LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2004, 09:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Car #17 Backdraft Racing - Red/Pearl white stripes & 302
Send a message via AIM to Jetlaag
Not Ranked     

Sorry guys,

Too much trouble trying to find a trailer, sooooo I guess the wife and I will be coming down on Saturday in the family truckster (4-runner) to check things out. Are all the WCCC cars going to be parked together so I can find you guys and gals????

Jack
Old 06-22-2004, 09:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 396 long block, PROBE Forged Dished pistons 8.75 to 1 and Vic Jr. heads from Engine Factory. Tremec TKO. BDR#244 Sterling Gray/Silver stripes. 17in polished wheels, glove box and tonneau cover.
Not Ranked     

OR I COULD just take Rich's Cobra...hmmm he live in elgin and if i could some how distract him...

Sid
Old 06-23-2004, 02:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B w/FRPP 347ci 450HP Crate
Send a message via AIM to OhBuoy
Not Ranked     

Wait a second, small oil leaks keeping people from comming???? I have a small oil leak that I am going to worry about after the fling! Enough to be annoying, but I am going to drive in Jenny's parade darn it, and I am going to raise as much as I can giving rides! It's not like I will muck up an auto cross course or something this year.

Trailer, I am going with U-Haul! Just as good as anyone else I guess.

Tom
Old 06-23-2004, 05:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1245 w/ 1966 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Tom: I didn't say my "small oil leak" would keep me from coming, but it MAY keep my Cobra from making the trip. Not because I'm worried about leaking oil on the streets of Ohio (hey, I was BORN in Ohio, so I feel I can do whatever I would like, to their streets! ;-) but because the engine is apart as we speak (it's been apart for the past 3 months while I was busy doing other things........like MOVE my family from one house to another!) and I may not be able to get the heads, intake, and oil pan back on in the next couple of days.........especially without gaskets! I was also deciding weather to ship my heads and intake to Keith Craft for some of his stage3 work..........but that has been put on hold as well due to the wife's recent spending of funds decorating the new house (I should have seen THAT coming!).
Believe me, I would LOVE to be going to the fling with my car, but if my car can't go it shouldn't keep ME from going. If I can't give rides in my Cobra, then I'll just have to buy extra raffle tickets then. Or, I could U-haul my car out there (like you) and perhaps someone there could hook me up with some gaskets!?

Last edited by TerrysSPF; 06-23-2004 at 11:47 AM..
Old 06-23-2004, 06:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B w/FRPP 347ci 450HP Crate
Send a message via AIM to OhBuoy
Not Ranked     

Ah, did not realize the car was apart. I was afraid that I was going to be banished for marking my territory. One thing that I have to say is if you need to do the oil pan gasket, I highly recommend the FelPro one peice gasket. That is where one of my leaks is comming from, but I do not blame the gasket (yet). If I could have gotten my Gordon Levy Oil pan on in a straight shot and gotten a clear shot to the bolts, I know that the Fel Pro would not leak.
Old 06-23-2004, 12:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 396 long block, PROBE Forged Dished pistons 8.75 to 1 and Vic Jr. heads from Engine Factory. Tremec TKO. BDR#244 Sterling Gray/Silver stripes. 17in polished wheels, glove box and tonneau cover.
Not Ranked     

All is good in the world...I'll be riding with our good friend John Spina. THANKS JOHN!!! See you guys in Indiana!

Sid
Old 06-23-2004, 12:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Tom: Yup.........I wish it WASN'T apart! With it being apart, I can't even drive it to my mechanic and have HIM put it together (I wonder if he makes house calls???). It was one of those things that I thought I would have time to do myself but should have known better........especially just after moving into a new home. The first thing I did to the house was put a new garage floor in, paint the walls, slap up some Cobra posters / pictures, build a work bench and cabinets, and..........take my car apart. Then the wife got a bug up her a$$ about wanting me to start working / painting the rooms INSIDE the house (who would have thought about doing THAT??.........I spend all my time in the GARAGE!!). I've been a slave to her ever since (and that started in April!).
Oh well.........at least she's giving me time off to go to the Fling!

Thanks for the tip on the gasket. Do you suggest silicone as well, or just the gasket alone? I don't know what gasket was used originally (I'm going to contact the engine builder and ask), but whatever he used didn't hold up.

Last edited by TerrysSPF; 06-23-2004 at 05:14 PM..
Old 06-23-2004, 01:07 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster
Not Ranked     

Sid ,
Glad to here you will be there !

Spring Fling or Bust !!!
Old 06-23-2004, 01:12 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster
Not Ranked     
Default Windy City Caravan to the Fling

Man can't hardly wait !
just think a mere few hours from now we will be cruisin'
down the road, some Cobras driving some in tow....

