1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 07-09-2008, 10:51 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     
Default CH1: Cobras On Highway1 - 2008

CH1: Cobras On Highway1 - 2008

..a spinoff from the Western States Cobra Group and get-together listing.

What:
3-day get-together and stayover, two day drives, evening patio socials

When:
September 25,26,27 in 2008 (Thur-Sat, depart Sunday)

Who:
Owners of Cobras, Daytona Coupes, GT40s mainly consisting of former WSCB attendees and friends and members of ClubCobra.com, GT40s.com, FFCobra.com

Where:
Seascape Resort, on the ocean in Monterey bay penninsula, in Aptos, CA.
Incredible remote resort location, private beach, nice and relaxing.

How:
If you are a former attendee of WSCB and/or member of Clubcobra and were missed on the invite list, and you are in need of more information, send an email to CobrasOnHighway1@comcast.net for an invitation. I'll send you the required fax-in room reservation for the hotel if you need a room in the block. Very limited. Just a few left.

CH1 Event Reservations / Sign up:
None, NO CHARGE - 0$, FREE, no signup.

Hotel Reservations & Status
The room block was extended a little more, and there are exactly 8 rooms left in the (40% off) discounted hotel block. Fax-in form with group code required to reserve a room with CH1. Last update on rooms as of 07/09/08

Parking for Cobras/Daytonas/GT40s:
Dediated garage parking reserved for the CH1 attendees in the room block.

Trailer/Truck parking:
An area lot has been reserved and there is a 3-day permit fee to park there during CH1. Send an email to reserve a trailer lot space after you reserve your room at the hotel. Permit/Lot sticker for trailers will be issued.

Attendee Website:
There is a Western States Cobra Group website and listing for CH1. Upon inquiry and completion of hotel reservations, we'll send you an invite to the private event website for CH1 which includes a message board for members.

Event Details:
This is a 1st year prototype get-together primarily consisting of about 35 or more (2-4 year) charter members (many couples) from WSCB in a similar 3-day stayover format, with a few drives going North and South on Route 1 on Friday and Saturday days, with lunch stops on they way, followed by simple group dinners and evening socializing. Very basic, no big productions! Maybe a bondfire and smores on the private beach Saturday night. Just hanging out and having some fun. No stress, no complications, just a vacation in the Cobras to try it out and see how it goes this first year.

Guests:
A few folks who live nearby or who have friends nearby are driving down for the day to join in on the drives on Friday and Saturday. C'mon down.

Specialty VENDORS:
YES: as indicated at close of WSCB, you are welcome too. No charge. Bring your latest cars and models drive them with us. The display will be the cars on the road and at the stops. Consider it a rolling road show. Meet your customers there, or on the road along the way. Anything goes.

Rules & Recommendations:
No rules, be safe, have fun - that's it.

Expectations:
None.

Drive Schedules:
It will be posted on the Western States Cobra Group website, and you can check it out there once you join.

Requests / Invitations:
If you do plan to attend, please be sure to send an email to inquire to join the website to RSVP online, and once joined adding your name/information and photo of you and your car in your profile. This also allows you to see who else is coming and for them to remember you.
Note to Unknowns: If your name and handle and member history is not recognizable from any of the ClubCobra, GT40, or FFCobra websites, or formerly from WSCB, your website member registration application for Western States Cobra Group / CH1 will NOT be accepted.

Please forward to those who may have been accidentally missed from the WSCB or ClubCobra list, as many notifications came back unknown/returned. CH1 2008 prototype, here we come!

Thanks, DC.

Last edited by decooney; 07-09-2008 at 10:56 PM..
Old 07-13-2008, 08:42 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Heads-Up Update: 07/13/08

Here is an important notification if you are planning to attend CH1 and want to stay overnight with the group at the same location.

I talked to several people this weekend in NorCal and at Euro Sunday who are fence-sitting on the last few rooms left.

Another group of people outside of the charter group reserved rooms over the weekend.

Some of the charter members are starting to ask that we close room registration now to help keep it small.

The few remaining rooms and parking spaces for our room block are going fast now the word is out.

DEADLINE is forthcoming.

Resort is looking to set an August 1st DEADLINE now; regardless of any cancellations. Will find out this week.

