Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   Roll Call: 2012 Monterey Motorsports (Cobra) Reunion, Sat Aug 18th (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/114457-roll-call-2012-monterey-motorsports-cobra-reunion-sat-aug-18th.html)

decooney 02-20-2012 10:14 AM

Roll Call: 2012 Monterey Motorsports (Cobra) Reunion, Sat Aug 18th

With all the different Cobra reunion events going on this year, there is one during Monterey Car Week August 2012 worth noting again to CC members who plan to be there on Saturday at Laguna (track). Many of us from the Club Cobra regions have met up in the past at Laguna Seca Raceway, more so on Saturday, at or near the established corral area, sometime around lunch period is what typically occurs.

Hopefully around NOON (before or after parade laps - if they occur) we'll get a chance to shake hands and say hello between fellow CC members, or even take a few photos together like we did during the Ford 100 Anniversary. That was a blast. This should be even better for Cobraphiles. Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion at Laguna Seca

Hope to see some of you CC members there among the sea of original and replica Cobras attending this year. I'll be there Saturday with 25 other cobras coming together from my region; solid metallic Blue ERA 427SC Cobra. :)

And you?

Jamo 02-20-2012 11:26 AM

Made my reservations the day after the 2011 event.

4pipes 02-20-2012 11:34 AM

I'll be there Saturday.

cobrakidz 02-20-2012 11:43 PM

I'll be there.

Blas 02-21-2012 04:14 AM

I'll be there...

cobrajeff 02-21-2012 04:18 AM

I'll be there...

Got the Bug 02-21-2012 10:41 AM

I'm going to go down to Laguna on Saturday for sure. May try and get down for some events on Friday as well.

Clayboy 02-21-2012 12:53 PM

I'll be there...

Bob

Bxx1 02-21-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clayboy (Post 1177192)
I'll be there...

Bob

Me two.....**)

John Montgomery 02-21-2012 04:44 PM

I'll be there!

John

tkb289 02-21-2012 06:48 PM

I'll be there ... :)

my427cobra 02-21-2012 06:52 PM

I'll be there Thurs, Fri , Sat and Sun. See you all there.

Cheers
Greg

scootter 02-21-2012 07:46 PM

Danette and I will be there Saturday!!
Ford 100 year back in 2003
http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...8151cobra8.bmp
http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...8151cobra6.bmp

Earl J 02-21-2012 08:26 PM

A little birdie told me or should I say I heard it through the grapevine that parade laps will be preferential to cars that have CSX numbers ie 2000, 3000 then 4000 and the rest. But that's what's being kicked around in the planning department. Nothing is set in stone as of yet, i'm just say'in. There is also talk of the six CSX 2000 series Daytona's being present, but hey it ain't August yet.

Cheers,
~Earl J

Dangerous Doug 02-21-2012 09:26 PM

I'll be there Saturday.

Randy Rosenberg 02-21-2012 09:27 PM

Thanks Earl. I have no problem with "fakey-do's" being relegated to back of the line. That's what happened in 2003...

decooney 02-21-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earl J (Post 1177290)
A little birdie told me or should I say I heard it through the grapevine that parade laps will be preferential to cars that have CSX numbers ie 2000, 3000 then 4000 and the rest. But that's what's being kicked around in the planning department. Nothing is set in stone as of yet, i'm just say'in. There is also talk of the six CSX 2000 series Daytona's being present, but hey it ain't August yet.

Cheers,
~Earl J

Hehehe. Just like the Ford 100, it won't matter. The front is going to be at the back as soon as they catch up with one solid loop of Cobras driving at 6mph. :LOL:

Jamo 02-22-2012 02:58 PM

Assactly.

BTW, I do not intend to get kicked out again due to my foot slipping off the clutch pedal below the Flag Room...

Got the Bug 02-23-2012 08:56 PM

Any word on parking? Sounded like Mike was trying to get some corral space for the BACC.

Guessing that there will be enough original and replica Cobras to stretch around the entire track.

Earl J 02-23-2012 09:00 PM

Another tad bit of information, again not set in stone. The total number of cars being allowed out on the track for parade laps, I believe is 200 due to time constraints. Remember there are races going on.

The real hassle is getting out of the Laguna paddock, and into the hot lane, and then go two cars abreast immediately. Getting folks to understand that and pull it off in an orderly manner will be the challenge for SA, Norcal SAAC and Laguna track folks. From what I understood there will be stickers for the windshield indicating approval for parade laps. Again to control time and lessen confusion as to who goes and who doesn’t. Show up late and think you’re just going to jump in. I think not.

Anyway as details solidify (it’s still early), I’ll periodically update. I think it wise to let you guys know this earlier to minimize any disappointment.

Cheers,
~Earl J