Should make a good spectacle I would think!

Just watch out for the Lookie Lu's sometimes they tend to drift a little to close.
A good trailer shake and tail wag should cure that though.

********SPRING FLING HERE WE COME !!!!!!!
Old 06-23-2004, 01:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'm bringing my digital camera! we need a group pic at CB's before the caravan heads out...I recommend MEGUIARS Quick detailer! Or some of that stuff Blas got...I won't be able to sleep tonight! DV are you ready for us???

sid
Old 06-23-2004, 03:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

Heee-heee-heeee!
DV...you can't bring to many!
Old 06-23-2004, 06:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B 532BBF
Not Ranked     

Are we gonna have the biggest posse there? Let's go CHI-TOWN!!
Old 06-23-2004, 06:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

EMK: Do you ever go to the car shows in downtown Downers Grove? Have they started yet this year?
Old 06-27-2004, 04:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Wow! Did everyone have a good time or what?! I wonder if the Hampton Inn will ever have us back? We should try to recruit "FEDEX" to our club...he'd fit right in. Hey Chris, is your dad gonna pull the trigger on a Cobra or is he too scared?

We own that place...long live the burnout pit!

TerrysSPF- Yes the DG's have started and they are a very good show. I go as often as I can.
Old 06-27-2004, 05:25 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1507 427 Dart Block Windsor
Not Ranked     

SLOW DOWN/LITE 'EM UP!!!

I'll bet the Hampton's lawyer will sh!t when he comes to work tomorrow and finds out what was going on, but it sure was the happenin' place on Friday and Saturday nights!

Lowell
Old 06-27-2004, 07:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham KMP367, 427 Shelby
Not Ranked     

Yes, .... Long live the burn out pit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The heck with the lawyers, the Hampton is sitting on a gold mine and can charge big bucks for next years burn out rally.

The WCCC made it happen with Fred taking the checkered flag for his excellent "Lite 'em up" Sorry about the clutch.

Yeah Eric we should recruit FEDEX. He is all about smokin' the tires with his stroked out 351 Windsor. Matter of fact I think he is still out in front of the Hampton taking practice runs just for the hell of it! Maybe he will come out for our poker run on the 11th.

Mark
Old 06-28-2004, 02:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

FEDEX's name is Chris (you guys where too drunk to see his name on his jacket )and I got his email address... I LOVE HIS MOTOR!!!! 351W 427 stoker screamin with a 6700 rev limiter! Good GOD! And we thought Rich Shelby drove the piss out of his car. That was the fastest beer/smokes run I have ever seen! WOOHOO and I got a pic of John rollin over to 50k on the Venom. You know its real cause you can see the scanmaster. 8yrs old and still running strong... Oh and check out his site; its got pics of the GN Spyder.

Jay ( GOCATS) was with us too with that gas spewing EFI stroker in his yellow and black B&B. And Fred deserves pat on the back for gutting his clutch cable for Jay. Even though it was the wrong one. Its the thought that counts. See we aint all bad!

Arcenio lost his position as the champion of the smoke show with Fred taking the prize.

Mark got his a$s beat by his kids...LOL!

Eric and Jen almost became a speed bump for a semi.

http://www.gnspyder.com/

Can't wait till the Poker run! Will be riding with Rich Shelby for now...until he bails on me! LOL! (Rich your not gonna hear the end of this from me and the club!!!) John that seat still available in the cobra?

SID-(still shaken from the trip)

one last thing....I WILL HAVE A COBRA BEFORE Wolf gets a viper. (Wuss!) I'm calling you out old man!
Attached Images

Last edited by got snake?; 06-28-2004 at 03:21 PM..
Old 06-28-2004, 03:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

And i forgot to thank John for letting me ride with him down there. It was a blast and also thanks for letting me drive the cobra. Sorry about the 2x4 I ran over on the side of the road

I also need to thank Chris for letting me drive is SPF. That is one great machine and you're one hell of a guy!

sid

Last edited by got snake?; 06-28-2004 at 09:21 PM..
Old 06-28-2004, 04:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

For the record, that semi had no chance of catching me! I should have waited longer before pulling out...just to give my cobra a little bit of a challange.
Old 06-28-2004, 05:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 1454
Not Ranked     

The Hampton rules!!! I must say I didn't expect to have that good of a time. Lets see if we can drag the rest of the club with next year.

Also, don't forget about the gawkers that almost took out Erik's car on the way down.

Wolf couldn't stop talking about Cobras the whole way home. I think he's off of the Viper and on to Cobras.

Go WCCC Lite em up