If you could do that would be great.

Aj
Old 03-21-2011, 12:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Holliday Motorsport/396 GM / 4 speed / Jag rearend
Not Ranked     
Wink

That black outline cobra looks great. The - Got Snake? - is very good as well. Maybe we could have options? Looks like there may be enough interest to make it a couple of different ways. I think we all agree that we want the shirts no matter what and to get it the way we individually want it would be worth a little more to us. For goodness sake don't stop making progress and let's get it going. The back could be the same on all but the front could go with nothing or outline cobra drawing or GOT SNAKE?
Old 03-21-2011, 01:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FIA #2114
Not Ranked     

Just sent you a e-mail with the image attached.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

We are going to have to find where it originated to be able to use it. This copyright stuff can be touchy. I don't see where anybody could lay claim to it but you never know.

"Copyright law applies to an original, expressive work; while it is theoretically possible to claim copyright to a short sentence or slogan, it is very unlikely that you'd ever be able to enforce such a copyright.

Trademark law applies to words and phrases that are identified with a specific company's products or services. See http://uspto.gov/ for more information.
Source(s):
http://uspto.gov/"

This drawing is better than the other one I was intending to use. There has to be a lawyer on these forums that could chime in.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Where did you get the "paragraph" of all the writing?

We don't want a bigger government; We want a government that does a few BIG things, and does them right.

If you think that you can cut it, if you think you got the time, they'll only give you one chance, better get it right first time. 'Cause in this game you're playin, if you lose you got to pay. And if you make just ONE wrong move, you'll get BLOWN AWAY!
Old 03-23-2011, 08:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cutting Edge Replicas, 427 World block SBF, TWM Injection
Not Ranked     

So, what does the final front of the t-shirt look like?
Shell Valley Daytona #27
Old 03-23-2011, 10:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_SN888KE View Post
So, what does the final front of the t-shirt look like?
It is going to be a line drawing of the red car I posted earlier in the thread. It will have the lettering of "GOT SNAKE?" below it. The car and or the lettering can be left off. I liked the image that Cobra Keith posted up a little better but I couldn't find the owner or origin of it. I have the rights to this one. I tried to re-post it but the forums won't allow it.

I will post up the file when I get it back from the graphics guys. I will also be sending out an order confirmation as soon as we get all the who's who straightened out and the total count is in, probably by the weekend or first part of next week.

A couple of you have asked about the status of the shirts and I answered but you didn't get the emails. Check your junk files . If you still haven't heard from me, resend your questions to my main email redmt@netvelocite.net

One more thing, please give me your screen name as well in your emails. Sorting out some of the aliases has been a challenge.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Please tell us where you got that "paragraph" on the shirt, from the first post.

We don't want a bigger government; We want a government that does a few BIG things, and does them right.

If you think that you can cut it, if you think you got the time, they'll only give you one chance, better get it right first time. 'Cause in this game you're playin, if you lose you got to pay. And if you make just ONE wrong move, you'll get BLOWN AWAY!
Old 03-24-2011, 10:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharroll Celby View Post
Please tell us where you got that "paragraph" on the shirt, from the first post.
I don't know where 67Jet got the original t shirt from, but the same saying is on several shirts from a couple different places. As far as I can tell it has no copyright issues that I can find. The http://uspto.gov/ has no record of it.

Is this what your worried about?

John
Old 03-24-2011, 10:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates, 351C 4V
Not Ranked     
Default 2004 Automobile Magazine

In 2004 Automobile Magazine said it best: "There's nothing nice about a Cobra, it's stripped down to the essentials - a big engine, a small car, and four wide tires trying to keep the whole business on the pavement. It's loud, smells like gasoline, and shakes, shudders, and bucks. It makes your arms tired and your feet hot. You nearly crash about once every ten minutes. It's so damn wonderful you can't believe it."
Old 03-24-2011, 10:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe #139
Not Ranked     

Just a warning, if you post that you are producing anything with the C word and do not have a license from the old chicken farmer, you are opening yourself up to a lawsuit. Been there, done that... Hell, they even complained because I had "Suite 427" as a joke in my address...

Ford owns the copyright to the C word and the chicken farmer licenses it's use from them. As such, they are required to protect it's use... If you have any doubts, contact a shark named Neil M. Cummings, he likes sending out C&D's for anyone using the C-word... I'll dig up his contact info if you need it.

Not trying to rain on your parade, just trying to save you some money in the long run...

FFR4784CP The only Daytona Coupe with a "Falk'n Bubble"
http://www.replicapromotions.com
Old 03-24-2011, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Damn good advice.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfalk View Post
Just a warning, if you post that you are producing anything with the C word and do not have a license from the old chicken farmer, you are opening yourself up to a lawsuit. Been there, done that... Hell, they even complained because I had "Suite 427" as a joke in my address...

Ford owns the copyright to the C word and the chicken farmer licenses it's use from them. As such, they are required to protect it's use... If you have any doubts, contact a shark named Neil M. Cummings, he likes sending out C&D's for anyone using the C-word... I'll dig up his contact info if you need it.

Not trying to rain on your parade, just trying to save you some money in the long run...
I'm gonna take one last shot at this. If I can get license to the word Cobra, I'll go for it. If not I'll scrap the whole idea. I already own the design for the front so that's not an issue. Of course, I can produce anything I want if I give them away.

Please send me contact in for for the law shark dude.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe #139
Not Ranked     

I replied to your PM and I'll dig up the contact info when I get home tonight.

Unless you are going to produce a lot of stuff, I don't think it's economically feasable for us small guys to license the use of his name. Shame because there are a lot of good ideas out there... They've gone after just about everyone who has the C word in their name, not sure how/why some still are able to use it but it's not my field, I'm just a small embroiderer/DTG printer.

FFR4784CP The only Daytona Coupe with a "Falk'n Bubble"
http://www.replicapromotions.com
Old 03-24-2011, 06:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Here is what I have found out so far. I've been reading so much legal crap ,,,,,,,,,,,, If you use the words , Shelby, Gt anything or almost anything at all in conjunction with the word Cobra then it's protected. I read all the briefs by SPF and FF5 and what the outcome was there. I CAN NOT find where the use of the single word COBRA, standing alone, has any copy or trademarks. There are tons of "cobra" companies from cars to insurance and even the snake itself. This isn't my line of smarts but I'm doing the best I can to determine whether or not we can do this t-shirt project.

As of now, the art work is on hold awaiting an outcome. The design for the front logo is mine so that can be used . In fact, I turned it into an embroidery file for hats and it looks pretty good. I had thought about offering them alongside the T-shirts in a package deal if anyone was interested.

John

Last edited by computerworks; 03-25-2011 at 05:44 AM.. Reason: discretion
Old 03-24-2011, 10:54 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Here ya go: Link to Club Cobra
Old 03-25-2011, 12:00 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1473 392 cu.in. titanium/black stripes
Not Ranked     

LMAO! Someone had to do it.
-Bob
Old 03-25-2011, 03:51 AM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 1311 428PI
Not Ranked     

Jamo you nasty bastige!
Old 03-25-2011, 06:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamo View Post
Here ya go: Link to Club Cobra
This is the time where I won't piss off the moderator with an equally smart ass answer! I will however hang on the the link in case I should ever have to take you to lunch.

Last edited by redmt; 03-25-2011 at 06:25 AM.. Reason: incomplete
Old 03-25-2011, 12:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I'm taking this off the forums. It's getting way way to cluttered and confusing. If you DID NOT get a private email from me. Send me an email to redmt@netvelocite.net