Don't wait if you want to be there for sure.

There is nothing we can do after the last rooms in the block are filled or released back to the hotel.

FYI. DC

Last edited by decooney; 07-13-2008 at 08:50 PM..
Old 07-13-2008, 10:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF Brock Coupe #88, Keith Craft 427w
Not Ranked     

Duane,
Doing my "cruise time" to Montery for the historics - jonsin' for another track day. John? Paging John Marseh!!!

Doug
Old 07-13-2008, 10:55 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Doug,
Note: You are referring to a different plan, time, and event, and different thread. Will pass it along to JM. This is about CH1 in September 2008. Thanks, Duane
Old 07-13-2008, 11:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF Brock Coupe #88, Keith Craft 427w
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by decooney View Post
Hi Doug,
Note: You are referring to a different plan, time, and event, and different thread. Will pass it along to JM. This is about CH1 in September 2008. Thanks, Duane
Duane,
I know, just jonsin' fr a little track time. The CH1 event sounds great, just not enough vacation to do them all. Thanks for everything you did to make WSCB such a great event. I had been trying to go for three years and glad I finally made it this year. You did a fantastic job of pulling together an incredible event for all cobras.

Doug
Old 07-14-2008, 11:14 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Blue Car
Not Ranked     

Hey Doug,

You have mail.

John
Old 07-18-2008, 08:15 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Status update - 07/16/08

Minimum hotel room block is filled now. Just got the word. DC

Last edited by decooney; 07-18-2008 at 07:41 PM..
Old 07-18-2008, 07:40 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Posted on WSCG website today

CH1 Progress Update - 07/18/08

Plans for the Cobras On Highway 1 First-year-prototype group are a go for sure now!

Minimum resort/hotel room quota was filled today. Yay!

Most of the discounted deluxe hotel rooms are gone now.

Friday / Saturday drive lunch stops have been selected now.

More details will be shared on the WSCG website for CH1

DEADLINE to join the group and drive/stops is August 1st, 2008.

Note: We have the basic framework and logistics in place now. We'll play it by ear when we get there, and looking forward to getting together, doing some driving, and hanging out together once again.

Future Updates:
In order to see and receive details, and schedules, and to share planning discussion details with others, you must be a registered member of the Western States Cobra Group website and have RSVP'd indicating your attendance of Yes or No. If you have any questions, please feel free to send an email.

Thanks, Duane
CobrasOnHighway1@comcast.net
Old 07-20-2008, 07:52 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Making your LUNCH reservations for CH1 drives

To: Former WSCB attendees meeting up with the CH1 group on the drives on Friday/Saturday.

For those of you who are not signed up on the WSCG/CH1 website, BUT you are driving down for the day to meet up with us for CH1 on the drives and lunch stops (and I've heard of a few already) here are the published lunch stops and information for making reservations if you plan to join up with us on Friday or Saturday. Here is the note below sent to all current CH1 attendees, or in case you got missed earlier. Link to the CH1 website at the bottom of this page.

Message Sent to Attendees on CH1 Website Today:
__________________________________________________ ________________
Friday's lunch stop is at Baja Cantina in Carmel Valley and Saturday's lunch stop is at Durate's in Pescadero. The note below was sent to all website registered attendees today.

ACTION REQUIRED BY YOU: Please call and make your lunch reservations for the drive lunch stops. If you are going on the Drives with us at CH1, you need to make your own lunch reservations. Here are the stops, dates, and times at each stop based on logistics and site seeing stops along the way and after lunch. Thanks to all of you for helping out and taking care of yourselves on this. Mention The Group name of "CH1 / Cobras On Highway", your name, and how many in your part. Reserve by how may people you have in your own sub-group of (1-6). THANKS!

Make your reservations by phone as soon as you can, or now, and don't forget!

Lunch On Friday September 26th at 1:00 p.m.

Baja Cantina
7166 Carmel Valley Rd
Carmel, CA 93923

Tel. (831) 625-2252

http://www.bajacantin....

Lunch On Saturday September 27th at 11:00 a.m.

Duarte's ("Doo-warts") Tavern
Pescadaro, CA

Tel. (650) 879-0464

http://www.duartestav....

