Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2010, 05:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Motors, 351W, Richmond T-10 4 speed,
Not Ranked     
Default Who you got for insurance?

I called AAA today to see about a "Classic Car" quote and they said they didn't cover replicas. Since I have everything else with them, the beemer, the guzzi, the house, the toilet - you name it it's insured with them, anyways I gave them a call hours ago and they were gonna get back to me but I'm still waiting. And waiting.

So now I'm just wondering who everyone else is using, have they treated you well, are they affordable, and how have you listed your car.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: hurricane,# 1060
Not Ranked     

I use this guy Barlow insurance 951-279-4002 he is in corona ca.sent him 4 pic.of my car ,and stated it's worth ,very ez to deal with,
Old 02-04-2010, 05:27 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

I'm in Northern California and I've had my Cobra insured with Northwest Classic Insurance for 2+ years. The policy is written through Infinity Insurance and has no mileage restrictions in California. Tom is really easy to deal with.

http://www.gotinsurance.com/NW_INSUR...NTER__INC.html

http://www.gotinsurance.com/Page_5.html

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 02-04-2010, 05:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Cool, thanks guys. Dare I ask, have you had to use your policy and dealt with any red tape along the way or have they been fair and easy to deal with?
Old 02-04-2010, 06:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

State Farm.

Once you find an agent that knows how to quote it, it's a piece of cake.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Grundy. Agreed value, no annual mileage limit.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR , 5.0 Kenne Belle SuperCharged
Not Ranked     

Infinity covers all classics and replicas too
Old 02-04-2010, 10:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2914 Sunset / Titanium
Not Ranked     

I have Hagerty with agreed value. I did set a mileage limit to 2500 per year, but my daily car sees 4000 a year, so no problem there. Very reasonable compared to others and great service.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #298 427 FI
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5extc View Post
I have Hagerty with agreed value. I did set a mileage limit to 2500 per year, but my daily car sees 4000 a year, so no problem there. Very reasonable compared to others and great service.

When did you get hagerty? I tried for them a few years ago and the would not insure a cobra.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #89, KCR aluminum 427 windsor
Not Ranked     

Midwest Classic... Robbin Terry will do you right. Great service and great rates.
BDR #89- KCR aluminum 427 windsor, TKO-600
Old 02-05-2010, 07:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates, 460
Not Ranked     

I have State Farm and have had to file a claim, they went above and beyond to help. the claim was actually with the other driver's insurance but State Farm paid me up front and then went after the other company for me. Couldn't ask for better service.

I got lucky and had an agent that knew how to write up the policy when I needed it.

Brandon
Old 02-05-2010, 08:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane HM1073 Keith Craft Genesis 427FE/482 CI
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick61 View Post
Midwest Classic... Robbin Terry will do you right. Great service and great rates.
X2 for Robbin
Old 02-05-2010, 08:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #2608, Roush 427SR T-W
Not Ranked     

Just went through this with a new purchase and Robbin was above and beyond. I price checked another company. This "other" company price doubled from an email quote when I called. Robbin's price was exactly the same and lower overall!
Old 02-05-2010, 08:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5extc View Post
Got an online quote from Hagerty that was fairly reasonable. One of the guys that I work with is a Camaro guy, currently a '69 Z28, and he recommends them as well.
Still waiting on AAA. They called back late afternoon yesterday but the girl helping me had nothing to go with in the system so she was going to ask around and said she'd get back to me today. AAA has always worked well for me and like I said I've got everything else going through them, they just may not be able to cover a replica for me.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhv48 View Post
State Farm.

Once you find an agent that knows how to quote it, it's a piece of cake.
TRUTH! My agent at State Farm knows what he is doing and got me a very reasonable quote. Be sure an insure for "agreed value" to make sure that if you ever lose your baby you have the funds to replace.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydramada View Post
TRUTH! My agent at State Farm knows what he is doing and got me a very reasonable quote. Be sure an insure for "agreed value" to make sure that if you ever lose your baby you have the funds to replace.
Unfortunately, the "agreed on value" is only used to determine your value at the time of insuring it. That also determines your premiums.

The actual cash value of your car will be determined at the time of loss and will be based on the actual private seller value of your vehicle at the time of the loss. In other words, the actual cash value of your car will be its fair market selling price at the time of the loss. Generally, that is substantially less than what you paid for it.

Example: An $80,000 Mercedes is totalled after two years of ownership. This vehicle now sells used for $60,000. That is what the insurance company will pay for it. Not the original purchase price.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:41 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhv48 View Post
Unfortunately, the "agreed on value" is only used to determine your value at the time of insuring it. That also determines your premiums.

The actual cash value of your car will be determined at the time of loss and will be based on the actual private seller value of your vehicle at the time of the loss. In other words, the actual cash value of your car will be its fair market selling price at the time of the loss. Generally, that is substantially less than what you paid for it.

Example: An $80,000 Mercedes is totalled after two years of ownership. This vehicle now sells used for $60,000. That is what the insurance company will pay for it. Not the original purchase price.
From the insurance company that I use.

Agreed Value Coverage-
(is coverage where the insured and the insurance company agrees on a value of the vehicle and at the time of the loss your vehicle can not be depreciated)

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 02-06-2010, 10:07 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 'Street' Build
Not Ranked     

Let me jump in here with a question, Agreed (Stated) Value vs Actual Cash Value.

Soon I will have a Cobra to insure ( ) and I have talked with my agent and this is my understanding as to two different ways to approach insuring a car like a replica Cobra.

- If your policy has an Agreed (or Stated) value, and there is a total loss, the settlement is set at the Agreed value. Premiums are based on that amount and there are restrictions as to how the car can be used ... covered are car club events, car shows, pleasure drives and sometimes there are annual mileage restrictions. Not covered for example is use as a daily driver or commuting to and from work and there may be annual milage restrictions.

- If your policy is Actual Cash Value, and if there is a loss, the adjustor will use blue book, NADA guides or car ads to set the value of the car. However, there are no restrictions on how the car is used, in terms of miles driven or commuting to work for example.

Does this sound correct? Are there any other options?
Old 02-06-2010, 10:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: '66 Shell Valley, Original "K" Code 289
Not Ranked     

I got my blown '38 Chevy insured through Grundy at an agreed value of $45 thou. It is insured as a collector car and will never depreciate in value. The cost was $225 a year, with unlimited mileage. They would not write the Cobra. I had to get it insured through USAA which wasn't bad but it was no Grundy deal either.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane HM1073 Keith Craft Genesis 427FE/482 CI
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got the Bug View Post
From the insurance company that I use.

Agreed Value Coverage-
(is coverage where the insured and the insurance company agrees on a value of the vehicle and at the time of the loss your vehicle can not be depreciated)
Ditto on mine.

jhv48- Time to get an insurance company that knows what agreed value really means.