Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2006, 03:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Up close Road Racing this weekend

I'm passing this information on to anyone who might be interested. This is not meant as competition to the Club event Saturday BUT if you're not going Saturday or available on Friday Saturday or Sunday...

NASA (National Auto Sports Association) is looking for volunteers to crew three days of club racing at Autobahn. You can get up close to the action, learn more about racing and putting on an event and have a great time in great weather at a great facility...

And / Or get some driving time in on the track if you're ready for it...

I'll be there driving Saturday & Sunday wth my green car.

From NASA:

***VOLUNTEERS WANTED***
If you would like to volunteer for any other Midwest event, we can find a fun exciting area for you. Race Tech, HPDE Tech, Timing and Scoring, Flagger support, Grid and Pit, Registration, Customer support, etc. Volunteers get closer to the action!
Sign up On-line or send me an e-mail and I'll add you to the Team. Please don't be shy, everyone is welcome! See registration at the track if you are interested in volunteering.

Here's contact info.

http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic....0740a0a548670c

Please send Dave Royce an e-mail at dave@nasamidwest.com if you are interested...

Dave Royce
NASA Midwest & OH/IN Director
e-mail - info@nasamidwest.com
direct – 847-855-5662
office & fax - 847.574-8032

http://www.nasamidwest.com
http://www.racenasa.com
http://www.nasaforums.com
http://www.nasaproracing.com

NASA Midwest
5250 Grand Avenue
Suite 14-387
Gurnee, IL 60031

http://www.nasamidwest.com
Old 07-25-2006, 07:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ACE, 351W, 3550 Tremec, Raging(?) Red W/ White Stripe.
Not Ranked     
Question Inquiring Minds Want To Know!

Hey Dave, don't let us hanging, fill us in on your racing adventure last weekend. Did Michelle do a good job in the pits? Or will she need to take lessons from Laura?
Crash
Old 07-25-2006, 08:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrison, Chevy 454, Tremec 550, C4 Vette susp and coilovers
Not Ranked     

As an on track observer, David was "cookin" in his green car. I moved up to his class on Sunday; I started last; he passed me, proving that a C4 is faster than a Z4; driver skill aside??

I hope to avenge my honor when the Cobra takes the track!

On a serious note, it was a great event, well run, safe, no car to car contact, and fun. There were some intresting cars running on the other track (members of Autobahn), a Porsche Carrera GT as an example.

Jim
Old 07-26-2006, 02:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Plus, there were lots of Cobras mostly Factory Fives at all levels of action from wheel-to-wheel racing (several), time trial and through the various levels of HPDE. The American Iron Mustangs put on quite a show going wheel-to-wheel as did the Spec Miata Challenge and plenty of other determined competitors.

Michelle's always awesome in the pits and trackside. She shot some great pictures. I got got plenty of in car video...

Btw: We enjoyed hanging with all of you guys up at Road America the previous Saturday and with "Crash" on Sunday too! (Got good pix and video there too!)