This message was sent by Duane Cooney (cobrasonhighway1@comcast.net) from Western States Cobra Group / Get-Togethers.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:19 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Countdown. One month to go.

30 DAYS until CH1 - Wooohooo!

Cool air, Cobras, Daytona Coupes, GT40s, and others - just around the corner. This little prototype is shaping up already. Can't wait to see you all there with the cars once again!

People are starting to make caravan plans together too from various SoCal and NorCal locations if you are trying to meet up with incoming groups. DC

Last edited by decooney; 08-25-2008 at 10:22 PM..
Old 09-02-2008, 10:31 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Hey Hey - Another chance for anyone who missed out on a room at CH1 and still wants to attend with us in just a few weeks!

There were a few last minute room cancelations at the Seascape Resort last week, and two rooms freed up. If you are a Clubcobra member, and want one of the rooms, please feel free to email cobrasonhighway1@comcast.net or reply here for more information.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:57 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Getting closer

From the original list of attendees with rooms, and a few that canceled for a few weeks, some are now coming down for a day or two. So, it appears we should be close or right on target for the original numbers in the prototype group for CH1 depending on what drive and stops you count.

Cobras, sun, ocean, coast, cool weather for the people and the cars... what else can we ask for!

Last edited by decooney; 09-16-2008 at 09:59 PM..
Old 09-16-2008, 10:29 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Duane,

I'm looking forward to the Friday drive down to Big Sur and Carmel Valley! We have about 4 or 5 cars from the South Bay that will be joining the Friday drive.

I live near Hwy 1 in Santa Cruz, so I'll post some updates regarding the weather as we get closer. Temps should range between 45 and 70

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 09-17-2008, 09:11 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default In Big Sur

Hey Doug,
Sounds great. One thing that makes this a bit of a "wing-it" is I have no clue where we will stop in Big Sur. Unfortunatley, I was not able to plot that out in advance. If you have ideas on where exactly to stop and visit or turnaround, your thoughts would be appreciated. Part of me has been extra resistant (rebelious) to planning anything in detail for CH1 after four years of WSCB, so the idea here is to wing-it but not get stuck ether. The other issue is we don't want to go too far down there without hitting a gas station in that area, as some can only drive 130-150 on a tank of fuel.

??? Big Sur Stop areas.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:57 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Duane,

Good question. The turn-outs and vista points along the way aren't that big. It's about 30 miles from Carmel (Baja Cantina area) to Big Sur. So, we may have to just venture down that way and play it by ear (knowing that it will take us 30 to 40 min to get back to Carmel Valley Rd./Baja Cantina).

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it

Last edited by Got the Bug; 09-18-2008 at 11:12 AM..
Old 09-18-2008, 10:16 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Doug,
Any interest in helping to take the lead for the Friday/Southern route group for us?

Since I've not been there in two years, I want to make sure we get to the right spot the first time. Sounds like you better than me. Let me know, and we'll follow you. Thanks, Duane
Old 09-18-2008, 10:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA EXP002, 1968 PI 428 FE
Not Ranked     

Duane,

It sounds like this is going to be an event to remember. I sure wish that we could make it on the trip with everyone. I really hate missing CH1 as the first WSCB was so much fun. You do know how to make sure we have fun with our cars! After October of this year the wife will be retired and we can make the "long" trips to California to join in the fun. Hope to see everyone at CH1 second edition.

Dick

Last edited by lamaluv; 09-18-2008 at 12:50 PM..
Old 09-19-2008, 11:08 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by decooney View Post
Doug,
Any interest in helping to take the lead for the Friday/Southern route group for us?

Since I've not been there in two years, I want to make sure we get to the right spot the first time. Sounds like you better than me. Let me know, and we'll follow you. Thanks, Duane
Duane,

I'd be happy to take the lead for the Friday drive. We'll have to scope out a good point (probably on the fly) to turn around at Big Sur.

The South Bay guys know I'm not a usually a "hotfoot", so I'll definitely try keep us at a moderate pace.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:31 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

There is a nice restaurant with good food at reasonable price right off/on ONE called the Redwood Grill. Here's a link to a bunch of restaurants:

http://www.bigsurcalifornia.org/restaurants.html

Have fun guys!
Old 09-19-2008, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Duane...I'm proud of you.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: