24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 08-25-2004, 10:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SUPERFORMANCE
Send a message via AIM to D&M MOTORSPORTS
Not Ranked     
Default Attn: Cobra Owners

HELLO EVERYONE. I AM TRYING TO PUT TOGETHER A COBRA SHOW BEFORE THE BAD WEATHER COMES. I AM NOT SURE ON A DATE, FEEL FREE TO SET SOMETHING UP ON A DAY WE CAN GET THE MOST TO SHOW. FRI OR SAT. I WILL HAVE A FEW SUPERFORMANCE TO TEST DRIVE AS WELL AS A SUPERFORMANCE COUPE AND NOBLE, WE ARE CELEBRATING FOR BECOMING ILLINOIS'S SUPERFORMANCE DEALERSHIP. PLEASE REPLY WITH ANY DATES AND I WILL SET UP SOME FOOD AND MUSIC. ALSO WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO GET A BANNER ON YOUR SITE?
THANKS MUCH!
D&M MOTORSPORTS
CHICAGO, ILLINOIS

Last edited by D&M MOTORSPORTS; 08-25-2004 at 11:00 PM..
Old 08-27-2004, 06:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance
Not Ranked     

Mike,

Great idea!! I suggest a Saturday afternoon, noon until 5:00PM, car show. How does September 11th or 18th “fit” your schedule?

Frank
Old 08-28-2004, 10:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 396 long block, PROBE Forged Dished pistons 8.75 to 1 and Vic Jr. heads from Engine Factory. Tremec TKO. BDR#244 Sterling Gray/Silver stripes. 17in polished wheels, glove box and tonneau cover.
Not Ranked     

Went over there today...told me that we should just pic a day. So its really up to us. kinda cool of them to do that. Can't wait to see the Noble flex its muscles!!! I say the 11th.

sid
Old 08-29-2004, 04:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I vote for Saturday September 11th. Who else is interested?

Frank

Badman

If you can't drink it, eat it, "kiss" it, spend it, or drive it fast...get rid of it!!!!
Old 08-29-2004, 05:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E.R.A. 428FE Single carb.
Not Ranked     

The 11th works for me, count me in!!

Ron
Old 08-30-2004, 10:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPO 1694, Roush 402R
Not Ranked     

September 11 is fine. We should support D&M. I bought my Cobra there and they always try to be helpful.

Bill
Old 08-30-2004, 01:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I agree. I also purchased my Superformance Cobra from D&M and they've always gone the extra mile to ensure my satisfaction. I had a minor warranty claim, small pinhole leak in the left side pipe and they took care of it. I had a new pipe within a week and St. Charles Motor Sport did the installation without a problem.

Got to love that customer service commitment; it’s a rare trait in today’s business world.

Frank

Badman

If you can't drink it, eat it, "kiss" it, spend it, or drive it fast...get rid of it!!!!
Old 08-30-2004, 04:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1245 w/ 1966 427 SO
Not Ranked     

D & M ?? I thought they were a CORVETTE dealership on Ogden Ave?

Actually, I know these guys. They ARE a good bunch of guys (as far as used car salesman go anyway!) and they do try and make their customers happy. Came close to buying a car from them awhile back, but ended up purchasing elsewhere. They are a great place to go to if you're looking at getting into a SPF right away (they usually have a number of them in stock) versus having to place an order and wait the 4-5 months. They take trade-ins too, which a lot of other dealers won't. Good place to trade your Vette in for a Cobra!

Badman: You aren't the guy that happen to buy the Black 2000 SPF they had in their showroom, are you? I think it was #796 if I remember right.

Last edited by TerrysSPF; 08-30-2004 at 04:30 PM..
Old 08-31-2004, 04:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Actually I purchased titanium with black stripe Superformance from D&M last year. DSS Racing, St. Charles Illinois, built a stroked 408 engine and St. Charles Motor Sport installed the motor.

I very pleased with the car and engine combination. It’s quick, agile, and IMO “the most fun you can have in a car with your clothes on”.

Badman

Badman

Old 08-31-2004, 06:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1245 w/ 1966 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Badman: Sounds like you've got a geat car, and I love that color combo. I also know the guys at DSS. Been there many times and have recommended them to quite a number of folks here on CC. They have great stroker kits available to those who are looking at getting more out of their 351's.
I also know Alex at St. Charles Motorsport. Another great guy and his mechanic's know thier way around an SPF. Great place for people in the Chicago area to go if they need work on their Cobras. My family has purchased a number of cars through Alex and he's always been a class act. The reason I asked you about the Black SPF was because it also had a 408 (like your car). That car used to belong to Alex and I came close to buying it from him. I never gave him a final answer and he ended up trading the car to D&M for a car that they had (a Ferrari I think) for one of his customers. The guys at D&M wanted more for the car than Alex and I agreed upon, so I walked away from the deal. The guys at D&M were always upfront and seemed to do the best they could for me on trying to make a deal, but I just couldn't bring myself to spend more on a car that I could have bought a couple weeks earlier, for less money. I think they had more $$ invested into the car than Alex did which is why they couldn't go lower.
Oh well...........you snooze, you loose. I ended up with a great car in the long run though. Just takes time and patience. But I will (and I HAVE) always recommend people to D&M and St. Charles Motorsports, even if I didn't buy from them. Great bunch of guys at BOTH locations.
Old 09-05-2004, 09:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Terry,

I stopped at D&M Motorsports to speak with Mike Jr. yesterday after WCCC's Snake & Eggs 11 and Meadowdale Racewoods tour. Per Mike, the show times are 9:00AM until 3:00PM on Saturday September 11th. Look for an additional D&M event posting from Mike this week.

Hope to see you at the show.

Badman

Badman

Old 09-09-2004, 04:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

WELL, WE ARE VERY EXCITED FOR SATURDAY. WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO A NICE CROWD. WEATHER LOOKS LIKE IT WILL BE PERFECT, SO THERE'S NO EXCUSES. "BLAS" WILL GIVE A FEW MORE DETAILS, BUT I THINK IT WILL BE A GOOD TIME SEE YOU GUYS SOON. STAFF @ D&M MOTORSPORTS.
Old 09-09-2004, 05:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#0760
Not Ranked     

WCCC'ers - check your emails........
Old 09-09-2004, 05:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique, S.A. 427 center oiler
Not Ranked     

Mike, The answer to your question about banners....just click on "banner info", lower left corner of the site home page.
Old 09-09-2004, 05:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Steve, i will look into that.
Old 09-11-2004, 12:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#0760
Not Ranked     

8 cars again for a WCCC event....Good to see everyone,,,
Thanks go out to the 2 Mike's at D&M Motorsports for this mornings get-together and breakfast at the shop. Congrats to Frank B. on winning the door prize. And thanks again to D&M for supporting WCCC.
Remember, the British Car Show and Snake & Eggs 12 tomorrow....that makes 33 events this year for the club....WOW
Old 09-11-2004, 02:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Blas, make that 12 cars, Mr Swenson as well as a few others showed later in the day. Thanks again everyone. Please let me know what else i can do to support the club!
Old 09-12-2004, 05:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mike,

I would also like to thank D&M Motorsports for sponsoring Saturday’s WCCC car show. It was another WCCC club fun event; a beautiful day and I still can’t believe I won the door prize. (I’m the original person “who never wins anything” but believed this was the beginning of a lucky streak and purchased five dollars in lotto tickets. Naturally, I didn’t win, so everything is normal again).

Thanks for a great show!

Frank (Badman)

Badman