming from San Jose area, we can meet up at one of the other Starbucks ( or if Rich is coming Petes). There is one on Blossom Hill and Santa Teresa, Kooser, Bernal, 85 and Bascom ave. I am open to any since I am about in the middle of all of them.
Scott
Old 03-28-2008, 01:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Ok

Sounds good to me. You're making me want to drive instead of tow though. It would be fun to be part of a group of people heading that way.

What do you do about tires when you drive it? Run what you brung and just keep an eye on them? Not a lot of room in a Cobra for an extra set of race tires.
Old 03-28-2008, 04:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1436 514
Not Ranked     

I run with my Michelin's. They work great on the track.
Scott
Old 03-28-2008, 05:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Bennett Cobra
Not Ranked     
Talking From Modesto

Guys, I will be heading out on Thursday the 15th around 9:00 A.M. with the enclosed trailer and six people. I can meet up in Sacramento around 10:30 if anyone needs help or hauling assistance let me know!
Jeff
Old 03-28-2008, 07:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 4596
Not Ranked     

I plan on leaving Friday morning, so if there's any Friday go'ers, could meet up somewhere in Folsom or even Auburn.

Danny
Old 03-28-2008, 11:14 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Gates Don't Open Until 3pm

Hey You Guys - Reminder:

WSCB does not officially open until 3pm on Thursday.

See schedule on website if you have any questions. Take your time getting up there on Thursday, as we can't open until setup is completed, and each year they've not been letting us in there for setup as early has planned. This has caused people to have to wait until right at 3pm, then we open the gates. Since parking setup is reserved for vendors first and people go in/out of the Corral all weekend with their cars (as needed), there is no added benefit to getting their extra early. If you do, you'll be waiting in line for the gates to open. Just wanted to make sure everone is aware on the drill. Thursday is casual anyhow but as along as you get there in the afternoon at 3pm (3-4pm is best), you'll be fine. Thanks.

EDITED

Last edited by decooney; 03-29-2008 at 09:08 AM..
Old 03-29-2008, 08:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default After 3pm

I think you mean as long as we arrive Thursday after 3pm we're fine. I was with you right up until the last sentence. If anyone needs me to haul tires or gear from San Jose, I will have some room for such things.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:18 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR
Not Ranked     
Default Central Valley Caravan on Thursday

Venom14,
we're leaving the mountains and coming your way on Thursday also, can meet up there in Modesto if you want to. I am trailering mine, but like I did last year, and year before, brought the trailer up empty, and drove the car because I just couldnt resist driving. Trailerd home when the weather and low energy kicked in.

So if your driving, be happy to drive up with you and send the pit crew with truck and trailer that can haul tires and just about anything you might need to throw in a big enclosed trailer.

Let me know.

I want to leave early also.
cindy
Old 03-29-2008, 07:24 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR
Not Ranked     

Venom14
hi, re-read your post....we'll both be trailering looks like.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Bennett Cobra
Not Ranked     
Default Modesto caravan

Cindrrr,
Thanks for the offer! Due to a lower back condition I can only drive the Cobra for short distances. It will be tied down in the trailer for the ride.

I would do the same (caravan with trailer) as you if I could drive it for the distance. Years ago, I lost an oil pump drive while open tracking at Laguna Seca and had to have a friend drive me all the way home to bring my trailer back to the track, not a fun day!

Jeff

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: