Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2004, 12:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #177 Carbed Ford Small Block
Not Ranked     
Default Backdraft has sucked me in!

Thanks to all of your advice and generousity with your time I have made an order for a BDR. As it turns out hanging out with you guys lead me to understand their car was the best fit for me. You can see it on their website as build number 177. I am presently building the engine as a 351 roller stroked to 393. Car should be here in early Sept so I am taking my time with my son building the motor. I need the time since I have only built 3 motors in my life and the last one was a 340 for a 68 Cuda in 1977. We are having fun with the engine and almost can't imagine it when the car arrives. I have wanted on of these since 1980. So for a 24 year dream to come true is pretty cool! God Bless the little ladies that give us the nod for such an awesome and almost vulgar dent in the budget. But hey, I'm happy!!! Snake and Eggs anyone? Gurnee area Cracker Barrel.

Special thanks to Marty (Red) & Mark Weseman.

http://www.backdraftracing.com/builddetail.asp?ID=142

Thanks Again,

Jeff
Old 07-20-2004, 12:42 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thats pretty cool, aint the Club great! I too really enjoy working on my ride with my son.
Old 07-20-2004, 01:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR - Blue W/ Silver Stripe
Not Ranked     

Jeff
Congratulations!
My only comment is, it will get better & better as you get closer to a car you can drive. Then the real fun begins......

Rich
Old 07-20-2004, 01:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique, S.A. 427 center oiler
Not Ranked     

Nice link to their site. Very nice looking color!
Old 07-20-2004, 05:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Antique & Collectible 351 windsor bored and stroked tko tremec
Not Ranked     

hey jeff congrats on your new ride. i have also wanted a cobra for a long time and i put my cobra on the road in march wow its crazy. also we spent some time in columbus ohio for dv spring fling wowwwwwwwww its crazy you should go next year well anyways good luck with your car, and keep us posted on your progress Neil
Old 07-20-2004, 06:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Waiting to Order a BDR, engine to be a SA C408. TKO to hook it up.
Not Ranked     

Congrats on the order Sept. will soon be here then, as was said above, the fun will really begin !!

Enjoy the engine build and enjoy the drive !!

regards
Doug I
Old 07-20-2004, 06:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#0760
Not Ranked     

Are we a bad influence or what????
Better not take a ride in the WCCC club helicopter of power boat...
Old 07-20-2004, 06:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKIII, SPO2891, SPO1649
Not Ranked     
Default Backdraft choice

Hi Jeff:

Congratulations on your new purchase. You have made a very wise decision in choosing Backdraft. It is a very solid reliable Cobra replica. One of our members at the Kentucky Cobra Club, Bill Allan, is the regional dealer for Backdraft and I had the pleasure of photographing his car and I can tell you it is a very nicely put together car. Once you receive your car and pictures are available I want to invite you to join our online Club. Please visit our website and register online, there is no cost to join. Send me whatever photos of your car and I will post them on our website on a page devoted to you once you register. Again welcome to the world of all things Cobra and much happiness with your Backdraft.

What color combination have you chosen?

Juan
Old 07-20-2004, 06:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Jeff

I believe that you will be happy with your purchase.

I've said it here a few times before, but I was very impressed with the BDR car I saw at the Run N Gun there last year.

I'm sure you will be happy. Enjoy the build with your son there.

The count down is now on until it arrives..

Cheers

Bernie
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 07-20-2004, 07:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR, 351W
Not Ranked     

Jeffko

Way to go! Nice color. I have BDR #88, just got it on the road last month. Can't stop smilling. Something you'll have to get used to is people hoot'n at ya.

Brad
Old 07-20-2004, 08:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via AIM to flanker
Not Ranked     

Jeff Super congradulations on your choice, you won't regret it.

I am so glad tha Backdraft is doing so well out in the market. I remember the first time I posted 2 years ago, asking about "If anyone knew who these guys were? And was blasted for asking.
Reg and the gang have come along way in such a short time and have proven themselves as a strong competitor in the marketplace and on the track. (Run & Gun) and it coudn't have happened to a nicer and professional group of people.

I am so glad I made the choice and took a chance on an unknown and have never looked back.

Jeff the color choice your chose is fantastic. Mine is Inferno red with silver metalic stripes and the looks you get even next to other Crobras, that color just stands out. Enjoy your ride and use it for everything, grocery getter, cleaners and it is a real hit at any Home Depot.

