Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Engine Building, Tuning, and Induction > 429/460 Engine Talk

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-14-2010, 05:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default SB-100 PCV to air Filter kit

I went on Monday for my inspection by the BAR and passed everything except i need to have my pcv breather routed to the air filter.

The inspector kindly printed out a picture of a kit by Ford racing but I can't find it anywhere online. Does anyone know where i can get one of these?
Old 04-14-2010, 08:06 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None, sold it
Not Ranked     

i don't know where you are in Ca but you can try Mustangs Plus in Stockton, http://www.mustangsplus.com/xcart/home.php
Old 04-15-2010, 07:19 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1019
Not Ranked     

Huh? Which year do you choose for your "body style" for Smog purposes?
Old 04-15-2010, 07:32 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwnuts View Post
I went on Monday for my inspection by the BAR and passed everything except i need to have my pcv breather routed to the air filter.

The inspector kindly printed out a picture of a kit by Ford racing but I can't find it anywhere online. Does anyone know where i can get one of these?
Are you talking about the PCV valve on the passenger side of the engine? If so, I just had mine routed to the place on the spacer behind the carb. I also drilled a hole in my air cleaner and attached a small tube through it so I could use a breather type cap on the drivers side but neither was required by the inspector when he checked my car.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 04-15-2010, 07:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison 427SC 302 smallblock. 431 stroker in the works, tremec 3550
Not Ranked     

I have a picture of an original Cobra showing the piping from the filler cap to the air cleaner. After trying for the past 1/2 hour to download onto this thread, I have decided that it is impossible to download photos with Windows Vista to Club Cobra. I can e-mail you the picture if you send me an e-mail address.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #168 427W 66+K miles and counting
Not Ranked     

Not that hard to do (I also had to put a hose from the breather to the Air Cleaner to augment the existing PCV setup). There are plenty of inexpensive lightweight breathers out there with a hose nipple for just this purpose. Then get a 90 deg (or other) plastic fitting that you can attach to the bottom of your filter housing--I think I got mine from Summit Racing. Then drill a hole in the base of the housing, attach the elbow (so that it does not interfere with throttle/choke/carb/filter function), insert one end of the hose on the fitting and the other on the nipple on the installed breather, and you are in business with a closed-loop system.

I think that I found the plastic elbow fitting at Summit Racing under air cleaner accessories.

Good luck

"If your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt"
Old 04-15-2010, 01:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

There are threads on this topic.

I bought the parts to fabricate the closed system from the driver's side breather from Kragen/Oreilly for $15.

If you're close to San Diego, you can borrow my setup. Includes everything from the breather to the air cleaner.