Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by decooney View Post
Hi Doug,

Ask Jamo, my days of super jam packed event schedules and coordination have sort of gone by the wayside to a less formal approach while on vacation. The new approach is, "Hey lets get our tickets and we'll see you there sometime close to when the gates open."

LMFAO

It's a multi-step process...but you'll make it.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:20 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: owned Kirkham for 11 years
Not Ranked     

Doug,
My car is still silver.

Maurice
Old 08-07-2012, 11:04 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by maurice19 View Post
Doug,
My car is still silver.

Maurice
Same here. Maybe it's time for a change though.

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 08-07-2012, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by maurice19 View Post
Doug,
My car is still silver.

Maurice
So you washed it?
Old 08-07-2012, 12:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF_R_/BRG/FRBoss302/327CI/FordEFI/Under_Car_Exh/
Not Ranked     

We will be on display at the Shelby / Superformance Truck with our Cobra Roadster and our DAYTONA COUPE --# 54 is ALIVE !!!!
Steve SPF 2734 MK3 / Brock Coupe #54- panavia.com
Old 08-07-2012, 12:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I will be showing my car at the Concorso. Tungsten gray FFR with pearl white racing stripes. I'll probably be passed out in a lawn chair with a beer in my hand...
Old 08-07-2012, 03:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates 427SC-351C- 24 years old !!!!!
Not Ranked     

Be there FRI- SUN- In paddock
Larry G.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:57 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: owned Kirkham for 11 years
Not Ranked     

Good one, Jamo
See you there
Maurice
Old 08-08-2012, 07:20 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

One week away til Monterey! We hope to cross paths with some of you during our stay:

Wed: Arrivals
Thur: Ocean Ave @ Carmel at Noon; Monterey/PG night cruise
Fri: Concorso Italiano @ Laguna Golf
Sat: Cobra Reunion @ Laguna Seca Track
Sun: Maybe a last minute Highway 1 South drive
Evenings: Auctions, walkabout Monterey Fri, Sat.

Look for a pack of Cobras, GT40s, Brock Daytona and a Lister. Our little WSCG sub-group of 20 hopes to run in to you during the week and Saturday.

Last edited by decooney; 08-08-2012 at 07:50 AM..
Old 08-08-2012, 09:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Remember, it will be very hot at the track and there is very little shade. So bring lots of water, sun block and a hat. If anyone is able to bring an ez-up canopy in another vehicle, please do so. There is so little shade at the track, so any one that can set up some canopies to share with the other Cobra owners would be much appreciated.

Also again, the main entrance is not used for these big races. Entrances are on Canyon Del Rey in Del Rey Oaks and River Road in Salinas.

I am planing on getting there between 7:30 and 8:00 AM and am looking forward to meeting many of you. My car is medium blue with white stripes and black pipes.

I also live in Pebble Beach so i can leave anyone's name at the gate so if you want to see the exhibits at the PB Lodge or cruise the 17 mile drive, I can get you in without having to pay the $9.50 gate fee. Just PM me or email me if you want gate clearance.

If anyone wnats to meet up for lunch or dinner anytime during the week, let me know. I will be at Baja Cantina Thursday from about 2:30 on and at the track all day Saturday. I have no other definate plans other then that, but will be stopping by the Mecam auction and PB Lodge exhibits sometime on Friday. I am available all week as i am retired, so if anyone wants to hang out just let me know. I will be going to the track with a friend but he has his own car so I will have an empty seat if anyone needs a ride to the races on Saturday. I will be leaving no later than 7:30 AM though.

Hope to see a bunch of you during the week.

Mike
Bxx1 likes this.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:33 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Mike,

Are you bringing a large EZ-UP on Saturday?

The only way to make it worth it is to daisy-chain about four or more together side by side. I thought about brining my 10x15 at one point but only if we could get a group of us to do it together. If we had a committment from others, after we park all the Cobras I would consider bringing mine out later in another car on at 10:30 Saturday morning. We'd have to find a good place to put them up. Might be pain to get them out there after the Corral is full, etc. I'd consider it if we could chain five or more together. PM me if needed. Thanks. DC

Last edited by decooney; 08-08-2012 at 09:36 PM..
Old 08-09-2012, 07:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I don't own one anymore because it would not fit in the cobra and I usually go to events in the Cobra and do not have anyone else to bring it. So i sold mine a few months ago. The down side of a cobra trunk.

Last time I was at the track it was so hot that all the spectators near me were huddled up under the stairs of the bridge just to get out of the sun. My steering wheel got so hot, I could not hold it with my hands. I had to drive with my arms through the spokes and used rags to insulate my arms. That taught me to bring gloves even on a nice day. So if we can get people that are bringing other vehicles to bring along some canopies I know they will be well used.

Mike
Old 08-09-2012, 11:55 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yeah, I'm not much in to lugging a huge tent in/out either. Oh well, we'll just need to wear big hats, lots of sunblock, bring plenty of hydration and find shade as usual.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:45 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Relax Duane...breath deep...relax.

For crying out loud, we're going to leaving triple digits here in the Valley...it'll be fine on the coast. Morgan and my partner were just there for the MotoGP...froze their butts off except for a couple of hours in the afternoon. I'm over in salinas damn near every week (going to be there Sunday and Monday in fact), and it surely should be hotter there. Folks on the coast think high 80s/low 90s is a heat wave.

Relax...breath....no need to build a village.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:04 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Weather should be perfect! We've been getting a good blanket of morning fog in the Monterey Bay that has been burning off at about 10:00 am. Expected to be about 80 degrees on Saturday.

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 08-10-2012, 12:16 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ron, the village you are thinking of ended in 2008 and I aim to keep it that way. I'm on vacation this time. Don't miss leaving 103 here yesterday either.

We have family in Carmel / Pacific grove, so we get a weekly weather update. Our group will be there for six days in the sun. Cooler weather, and maybe even some fog would nice.

Last edited by decooney; 08-10-2012 at 12:37 PM..
Old 08-10-2012, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Hehehe...I meant a "village" of EZ-Ups, but I get what you're saying and happy to hear it.

Now they're saying 110 here today...
Old 08-10-2012, 06:14 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #185, Shelby Alloy 482; sold
Not Ranked     

Although Seca can be warmer, forecast for Monterey Saturday is 64 degrees.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I'll be up there Thursday through Sunday, are there any social/get together activites planed for the days/evenings?
Old 08-10-2012, 08:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

well guys, i have lived on the Monterey peninsula for almost 40 years. So i have seen every kind of weather we get. Laguna Seca is an animal all of it's own when it comes to weather. If the fog is in close enough, it does stay pretty cool. But as it sits down in a bowl surrounded by hills, if the sun is out it can easily break 100. And remember the humidity around here is always about 98%. So all I am saying is to prepare for the all kinds of weather. I have been there freezing my butt off and also when it is 110. There is no telling what it will be on race day. Even if it is 64 in monterey, it still could be darn hot at the track. Then again it could be windy and cold. As we tell all turists, dress in layers. The weather can change by the hour out there. As long as you are prepared for whatever the weather winds up being, you will be fine.

Mike