23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2010, 03:02 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Never really thought about it, but I'd lean toward male I reckon, with the Cobra.

...my Miata, in comparison, must be a she. Now my SLK Benz is a neutered something or other.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:00 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FIA #2100 Rio Red Wimbledon White Stripes 302 stroked to 331 Webers Richmond Road Race 5 speed
Not Ranked     

With all the curves, I look at cars and women as works of art! Deffinately a "SHE" with high maintenance!
Old 12-28-2010, 08:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance aluminum427
Not Ranked     
Default Why a She

Because its Beautiful to look at and can get you in trouble in a heart beat, every time I open my garage I say Hello Baby an smile.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Butler Cobra. 350 Chevy Engine, blueprinted, heads cc'd, ported, polished, manifolds matched, big valves, 1.6 roller rockers, TB Injected, mild cam, MSD crank trigger electronic ignition. TKO-600 transmission. XKE Jaguar rear. IFS by Fast Cars
Not Ranked     

One of the most common expressions I hear when around a Cobra is, "Wow! that is a beautiful car" Or words that elicit a similar meaning with the focus on Beautiful. So "she" works well for me. Even though she may be referred to as a beast and everything else under the sun.

He is beautiful?

Or is she really a hermaphrodite?

Arthur
Old 12-29-2010, 03:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Have a couple of ideas on this

Like others have said, as well as my other half, "SHE" more important to you and me. You spend more time with "HER" than me. Before a race you spent more time sleeping with "HER" than me. You will drive 1,500 miles to race but don't want to go 8 miles to Denny's, Olive Garden, Red Lopster, Rubie Tuesdays. He do go maybe if it's HOOTERS.
Main reason for "SHE" name is 95% of the men I know are NOT GAY. It's a man thing and this applys to cars, boats, Airplanes BIG TIME in WW2, guns for gun nuts, and dogs.
A cobra is like a woman, Hard to handle, Impossible to reason with, Costly in every way, Has every other man looking at her, Moody as hell, Leaves you cold on the side of the road in the dark after a wine and dine repair session, and just keeps hanging that carrot out in front of you to come out and "PLAY". Basicly she is a drug and we are all controlled to some degree by "HER". You say "Whos' your daddy". Her reply is "who my biatch". It's all good in the end.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FRR MKIII 408w
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick lake View Post
like others have said, as well as my other half, "she" more important to you and me. You spend more time with "her" than me. Before a race you spent more time sleeping with "her" than me. You will drive 1,500 miles to race but don't want to go 8 miles to denny's, olive garden, red lopster, rubie tuesdays. He do go maybe if it's hooters.
Main reason for "she" name is 95% of the men i know are not gay. It's a man thing and this applys to cars, boats, airplanes big time in ww2, guns for gun nuts, and dogs.
A cobra is like a woman, hard to handle, impossible to reason with, costly in every way, has every other man looking at her, moody as hell, leaves you cold on the side of the road in the dark after a wine and dine repair session, and just keeps hanging that carrot out in front of you to come out and "play". Basicly she is a drug and we are all controlled to some degree by "her". You say "whos' your daddy". Her reply is "who my biatch". It's all good in the end.
perfect explanation...end of discussion.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Wicked Evil mean and nasty,when raising a little cain,otherwise the Cobra!
Old 12-29-2010, 01:08 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Paint:Metalflakes Royal and Abalone stripes registered in France in 1973. Engine: Ford Shelby aluminium block, 482; two 4-barrels 600cfm Holley; Edelbrock Performer Aluminium heads,,fluid damper,4-speeds Aluminium Toploader (short), 2.88rear
Send a message via Skype™ to BOURRET
Not Ranked     

In french, objects have a gender either masculin (male) or feminin (female). . We do not have the "neutral" gender similar to "it" to name non living objects.
To resume: elle (she), la ("the" )used for a feminine object
All car names are with the feminin gender. So when we talk about a car, we say:"La Cobra" as we would say: la Corvette, la Peugeot, la Jaguar...
Old 12-29-2010, 05:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft BDR 970, Roush 427SR
Not Ranked     

She is far more appropriate to me. "She" is the object of my affection, as a wife, daughter, or mistriss. "He" could never fit that description.

