Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2012, 08:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five Mk3.1 / 347
Not Ranked     
Default Sept 1 - Kane County Sheriff's Charity Car-Show

I haven't posted here in a couple of years, so I had to change my registration (now matches one of the FFR sites). I wanted to invite you all to a great car show on Saturday 9/1 - which I hear coincides with the upcoming Snake & Eggs in Schaumburg.

Each year, the Kane County Sheriff (Pat Perez), hosts a huge car show at a wonderful venue - the Martin Family Farm near Elburn, IL. He's a car-guy and drives an early '70s Ford Torino that he built. The show benefits a different charity each year and typically sees upwards of 300 cars.

Info on this year's show: http://www.kanesheriff.com/flyer/carShow.pdf

Photos from last year's show: Kane County Sheriff's Office

The location is incredible - huge level grass show field, lots of pavilions for shade (and games, food, etc...) and even some display areas among the trees. It's also very conveniently located - just a couple miles north of the intersection of I-88 and Rt. 47 (on Green Road - between Rt.47 and Main St. for those using a GPS to locate it).

If you're attending the Snake & Eggs that morning, it would be a great opportunity to make a cruise through the country to the event. I work in Schaumburg and live just a couple of miles from the show location, so I can provide the club with a great route for a countryside cruise to the event. Figure about 45 minutes if you take the highway and 1:15 if you go backroads.

I'll be there with my nearly finished Factory Five chassis (hopefully it'll be running by then, but I'll be trailering it there no matter what) and it would be great to have at least one finished FFR car there to display next to it.

I asked the Sheriff if he would reserve a location for the group if I give him a car count, so please reply and let me know if you'll be coming.

My wife will be there with her '67 Camaro, too, and we'll have an easy-up for shade and a cooler full of beverages.

Hope to see you all there!

Regards,
Chris
Old 08-17-2012, 11:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I am planning on attending, but likely a late arrival of 10:30 to 11 AM.

Lee
Old 08-17-2012, 07:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #253 Silver/Black 358 Windsor
Not Ranked     

Sounds like a great event! Will have to see how much free time I can squeeze out of my schedule that weekend. If so, would also be a late arrival after S&E.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 351W
Not Ranked     

Sounds like a great event, I'll be at the S & E and than cruse to the show!

Fred
Old 08-24-2012, 06:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Street Beasts/5.0 Jon Barrett Hot Rod Engine
Not Ranked     

Out of town...have been there several times...great place for a show...regret I will miss this.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, 347, 462 hp, 4 barrel
Not Ranked     

Chris has sent me a back roads route to the show, so we can make a drive of it also.

Lee
Old 08-26-2012, 08:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

My FFR chassis is ready to go - looks sort of like a cut-away model, actually. Mechanically, it's pretty much ready to run and drive, but it has no wiring yet. We're actually thinking of trying to do the first start this week, though, with a little creative hotwiring. Hopefully something to celebrate on Saturday.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Looks like Isaac has changed the forecast to 60% chance of rain tomorrow. Anyone heard if the show is going to move to the Sunday rain date? If so, I'll have to bow out due to other weekend plans.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

No word yet on a move to the Sunday rain date, but the forecast is looking like rain on both days. Not sure if they'd push it another day, but I'll post something as soon as I know what they decide.

Hope to see many of you there if we get a rain-free day.
Old 09-01-2012, 05:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Looks good so far!
Old 09-01-2012, 06:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Playing it by ear - radar shows rain to the south and moving this way. Registration runs from 9 - noon. Going to see what the morning brings before hauling the chassis over.