10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 07-30-2010, 04:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

I generally try to stay out of these types of discussions, but in good conscience I too, can no longer remain silent. Similar to Rodneym, my wife looked over my shoulder the other day while I was on CC and she saw Patrick's avatar. The look on her face said it all and I was devastated. She hasn't spoken about the incident and I am still searching for the words to try and explain. I can't help but wonder how many others this has happened to.

PS: I always thought Jamo's avatar carried a nice, socially responsible anti-drug message - say no to crack!!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...

Last edited by Buzz; 07-30-2010 at 04:56 AM..
Old 07-30-2010, 04:56 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Awww, Buzz... it's not like you to pile on.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

It's not personal Pat, but sometimes a man just has to stand up and add his voice to the chorus of those courageous brothers and sisters who are standing up against evil and crying out for what is right.
(REal cobraphiles all over the world place their right hands over their hearts and turn their eyes heavenward while inspirational music cues in the background)

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

Last edited by Buzz; 07-30-2010 at 05:13 AM..
Old 07-30-2010, 05:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

So I have to ask... was it the dogs fornicating that was so upsetting or was it the puking? I know it was horrible to watch but it was just God's precious little creatures doing what they do. Maybe it was because they were Pit Bulls and you'd all feel differently if they were Poodles. That's profiling.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance SPF#2572, 427 S/O 2X4
Not Ranked     

Why should they have to go to the user settings and turn off the avatars themselves, or god forbid, be responsible and actually watch what their children are doing and seeing? It is soooo much easier to ***** about it and blame somebody else for their shortcomings as a parent.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:32 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by timsullivan View Post
Computerworks: In answer to your request you can't receive any more private messages as your mailbox is full. I suspect you are receiving lots of feedback on offensive avatars. What the heck. Let me go public. I find the avatars used by both Jamo with his silly and disgusting picture of the human ass and 392Cobra's bouncing boobs offensive. Clearly something I wouldn't want others to see who might visit this otherwise wonderful website. Can we get them both removed from the site? Surely both these gentlemen could find less offensive avatars to use. Granted neither of these were as disgusting and revolting as the humping dog that got very sick but just the same--disgusting enough to warrant removal from the site.

-Tim
Tim,
I share your opinion.

Before i finished reading your REPLY, I could predict what was about to be launched your way. I received a similar response about 18 months ago when I objected to him "phuking" over and over and over in a thread.

It's his town. We're just visitors.

David
Old 07-30-2010, 05:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 601HP View Post
Tim,
I objected to him "phuking" over and over...

David
That's exactly what one of my ex girlfriends said when she left me a few years ago. She was a nice girl from a good family. Maybe someone should tell Jamo those little blue pills aren't candy. That might slow him down a bit.

Old 07-30-2010, 05:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B 427 Stroked Windsor TKO 600 w/3.50 posi 9"
Not Ranked     

So much for asking people to act like adults.
Nothing is out of line except for animal treatment.
"Obscentity is the sign of a weak mind trying to express itself"

Uh oh, here it comes!
Old 07-30-2010, 06:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yes, and don't forget the dual rollbars. Those are cruel and offensive too

Old 07-30-2010, 06:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LSC427, 427DartSHP
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamo View Post
Well, thanks for leaving off with the examples where you did.
I hope everyone realized I was kidding. I forget to use the obligatory smilies at times.

And what I meant by 'inappropriate' was I thought the dog clip just had no bearing on the thread at all. I did not get the context of it, and other than that I really did not care.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

Will everyone please lighten up a bit. I personally would like to see more risque Avatars. But that's just me.

If you object to what you see, then you have the option of either turning off the avatar feature or finding another site that is not offensive to you.

The site is what it is. If you don't like it, either adjust or leave. You do have a choice.

And if bouncing boobs is offensive to you and your family, you better stay away from TV, movies, your computer, shopping malls or local middle schools.

And yes, you do have every right to express your concerns. And we have every right to comment on them.

Political correctness is not going to happen on this site any time soon. I hope!

Last edited by jhv48; 07-30-2010 at 07:12 AM..
Old 07-30-2010, 07:16 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Paint:Metalflakes Royal and Abalone stripes registered in France in 1973. Engine: Ford Shelby aluminium block, 482; two 4-barrels 600cfm Holley; Edelbrock Performer Aluminium heads,,fluid damper,4-speeds Aluminium Toploader (short), 2.88rear
Send a message via Skype™ to BOURRET
Not Ranked     

I never saw an avatar that I considered offensive. It is a fact that some are not appropriated concerning a car site but let everyone represents himself as he wish.
Allow freedom.
Dogs, cats in the streets or in the country can show behavior that children also see. Also, some monkeys in zoo or horses have attitudes that would offense sensitive souls. All this is a part of the learning process that made us grow and without psychological trauma.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIA Mike View Post
My vote: Puking dogs no. Bouncing boobs hell yes!
Cars and boobs belongs together - all the other ugly stuff like Jamo's a$$ and other non delicate pictures should be avoided!

Ever since the beginning of the car history lovely woman have been associated with cars to attract men... all the other disgusting stuff is either due to a immature young kid og a stupid wannabee...
Old 07-30-2010, 07:21 AM
Senior ClubCobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotics
Not Ranked     

What a silly thread this is. Your on a web site that is for men with cars. You know it has avatars that offend you and you consider inappropriate. You put your children in harms-way by visiting the site. You have a way to remove the offending avatars. Then you get on the web site's case for it's content.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:25 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul F View Post
What a silly thread this is. Your on a web site that is for men with cars. You know it has avatars that offend you and you consider inappropriate. You put your children in harms-way by visiting the site. You have a way to remove the offending avatars. Then you get on the web site's case for it's content.
... not to mention unnecessarily ragging on a guy that bends over backwards to help others, posts informative threads, and almost never bothers anybody about anything.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:29 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
My 11 year old son walked in on me while on cc. Sure enough, there was patrickt's avatar. He asked me why some people do that to their Cobra. I wasn't quite ready to have that talk with him just yet.
They grow up so fast.
rodneym,,,, chuckle, snort, that was funny.

Jamo's AV has a nice history to it, just wouldn't be the same around here without it. The funniest was the pic of Jamo in Brents Abarth looking for the doughnuts. That one still "cracks" me up... Or as someone once said, "Is that a cracked windshield?"

Last edited by Excaliber; 07-30-2010 at 07:33 AM..
Old 07-30-2010, 09:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
... not to mention unnecessarily ragging on a guy that bends over backwards to help others, posts informative threads, and almost never bothers anybody about anything.
....and you're talking about???
Old 07-30-2010, 09:34 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
And don't forget the hand modeling.

I think most of your "informative threads" are just a cover, or a balancing act, for your insults of every other brand or manufacturer of Cobra other than ERA. You accrue goodwill and then spend it.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
UNDY

....and you're talking about???
He's probably talking about Jamo. Hey you jerks! Quit ragging on Jamo!!

Old 07-30-2010, 09:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 with 331 KC
Not Ranked     
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4pipes View Post
Don't you just love harmonic motion........hypnotizing!

LOL!

Actually harmonic motion is when things move in harmony and I would like to point out that bouncing breasts are one of the few things on gods green earth that have zero harmony. They go every direction, at will, with no discernably repeated cycle. Especially true when the owner is running. It is as if each breast is on a different chest and they are doing different activities.

I have studied this.
Closed Thread