"She" makes me happy, sounds better to me than, "he" makes me happy. I just feel gay saying it. Not that there is anything wrong about being gay, it's just not my thing.

Also, as it has been said before, a Cobra's curves are more reminiscent of a womens body. Nice round rear end, small waist, and supple front parts. It's a SHE!
Old 12-29-2010, 07:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2984 MK111, Roush 511 IR FE 8 Stack, Dynoed: [flywheel] 572HP at 6000 , 556# Torque at 4700, Bowler 4R70W Auto Transmision. Tires: Mickey T's S/R 26.0x10.0x15.0 F ,26.0x12.0x15.0 R Color, Bleck, because they told me it was Bleck, at the factory.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanog View Post
Need I say more!!
Stefanog, good on yer, I never really thought about it that way, but that said and please do not take any offense, I guess you have had your fair share of the, arrr, ahem, ladies, to point that out, huh? Cheers, tin-man
Old 12-29-2010, 07:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2984 MK111, Roush 511 IR FE 8 Stack, Dynoed: [flywheel] 572HP at 6000 , 556# Torque at 4700, Bowler 4R70W Auto Transmision. Tires: Mickey T's S/R 26.0x10.0x15.0 F ,26.0x12.0x15.0 R Color, Bleck, because they told me it was Bleck, at the factory.
Not Ranked     
Default Classic, yes sir, classic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
Because she wore a bra...albeit a transparent one!
Yep, now I can see how its all coming together........ tin-man
Old 12-29-2010, 07:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arps/Burroughs/Hurricane/428FE
Not Ranked     

It's fast,... throws you around, makes your arms tired, your ears hurt and your nose bleed. It rides like a plank with gummy sticky wheels and is hard to manage when you stress it to the max. ....HMMMMM! I guess it could be a women.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOURRET View Post
In french, objects have a gender either masculin (male) or feminin (female). . We do not have the "neutral" gender similar to "it" to name non living objects.
To resume: elle (she), la ("the" )used for a feminine object
All car names are with the feminin gender. So when we talk about a car, we say:"La Cobra" as we would say: la Corvette, la Peugeot, la Jaguar...
Bourret.................so just out of curiosity what gender would you give to a
M1A1 / M1A2 Abrams Main Battle Tank? tin-man
Old 12-29-2010, 07:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bess View Post
It's fast,... throws you around, makes your arms tired, your ears hurt and your nose bleed. It rides like a plank with gummy sticky wheels and is hard to manage when you stress it to the max. ....HMMMMM! I guess it could be a women.
Bill sound like you have spent some time in China, particularly the north of China. tin-man
Old 12-29-2010, 10:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin-man View Post
Bourret.................so just out of curiosity what gender would you give to a
M1A1 / M1A2 Abrams Main Battle Tank? tin-man
Here in Finland we have only neutral genre in our lanquage. So tank is tank and cobra is cobra.

But if you ask that is cobra male or femal 95% will say that female. And this because when you look that body shape you just can't say that is male.

jberg
Old 12-30-2010, 05:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arps/Burroughs/Hurricane/428FE
Not Ranked     

No time in China. The Cobra is a nasty beast and very scary...but she is so beautiful.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Ford GT's are referred to as "the gals".
Old 12-30-2010, 07:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
Ford GT's are referred to as "the gals".
OK I'll bite, why? tin-man
Old 12-30-2010, 08:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin-man View Post
OK I'll bite, why? tin-man
Kind of like why Cobras are "she's" -- Temperamental and sometimes high maintenance ?
Old 12-30-2010, 09:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Wife calls the Cobra "Selena the sanctioned mistress" because I spend as much time and money on her as if I had one.