View Single Post
Old 09-11-2020, 12:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Red/White Stripes
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moritz55 View Post
With all due respect you should not generalize about any Cobra member's view of their car's value. I bought a mint well maintained SPF , Roush 427SR with 21k miles with many chrome/engine extras for just over $60k this past February. The prior owner had a 5inch 3-ring binder with the entire car build history, maintenance records and receipts. I felt it was a great value because other than normal maintenance, I get in and drive it with no worries or surprises. Maybe I am not the norm but many factors are included in valuing any car including lineage.
I also own 5 other gated classic sports cars including 2 Ferrari's and apply the same logic in valuing them. Desired gated sports cars with great lineage/history records will appreciate if well maintained in an authentic way.

You should not generalize and misdirect/confuse someone who is trying to help someone find a good SPF.
SPF Owners can have any view they want of the value of their car, but reality determines the real value. I just warn people not to drink the Kool-Aide handed out by the Administrator and his Cronies on the SCOF Board. In my opinion, their opinion of "value" and "upgrades" are self serving since they are selling cars and upgrades. My car was a one owner pristine, 7k miles, red/white car small bloc and I paid $38.5k. My friend paid $44k for a mint big block. Look at the SPF Cobra's that sold on Bring a Trailer and various Auctions and minus the 10% commission. That's the real value.

I own a small car collection of vintage cars and I agree with you that many factors are included in valuing a car, including lineage, history, maintenance records, etc. I also agree those vintage cars will appreciate if well maintained in an authentic way. But that doesn't apply to Superformance Cobras, or any other Cobra replica. These are not vintage cars, these are REPLICAS (a nice way of saying fake). If the motor blows up, you install a new one, if the interior is shot, you put in a new one. If you wrap it around a pole, you buy a new one. I use my SPF on the track. That's all I use it for. I enjoy driving my vintage cars more than my SPF, but I bought the SPF because I would never track my real vintage cars and wanted a vintage looking track car that I wouldn't care about if I blew a motor, or crashed it.

I'm not trying to generalize of confuse anyone. I don't know if your SPF Cobra is worth $60k+ or not, but if its worth $60k+ to you that's all that matters. All I'm saying is you can buy mint condition SPF small blocks for around $40k and big blocks for around $45k. That's a fact. Look at recent sales that are published and don't listen to someone on the SCOF Board, looking to broker a car for profit, or trying to unload their car or one for a friend.