LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-10-2020, 02:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby American CSX6027
Not Ranked     
Default Csx 6027

hi, new member here.
i am looking for any information on a 2009 build CSX 6027. car was sold out of T&E Legendary Classics Ohio, no longer in existence.
thanks in advance for any information.
Old 07-10-2020, 04:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6079 482CI CSX cross ram
Not Ranked     

have 6079...I may be able to help you PM me... Or you can contact Hillbank but all the info they can give you is the build sheet and or a copy of the MSO.
Old 07-10-2020, 05:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

I doubt that the dealer that didn't sell the car can give you much information.

What are you looking for? Shelby American would be my first stop for manufacturer's info, but the "world wide web" doesn't have much else. Unless you happen to own a railroad engine in which case there is a lot of info on it.
Old 07-10-2020, 05:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

chassis went from shelby american to T&E legendary. powertrain installed by performance engineering. Genesis 427 s/o iron block, top loader trans. 20 miles on the car. cannot find records for confirmation. car is being bought sight unseen, value?
AndrewB likes this.
Old 07-10-2020, 05:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Car sat for all these years in a garage. You've got all the info you're going to get from public sources. Do an inspection to verify it hasn't rotted into the garage floor. Seriously. If you're looking to spend north of 100K on a car, why do people get cheap about buying a 200 airplane ticket? It could be a deal.
Old 07-10-2020, 06:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6079 482CI CSX cross ram
Not Ranked     

Have you seen the car at all? the quality of the paint job? the CSX 6000 series car sells for $100k as a roller only. the motor if done RIGHT is about $20k Transmission/bellhousing/driveshaft etc is another $3500. It cost about $120k- $130k to build the car, but auction cars typically sell for a LOT Less (a very nice Kirkham with a shelby 496 CI built by Joe Felciano of Shelby engine co, joe is among the best in the buisness, just sold for $130k) that car was worth at least $170-$180k. That guy got a great deal as the seller just wanted it gone... The wild card here is the quality of the genesis motor build, If it were built by a dealer just to flip the car chances the build is not high end. I would say if you are buying the car sight un seen (truly un seen) $100k value. However the car may be worth $150-$160 if done RIGHT (a big RIGHT here) but in today's hard times (china virus and the looting BS) the auction value is about $100-$110k if it has nice paint and a decent FE build. Just my opinion.
Old 07-10-2020, 06:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

this is a 100% sight unseen. i am out of the country at this time. it is going to auction and i will be bidding by phone. i was just hoping that someone may know the car or the owner.the auction company doesn't give out much info and they do zero due diligence to get any provenance of what is crossing the block nor any guarantee.
Old 07-10-2020, 06:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP 289FIA 'English' spec.
Not Ranked     

It was mentioned (in 2010) here on ClubCobra.... Csx 6027 $75k

Good luck finding further information
Glen
Old 07-10-2020, 06:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

i saw that, there seemed to be some questions about "complicated" paper work in that thread. i would be titling the car in UTAH.
Old 07-10-2020, 06:49 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveguess View Post
i saw that, there seemed to be some questions about "complicated" paper work in that thread. i would be titling the car in UTAH.
You have to see the car in person, sit in the car, and find out why the paperwork is "complicated." Just hop on a flight, stay one night, and fly home. No big deal, and it could save you a mountain of headaches. Listen to us on this -- we've seen more stupid mistakes made on this hobby than you would ever believe.
Old 07-10-2020, 06:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

i am presently in the Turks and Caicos Islands, the border is closed until july 22nd. this is not about cheaping out on an airline ticket. it is being sold at the Mecum Indy 2020 auction on july 18th.
https://www.mecum.com/lots/SC0520-41...sx6000-series/
Old 07-10-2020, 07:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

i have bought a lot of cars sight unseen from dealers but all were normal brand cars. old muscle, modern exotics, and others but nothing like this where so many hands were involved in the build.
thing i know
shelby american good
genesis iron blocks good
top loader good
20 miles could be good/odd
one owner 20 miles odd
T&E well known
performance engineering good name / lot of experience
ebay auction 75k unsold
buying sight unseen ****ing insane
worth the risk unknown
Old 07-10-2020, 07:22 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

