LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2004, 01:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance
Not Ranked     
Default Champagne Tasting

Hi,

If you’re up for some fun this Thursday afternoon and would like to sample over 40 sparkling wines for your New Year’s Eve party, please join my wife and I at Sal’s Beverage Shop in Addison. Sal’s is hosting a champagne tasting party from 2:00 until 5:00PM; the cost is $5.00 per person and you keep the champagne flute. We’ll be there at 2:00 and plan to leave early to beat the traffic home. Sal’s located at 430-434 West Lake Street in Addison, their telephone number (630)-543-0440.

Just in case your wondering…I’m not employed by Sal's and do not have any vested business interest. But I do enjoy drinking champagne and having fun!! Hope to see you there.

Badman
Old 12-28-2004, 04:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 396 long block, PROBE Forged Dished pistons 8.75 to 1 and Vic Jr. heads from Engine Factory. Tremec TKO. BDR#244 Sterling Gray/Silver stripes. 17in polished wheels, glove box and tonneau cover.
Not Ranked     

I got thursday off...Love working for a school! I'll try to make it Frank!

Sid
Old 12-28-2004, 04:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1245 w/ 1966 427 SO
Not Ranked     

I've been to Sal's and it's a great place. Five bucks at the door is a STEAL (can you get drunk in 3 hrs??) !!

You guys have fun!
Old 12-28-2004, 09:12 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR 427 S/C, 351W, 5 Sp & KMP142 - 427 SO, 4 Spd
Not Ranked     

Sounds like you'd want to leave the Cobras home
for that one! Oops - never mind - my guess - the
weather there would eliminate that possibility!
Old 12-29-2004, 06:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Flip,

Would you believe our local weather prognosticators are predicating a beautiful day Thursday afternoon with temperature highs 22 degrees above normal? The Chicago metropolitan area is experiencing a relatively mild winter, knock on wood, the only exception was a two days of sub zero Christmas temperatures. With winter temperatures in the low 50’s for the next several days, I would love to take my car out of storage to “stretch its legs and tear up some payment.”

It must be really tough to live in Hawaii and drive your cobra year round. (Okay, okay so I’m envious.) How long have your lived in Hawaii?

Badman

Badman

If you can't drink it, eat it, "kiss" it, spend it, or drive it fast...get rid of it!!!!
Old 12-29-2004, 07:20 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR 427 S/C, 351W, 5 Sp & KMP142 - 427 SO, 4 Spd
Not Ranked     

Badman,

Wow, you have been having a mild winter there - hope it continues.
I have gotten cold watching some of the winters there on the news.

I have been in Hawaii for nearly 31 years now - flew out of Boston
in Jan 2, '74, found a whole new world and never went back to N. E.

We have been havng a lot of rain (it's winter you know) so you cain't
just go for a run anytime. Also, kind of like a big dog in a small
fenced in yard, where are you going to go? This place isn't perfect,
but I do like the weather.

That party sounds like a lot of fun for a great price!
Old 12-29-2004, 12:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Flip,

I’ve never really vacationed in Hawaii but have dreamed of sitting on the beach drinking Mai Tai’s while watching the bikinis wiggle by. The closest I got to a Hawaii vacation was a two-hour Army lay over while flying from California to Okinawa. Our Army, in their infinite wisdom, leased a commercial airliner and loaded 250 troops on this flying cattle car with wings for redeployment. It was a terrible flight…long, bumpy, stuffy; hell even the stewardesses were ugly! But what I remember most on landing was the fragrance of flowers and the ocean smell. Even today, I can close my eyes and in my mind I can still inhale wonderful scents.

Perhaps I make a Hawaii vacation a 2005 New Year’s resolution. I’ll give you a call if I’m ever in your neighborhood.

Badman

Badman

If you can't drink it, eat it, "kiss" it, spend it, or drive it fast...get rid of it!!!!