21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
Old 01-20-2011, 08:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2007 BDR FR Boss 302
Not Ranked     
Smile CSX 1001 at Russo and Steele

Saw a red Shelby Cobra CSX # 1001. States this is an original Shelby Cobra owned by Carroll Shelby. I later determined this Cobra was built in 2004 or so. This is one of the orig recreations using the orig parts if I remember correctly. Is this correct? Any info on this Cobra would be appreciated.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:15 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQCYCLEWERKES View Post
Saw a red Shelby Cobra CSX # 1001. States this is an original Shelby Cobra owned by Carroll Shelby. I later determined this Cobra was built in 2004 or so. This is one of the orig recreations using the orig parts if I remember correctly. Is this correct? Any info on this Cobra would be appreciated.
No, not original...not built with original parts.

The CSX1000 series were special alloy cars done a few years ago...that were sourced from a UK panel shop, pounded out in a similar manner as the old ones were...but built as a replica with all new components.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:29 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 351W, T5, Red & White
Not Ranked     

From Russo & Steele:

http://www.russoandsteele.com/collec...7-CSX1001/6223

They refer to the Cobra as 1965
Old 01-20-2011, 08:31 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
From Russo & Steele:
They refer to the Cobra as 1965
Doesn't everybody?
Old 01-20-2011, 08:37 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 351W, T5, Red & White
Not Ranked     

Effective 10-1-09, CT has a Model Year Registration law for any kit/replica cars, " Model year is the year the body most closely resembles ".........soon to have a number of 1965 or 1966 or 1932 to 1934 etc etc

However, make remains as Composite, CT name for kit cars/replicas
Old 01-20-2011, 09:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289FIA 2131, 331 stroker by Dan Dalena with 48 IDAs by Jim Inglese, AC Cars AC8 "Rosso Chiaro" (PPG Nexa code FG39) by Connecticut Custom
Not Ranked     

The "original" Carroll Shelby title was dated 2006.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPO 2715
Not Ranked     

Original Lakewood scatter shield, where do you get those NOS?

E
Old 01-20-2011, 06:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Was there today , my Uncle said " Hey a real cobra owned by Carrol Shelby himself ! " its even " confusing " in person . Besides that great collection of cars . I liked the selection of cars better than BJ . BJ had had the Vegas thing going for it , kinda like a expo with tons of venders , some even car related lol.
sdr
Old 01-20-2011, 06:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Agree, BJ becoming more a event to be seen at that anything else. Way too much Hollywood going on there. The cars don't seem to have the quality as they once did. I think Russo and Steele have the better cars this year. Not too many Cobras at either auction though. Probably 6 to 8 at each auction. Most are CSX models but found 1 guy who had a CR cobra. Said he thinks it will sell for $80,000 to $120,000. It did have a FE 427 in it. Couldn't tell if it was a top or side oiler though. I didn't want to tell the guy his sale price estimation was high, just wished him luck in the auction. I'll have to keep an eye on thisw one to see what it seels for. I can't see it going for more the $50,000, but I hope I'm wrong.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Early Contemporary 427SC w/ '66 427s.o. (car built in '79) by Snow White Rods (Fresno, CA); XKE Series II front/rear suspension (AMP lower A-arms/half shafts), CWI rebuilt IRS, 4-spd Toploader, PS Engineering knock-off rims.
Send a message via AIM to gjcomb Send a message via Skype™ to gjcomb
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Agree, BJ becoming more a event to be seen at that anything else. Way too much Hollywood going on there. The cars don't seem to have the quality as they once did. I think Russo and Steele have the better cars this year. Not too many Cobras at either auction though. Probably 6 to 8 at each auction. Most are CSX models but found 1 guy who had a CR cobra. Said he thinks it will sell for $80,000 to $120,000. It did have a FE 427 in it. Couldn't tell if it was a top or side oiler though. I didn't want to tell the guy his sale price estimation was high, just wished him luck in the auction. I'll have to keep an eye on thisw one to see what it seels for. I can't see it going for more the $50,000, but I hope I'm wrong.
I was at Russo and Steele today to check out what cars were available. Were you referring to a yellow Cobra that had 4-5 trophies sitting on the passenger seat? The car is a Mid-States Cobra replica - I spoke to the owner briefly - he mentioned the same pricing estimate ($80-120K).

He was selling the car to start work on another Cobra. I stuck around to see what this puppy would end at.

Initial bidding started at $70k, but went backwards until $20k; a few seconds later it went up to $45K-$52k and figured it would not go up any further. There was a reserve that the owner wanted to get - $62k.