It's a buyer's market right now -- you won't have trouble finding a nice car. Twenty miles in eleven years is a red flag. "Complicated" paperwork isn't reassuring either. If I couldn't see it myself, or have a trusted co-conspirator see it, sit in it, and stream a feed to me, then I would pass. A 20 mile engine hasn't even been dialed in yet, so it would be hard to tell on a quick drive whether it was a crappy build or one that just needs the carb, valves, timing and plugs played with... especially if the gas is ten years old.
Old 07-10-2020, 07:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Auction is in a week. Since you can't get to it to view it. You could try to find someone qualified to do a pre-purchase inspection (PPI) (This is a real job, not just someone here driving over to give it ia visual look, for example, people that do PPIs on Ford GTs typically charge 2-3K plus expenses but they know the product right left upsidedown and backwards.)

Trust me, if the auction range is accurate there are LOTS of cars in that price range for you to choose from. Take a look at www.cobracountry.com to start.

Me, personally, I'd pass on this one and wait until you can inspect in person.

Last edited by twobjshelbys; 07-10-2020 at 07:52 PM..
Old 07-10-2020, 07:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

auction is the 18th. i bought a 70 hemi challenger out of Kansas unseen, but had a survey done first. at the auction you can do starts, but no driving and only visual inspections, no lifts are available. i don't know if anyone can tell anything from just starting it. i have a week to decide whether or not to pull the trigger on this. i'm thinking mecums and BJ move thousands of cars, if they were crap they would be out of business no?
Old 07-10-2020, 08:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveguess View Post
auction is the 18th. i bought a 70 hemi challenger out of Kansas unseen, but had a survey done first. at the auction you can do starts, but no driving and only visual inspections, no lifts are available. i don't know if anyone can tell anything from just starting it. i have a week to decide whether or not to pull the trigger on this. i'm thinking mecums and BJ move thousands of cars, if they were crap they would be out of business no?
NO! My car passed the visual inspections, started and ran across the block, but the fuel injection system was so screwed up it couldn't get out of its own way. Cost me about 10K to finally get it straightened out (including shipping the car to Roush).
Old 07-10-2020, 08:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

ouch!
Old 07-10-2020, 08:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jesus i have an F12 TDF that didn't freak me out as much as this thing is
Old 07-11-2020, 03:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKII Riverside Racer FIA
Not Ranked     

Trust your concerns, it's not like it is only one of 15 cars built. There are plenty more and there will be more for sale. 20 miles in all that time is concerning, nothing has been broken in yet or sorted out.
Old 07-11-2020, 04:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4000, 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
but the fuel injection system was so screwed up it couldn't get out of its own way. Cost me about 10K to finally get it straightened out (including shipping the car to Roush).
Yes. That's why my main motto is KISS. I like carburetors, not that I am good messing with them! OEM's have likely spent alot more time/money developing their FI systems than any aftermarket company. Same as with other automotive systems.

I would say generally the more simple you keep it, the cheaper it is in the beginning (still buying quality parts - excluding MSD), the easier it is diagnose issues, and the cheaper it is to repair. And maybe even more reliable in the long run.

Regarding CSX6027, it all depends on how much you like to gamble. Bid "top" dollar assuming everything is correct. I would bid the price of a roller + a little more, for the ? small chance there may be some major issues with engine more than anything else. I'm guessing the car really needs to be aligned by someone good.

I've had performance engineering do work for me in the past, on 2 separate occasions, and because of both of these experiences, I would not use them again, and be maybe a little hesitant about paying top dollar for anything they touched.
"After jumping into an early lead, Miles pitted for no reason. He let the entire field go by before re-entering the race. The crowd was jumping up and down as he stunned the Chevrolet drivers by easily passing the entire field to finish second behind MacDonald's other team Cobra. The Corvette people were completely demoralized."

Last edited by Anthony; 07-11-2020 at 05:03 AM..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: