Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   Shelby CSX price increase! (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/107263-shelby-csx-price-increase.html)

RichardCSX6000 10-16-2010 07:11 AM

Shelby CSX price increase!

Going up 10K December 1,10

grybrd123 10-16-2010 07:31 AM

Where is this info from (got a URL for it?), and for which models?

Roger Cormier 10-16-2010 09:02 AM

So what will the MSRP be on a "base equipped" CSX ?

SP01715 10-16-2010 09:20 AM

Good luck in this economy...

rodneym 10-16-2010 09:56 AM

Quite a bump, don't ya think?
Get em while they're........cheap?:JEKYLHYDE
rodneym

kayakjack 10-16-2010 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sp01715 (Post 1084181)
good luck in this economy...

+1

RodKnock 10-16-2010 11:47 AM

From Steven Becker, a CSX dealer, in March 2010:

"And, oh yes, if you are a factory authorized Shelby Cobra dealer and you sell a CSX roller for less then MSRP ($ 49,995.00 + options) you will lose your dealership - It is very closely watched by SAI and Shelby licensing."

That would put them at $59,995 plus options.

Kirkham is still selling their unpainted, unpolished, but optioned Cobras for $56,995. :rolleyes: :confused: :p

gsharapa 10-16-2010 12:37 PM

Pretty big increase for not getting anything additional! Guess we'll see how the market reacts to that......

Rick Parker 10-16-2010 12:54 PM

I've heard of Trade Marking or incorporating your name, but why charge yourself a Licensing fee:LOL::JEKYLHYDE

Rick Parker 10-16-2010 12:56 PM

I've heard of Trade Marking or incorporating your name, but why charge yourself a Licensing fee:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Oh maybe that's the Obama plan? Call it CHANGE..............

cobrakalas427 10-16-2010 01:08 PM

If they increase the base price by $10K, they pretty much seem to be telling any and all potential CSX buyers to take a hike and go elsewhere...In this economy, sheesh!

csx wnab 10-16-2010 03:10 PM

why would anyone spend 59k for a shelby when someone would be smart to buy my superformance for 65k? complete. fully optioned out.

cobrakiwi 10-16-2010 04:34 PM

Two things
Shelby and CSX

mdross1 10-17-2010 08:55 AM

Thankfully my kit is all I will ever need.It has been a pure joy to own,gets noticed whenever and where ever I go.The "is a kit question" has never bothered me! Those that ask about the kit would ask about the new cars.Getting my money back was never an issue simply because I feel lucky to have had the Cobra experience,and one I built myself.Hope the increase works the way they intend for it to work.

csx wnab 10-17-2010 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobrakiwi (Post 1084240)
Two things
Shelby and CSX

amazing, is'nt it.

65SC 10-19-2010 01:09 PM

SA had to up the price because they are running out customers to buy their over price bolt on Super Snakes and GT350's packages.

jhv48 10-19-2010 01:28 PM

Shelby has stated over and over that the money isn't in selling Cobras. It's in the parts business. Which he is going whole hog after the Mustang clientele. The CSX series is not his bread and butter and I think he is basically saying "if you want one, you'll have to pay the price." "Otherwise, I will be making a fortune outfitting Mustangs and selling performance parts for them." Much bigger audience.

Gotta go where the money is. And it isn't in selling Cobras.

SoTxButler 10-19-2010 01:35 PM

This is good news.

I say encourage him to take the price as high as he can go...it can only drag our cars along with them. It may take a while, but the economy will someday improve and when it does, our cars will be worth more. Afterall, we can offer as good a car as he can except for those two things....Shelby and CSX.

berzerko 10-19-2010 04:11 PM

Here's a quote from the shelby lawsuit against factory five which was dismissed

"Furthermore, we find no meaningful
distinction between what applicant often refers to as a
continuation, on the one hand, and a replica, on the other
hand. Both applicant’s “continuations” and the third-party
replicas are being sold principally in kit form. It is
evident that both are intended to replicate the original
1960s Cobras, including the Cobra 427 S/C."

I feel that from a sales stand point why not charge as much as the customer is willing to pay for a shelby product. Personally I would get a kirkham if I were in the market for a 100k plus car and could care less about the csx #
Just my 2 cents

Bobby

Bill Bess 10-20-2010 06:16 AM

If you wait about 50 years, have no miles on it, and it is perfect condition...you might get your money back. Only the original 1000 or so Shelbys are worth the big bucks, and thats if your a millionaire.
Every Cobra CSX or replica I see for sale is rarely sold for more than it cost originally, get real.