Final bidding price was...$70K - SSSooolllddd!!
Old 01-21-2011, 03:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Was that a Mid-States Cobra? I thought the Classic Roadster was the only model that had the extended side doors. The firewall looks identical to a CR also. I crawled underneath and the frame looks like a CR too. The dash looked different though as it was extended down in the center area to mount a radio. The owner told me it was a Classic Roadster also, so I'm now confused. Its not above me to be incorrect when it comes to these Cobras. When I looked at the Cobra, the trophys were in the front of the car. The Cobra also had silver stripes. Did we look at the same Cobra? I think there was only 1 yellow Cobra there.

Last edited by BBQCYCLEWERKES; 01-21-2011 at 04:00 AM..
Old 01-21-2011, 07:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPO 2715
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjcomb View Post
I was at Russo and Steele today to check out what cars were available. Were you referring to a yellow Cobra that had 4-5 trophies sitting on the passenger seat? The car is a Mid-States Cobra replica - I spoke to the owner briefly - he mentioned the same pricing estimate ($80-120K).

He was selling the car to start work on another Cobra. I stuck around to see what this puppy would end at.

Initial bidding started at $70k, but went backwards until $20k; a few seconds later it went up to $45K-$52k and figured it would not go up any further. There was a reserve that the owner wanted to get - $62k.

I do not understand that (I am not bashing Mid-States), how is a Mid-States worth $70K? I would think you could buy a normal Mid-States for 20-40K.

E
Old 01-21-2011, 07:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjcomb View Post

are you kidding me !!!!! I saw that , it wasn't that nice . didn't a E.R.A. sell last year for $30k . Saw same thing at BJ ; Cobra with a mustang 2 front end and brutal dash went for $42.9 (believe it at least had a date correct 427 , but a auto ) ..........what gives ?
SDR

Last edited by somedayaurora; 01-21-2011 at 07:52 AM..
Old 01-21-2011, 07:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #2119 289FIA
Not Ranked     

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

sorry Karl was it /is it now yours ?
sdr
Old 01-21-2011, 08:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Smile

Looked at the pictures on the Russo & Steele website. Car did sell yesterday. From all the pictures, It does appear to be a Classic Roadster. The owner also told me it was a Classic Roadster when I questioned him. Wow, I can't believe it sold for $70,000. With the buyers premium, that puts the purchase price at $77.000 if they have the same buyer premium charge of 10% of the sale price like BJ. I know it had a year correct 427 side oiler, but still $70,000 seems high. I guess the economy is coming back or the auction frenzy is still alive.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

Classis Roadsters had two different OEM type dashes. One straight across, with the supporting lower arms.

The other dash an option had a dash that wrapped around both corners of the dash to the doors and a center piece that went all the way down to the tunnel. This area was made for #1 Heater controls
#2 was for mounting a radio- although a builder could use the extra space for what ever was wanted.
DV
PS. The Basic Mid-STATES NOR CONTEMPORARY had the extended doors like CR's

Last edited by Double Venom; 01-21-2011 at 09:26 AM..
Old 01-22-2011, 04:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Early Contemporary 427SC w/ '66 427s.o. (car built in '79) by Snow White Rods (Fresno, CA); XKE Series II front/rear suspension (AMP lower A-arms/half shafts), CWI rebuilt IRS, 4-spd Toploader, PS Engineering knock-off rims.
Send a message via AIM to gjcomb Send a message via Skype™ to gjcomb
Not Ranked     
Cool

Quote:
Was that a Mid-States Cobra? I thought the Classic Roadster was the only model that had the extended side doors. The firewall looks identical to a CR also. I crawled underneath and the frame looks like a CR too. The dash looked different though as it was extended down in the center area to mount a radio. The owner told me it was a Classic Roadster also, so I'm now confused. Its not above me to be incorrect when it comes to these Cobras. When I looked at the Cobra, the trophys were in the front of the car. The Cobra also had silver stripes. Did we look at the same Cobra? I think there was only 1 yellow Cobra there.
BBQCYCLEWERKES;
I could have been mistaken on the builder, since we were nearby the tent where the auctions were taken place (loud bidder), but I thought that he mentioned Mid-States to me (he also mentioned that he did not build the car)...he sure had a lot of trophies sitting in the passenger seat!!
I really wanted to hear what final price this car would bring in, and so I made it a point to stick around the main tent and wait to see what happened.

The final numbers were accurate on the screen - $70k. The reserve on the car by the owner was $62 or $62.5k, and when the bid went above this, the bidders were screaming all over the place that the reserve was met, the reserve was met.
Old 01-22-2011, 06:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance SPO2820 408W; former ERA CCX 3-3408 owner
Not Ranked     
Default Stupid money....

Guess this just proves the rule that at most of these car auctions guys with more money than brains spend "stupid money".....
Old 01-22-2011, 07:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: csx4163 full comp alu. body
Not Ranked     

Looks like my Bennett space frame cobra is going up in value if classic cobra brings $77,000.00 and superformance is listed for $66,900.00 here on club cobra. Thats a good thing, one less thing to worry about.