17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 08-12-2004, 12:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B w/FRPP 347ci 450HP Crate
Send a message via AIM to OhBuoy
Not Ranked     
Default WCCC Website (www.windycitycobras.com)

Some of you may have noticed the odd appearance of www.windycitycobras.com over the past couple of days. I am in the process of swapping out the content management software on the site. My goal is to provide several key functions with the new software...

1) An events calandar. The old site had a calander that was updatable by all subscribed members. This new site will have the same feature. I will do my best to add club events, including Snake and Eggs, however, this feature will be open to all who register there User ID on the new page. I encourage all to submit events that they feel are appropriate to the group.

2) Photo gallery. In order to get the mailing list function (which many still need to subscribe to), I am personally paying for 300MB of storage a month. The old site, as well as the new site will have a photo gallery. Please post pictures in personal galleries of your build progress or your endeavors in your snake.

3) An online newsletter. The new site, like the old site will allow you to submit news articles. This will provide for a dynamic newsletter. Please write up articles for club events and include links to your photos in the photo album using the online editor when it is availble. Your articles will be submitted for approval and if they do not duplicate another article (in which case they will be merged) and pertain to our community, they will be posted as a news article.

4) Online signup for the listsrv@windycitycobraclub.com mailing list. We can also add content based lists (maybe events, snake and eggs, ???) that users can subscribe to. It would be ideal if we could replace Blas' mailing list with the listsrv which will automatically handle subscriptions and bounce backs.

5) A chat mechanism. There will be a chat feature that will allow you to send public messages to other signed on users.

6) Banner adds. In the past, I gave Gess Motorsports a free banner as they are a local business commited to Cobras. If there are other vendors, we should look to add them, hopefully in return for a discount for the club or revenue. If we collect banner fees, I suggest that we offset some of my costs first for the hosting and then apply the remainder to the club coffer.

7) A link back to our forum here. It does not seem to make sense to have two seperate forums. Maybe at some point we will justify having our own forum on the board for local cars for sale, parts, etc, but I think the consensus right now is NO.

Any other ideas or comments?

Tom
Old 08-12-2004, 01:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#0760
Not Ranked     
Default This is a good topic for the picnic...

This is a good topic for the picnic...
I would like to distribute the newsletter "Snake Eyes" via the club website. I have the first issue almost ready, I'm just waiting for the picnic photos to be taken....
The club directory should probably still be delivered to members directly from me...not for internet publication
The new "Board Members" can make the final decisions ont these issues as well as the WCCC ski lodge, Vacation Condo, and Club Jet time share issues after elections Augusr 22 at the picnic.
Old 08-12-2004, 03:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance
Not Ranked     

Guys,

Don't forget...I've reserved the Las Vegas WCCC Vacation Condo for February 6th 2005, Super Bowl XXXIX. You guys are using the the WCCC Gulfstream and flying to the Aruba timeshare.

Frank

Badman

If you can't drink it, eat it, "kiss" it, spend it, or drive it fast...get rid of it!!!!
Old 08-30-2004, 05:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B w/FRPP 347ci 450HP Crate
Send a message via AIM to OhBuoy
Not Ranked     

OK members, the site is now up! I appologize, but if you registered in the past, please register again. As you will see, it has a photo gallery, chat, calendar and the ability to submit articles with photos included. Please feel free to submit articles. To include photos, upload them first to the gallery. Then when you are creating the article select the icon to insert a photoshare picture.

Please give me feedback. I am trying to get a good theme that works with all of the modules installed.

Tom