View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 12:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6079 482CI CSX cross ram
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
Yes, any comment that disagrees with yours is considered "stupid." Of course.

My witty comeback is that anyone that thinks his post-1967 Shelby Cobra is a real Shelby Cobra has paid a large premium for a car that he/she believes has more value than any other replica just because of the Shelby name. I'm not buying the marketing "hype." Nor do I think they're "real."

The bottom line is that Shelby didn't want to call them replicas, so he came up with another name. It's right there in the 2008 Shelby World Registry. And one of the world's foremost Cobra experts states that the modern Shelbys are replicas.

If you read the old 64-page thread, then there's several posts where we discuss examples of companies reproducing items, such as watches for example, that are replicas of their original version.

30-40-50 years later, your Shelby Cobra replica uses completely different parts and materials, 1960's versus 2010's, and body too, it's a replica of the original real Shelby Cobra. And it's delivered incomplete. Engine, transmission, alignment, exhaust, etc. to be purchased and/or installed by owner. Just like the 1960's.

As I said, you can call it a real Shelby Cobra, you more than welcome to cling to that "religion." What do I care. But I, and at least Ned Scudder, know your Shelby is a replica.

For me, I wouldn't pay any premium for a Shelby. Buy a Kirkham, keep the Shelby badges. And if you own a fiberglass Shelby, then, well, er, uh, moving on now. (We all know Shelby never made a fiberglass Cobra in the 1960's)
your "witty comeback" is not witty, its annoying and stupid. I'm done wasting my bandwidth debating this topic with someone who likes to see himself be a TROLL. Im done. And we dont care what you think, its obvious with all the replys here, go ahead a re-read your 65 page post.. have fun.