21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
Old 07-11-2018, 12:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #253 Silver/Black 358 Windsor
Not Ranked     
Default Car Show for the Veterans July 21

This is a car show held on the grounds of the James Lovell VA Hospital on the north shore of Chicago. Every year I have gone has been amazing. Over 300 cars attend this show, which is for veterans and their families to enjoy.

Last year we had 6 or 7 Cobras hanging out with the Lotus Club, who brings a number of tents for shade.

I will post a meeting time for coffee/breakfast and we can all drive in together so we can park together. Lunch is provided but bring a chair and extra water if you can. The parking lot can get hot in mid July!

James Lovell VA Hospital
3001 Green Bay Rd
North Chicago, IL
Old 07-20-2018, 08:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Is this still on, or will it be postponed due to weather?

Is there a website with info and current status for the show?
Old 07-21-2018, 04:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks for the update???
Old 07-22-2018, 05:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#0760
Not Ranked     

Dumpling,
Kate (our only club director) has sold or is in the process of selling her Cobra. She is really the only person that has tried to keep some semblance of the WCCC in existence of late. With her gone, you and everyone else is pretty much on your own. There really is no one else interested in running what was at one time a large club. Safe to assume that people may post here on CC different local events. But as to organizing the club to attend an event... good luck. I have done two posts on the Stratford Square car shows with no interest. The Geneva Concourse is in August. I won’t bother to post details.... look it up if you are interested in attending. A great walk-around afternoon. If people know of an event they can just post something here. If members don’t come here to see what is posted.... that pretty much says it all. They can use their cars to get the newspaper on sundays.

Large, easy to read and trace schematics with part numbers, wire colors, wire gauge, fuses, and electrical upgrade information. Trouble-shooting and replacement part numbers for those roadside repair adventures.
SPFWiringDiagrams@Comcast.net

Last edited by Blas; 07-29-2018 at 10:04 AM.. Reason: Fixed Geneva date.
Old 07-22-2018, 06:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Ex owner of a polished Kirkham 427 S/C. Now Cobra-less and driving a mid-engine German hot rod.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blas View Post
Dumpling,
Kate (our only club director) has sold or is in the process of selling her Cobra. She is really the only person that has tried to keep some semblance of the WCCC in existence of late. With her gone, you and everyone else is pretty much on your own. There really is no one else interested in running what was at one time a large club. Safe to assume that people may post here on CC different local events. But as to organizing the club to attend an event... good luck. I have done two posts on the Stratford Square car shows with no interest. The Geneva Concourse is in August. I won’t bother to post details.... look it up if you are interested in attending. A great walk-around afternoon. If people know of an event they can just post something here. If member don’t come here to see what is posted.... that pretty much says it all. They can use their cars to get the newspaper on sundays.
If you guys ever get to AZ you are more than welcome in our club! We have a lot of Chicago transplants here!

Last edited by Blas; 07-29-2018 at 10:06 AM.. Reason: Fixed Geneva date.
Old 07-22-2018, 07:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yes, I believe Ralph is located out there now. He skipped town with the WCCC entire collection of gold bars and diamonds, rubies, etc. hope he occasionally buys a round at your events?

Large, easy to read and trace schematics with part numbers, wire colors, wire gauge, fuses, and electrical upgrade information. Trouble-shooting and replacement part numbers for those roadside repair adventures.
Old 02-19-2019, 06:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FF5 347 stroker
Not Ranked     

You know Ralphie as well as we do. He has been the rabbit on a few runs and talked his way out of paperwork !!!! Looks like the Gal running the club was very important. I will be there at that time with Cobra and planning either the 20 or 21 of July Wrigley Field. Is the car show still an event this year?
Gary
Old 02-19-2019, 11:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hello Gary,
Yes Kate was doing a great job running the club. Unfortunately she recently sold her Cobra to concentrate on other interests, as have quite a few other members. We lost some long time members to relocation, health and family issues too.
I attempted to rekindle interest with a gathering at a local coffee shop a few years back, got a fantastic turnout with lots of positive feedback, but nothing much (if anything) ever came together after that discussion. Appears no one want to put any time and effort into running or organizing any events.
For the first time there was little or no interest in a holiday gathering this year. A few owners still hang together I'm told, cross paths at car shows, etc.
The WCCC has pretty much disbanded as a operating club. While I have considered trying to get the WCCC going again, will most likely just join the other Cobra club in the area instead this summer.
Doubtful any past member even reads these posts on CC's WCCC area anymore.......
Ralph usually filled everyone tanks with gasoline and bought breakfast for everyone at all our events too... hope he kept up the tradition out there...