Forever Bitten by the BDR
Frank H
Old 07-26-2004, 07:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 396 long block, PROBE Forged Dished pistons 8.75 to 1 and Vic Jr. heads from Engine Factory. Tremec TKO. BDR#244 Sterling Gray/Silver stripes. 17in polished wheels, glove box and tonneau cover.
Not Ranked     

Shoot he beat me to it! Congrats Jeff! I'm going the BDR way also. Its just gonna take me a little longer. Oh by the way...If you guys what to help me get a cobra sooner help me sell my bike!

ebay motors: 2485538287

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2485538287

SID
Old 07-26-2004, 10:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #177 Carbed Ford Small Block
Not Ranked     

Thanks guys. I am really getting ancy now. A few weeks ago a guy moved in across the street from Texas bringing his Lone Star Cobra with him. Now I have to watch this guy drive by while I am looking at pictures and turning wrenches. UGH! Thank God it is not red. He did a nice job with his son's help and the boys drive it pretty often also. Very cool but another UGH! ...my son is almost 16. Anyway, they posted a few more pictures on BDR's website if anyone wants to take a peek. Hey, can anyone tell me how to post pictures?

Also I should have thanked Blas earlier, but I did not want to encourage him.

Slid in the cam and dropped in the crank over the weekend. Pistons and rods are ready to go and next in line.
Attached Images

Old 07-26-2004, 10:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: sold BDR #123 351w, Tko 17" full polished wheels
Not Ranked     

Jeffko,

Congratulations on your choice. Great color combo. The only problem you may have is that the calendar tends to go very slow as the delivery date gets closer Take your time, the engine install is almost as much fun as the first drive IMHO. Frank and Reg are great people to work with. You will be pleased.

David
Old 07-29-2004, 07:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#0760
Not Ranked     

Yes, my co-workers and Family learned many years ago NEVER to encourage me.....
Old 08-11-2004, 12:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Car #17 Backdraft Racing - Red/Pearl white stripes & 302
Send a message via AIM to Jetlaag
Not Ranked     

Congrats Jeff!!!

You are going to love your new BDR...

I know that I love my #17 BDR and I know that Reg, Tony, Frank and the guys have made a lot of improvements to the car since mine was born.

Speaking of being born, I hope that I can keep my Cobra as I just found out from the Mrs. that we have a bun in the oven.

Looks like more overtime...

Anyway, Jeff have fun and let us know when you are going to be getting your car in... I would love to see it when it arrives... Take a look at my gallery pics and you can see the delivery of my BDR...

Jack
Old 08-11-2004, 04:31 PM
GEAR GRINDER CUM LAUDE
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1560 w/ Ford Racing [RDI/AFR/RPM] Alum. 427CI - 575HP & TKO
Not Ranked     

Got Snake and others too,
For an investment of $25.00 or 5 for $100.00 you can take a chance to WIN a brand new "Backdraft roller" on Nov. 13, 2004.
For info go to the "Deep South Cobra Forum" here on CC and click on the "Reptile Roundup Thread." or www.deepsouthcobraclub.com
This raffle will benefit Camp Boggy Creek, one of Paul Newman's "Hole in the Wall Camps" which are tax-free charities.
Buy plenty of tickets early as they are limited to 4000.
Good Luck,
TL
Old 08-11-2004, 06:31 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1507 427 Dart Block Windsor
Not Ranked     

Jerr,

Congratulations and welcome. September will be before you know it. Hope you have lots of time to enjoy your new car before the weather turns cool. I'm looking forward to seeing you and your car at some WCCC events.

Lowell

Lowell
Old 08-11-2004, 09:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Back Draft # 64 427w 402RWHP Hand Built with ATTITUDE
Not Ranked     

Jeff way to go. I have researched this for 3 years GREAT CHOICE. Just palced order on #165 with upgraded M3 /race suspention. 351 stroked to 427 with 525hp. I will be at Run and Gun with out the car (this Time). Thoutht it would be good to see what compitition I would have for next year! The car would be ready in time but not sorted out, or broken in, so I will just go and Drool over all the track time and fun to be had.
Any one going to Run & Gun that wants support in the pits let me know. Thanks Pete.