23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2012, 09:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPC #0039, 427R Roush
Not Ranked     

What about a Rossion (sp?)...dunno what they go for. They used to be called Nobles. Definitely a rocket ship and you won't see yourself coming and going in one. Maybe they're beyond the $60K limit in used condition.

Just a thought.

Rick
Old 03-03-2012, 03:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #2899 Dart 440 stroker 771 hp w/nitrous
Not Ranked     
Default Replacement for cobra

Max - After my cobra was totaled, I began looking for a safer and more comfy vehicle. I also looked for a vehicle that makes me look at it twice when I garage it at night and makes me go...WOW!!! every time I see it. Honestly, I have not found it. I really tried....my wife was asking me to get a safer toy! Went to Bakers in AZ. drove a twin turbo porsche....not the same....Z06 ...nice but not the same...Pantera ....been there done that! Everytime I tried another I came back to the snake. So many great cars out there but that exhilarating feel just is not there...keep the snake and check out the Perana Z1.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Have owned and body off restored several muscle cars over the years last one a 69 SS Chevelle 454 4 speed.Loved that car,after finishing the Cobra knew right away I had found what I was looking for.The anticipation of driving it makes me warm seeing it sitting same feeling.Fired up feeling the pistons and big block crank shake the car at idle,then rowing through the gears,all feelings the new generation of muscle cars lack BIG TIME!!!! Once drove an SRT8 Dodge with similar hp as SS Chevelle was not even close to same driving experience.In the end no other car could ever replace the Cobra except maybe a Cheetah.So looks like my Car has a permenant home,Oh the agony of it all!
Old 03-03-2012, 01:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Well, the short answer for me is there is no replacement for a Cobra in my budget. Alot of heartless transportation which is good for day to day but not toy. I would love a Ford GT but wow, $140K used. I havent given up, but running out of options. Excellent suggestions everyone!!
Old 03-03-2012, 04:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Ford GT

We have a guy in town who sells lots of Ford GT's all over the country and overseas too, he is getting 165k and up on used GT's with 5 to 10k miles. He just sold a twin turbo modified GT for 190k, the only thing I have seen in the 100-140k range are salvage title cars.

A GT is a pretty good Cobra replacement, holds no luggage, can't leave it anywhere for fear of people screwing around with it, everyone wants to race you, little kids stare at it, major overheating if you increase the power, it will bite you in the A## instantly if you are not paying attention, and it is so fast that it is boring on public roads.
Old 03-03-2012, 05:59 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra #3170 View Post
We have a guy in town who sells lots of Ford GT's all over the country and overseas too, he is getting 165k and up on used GT's with 5 to 10k miles. He just sold a twin turbo modified GT for 190k, the only thing I have seen in the 100-140k range are salvage title cars.

A GT is a pretty good Cobra replacement, holds no luggage, can't leave it anywhere for fear of people screwing around with it, everyone wants to race you, little kids stare at it, major overheating if you increase the power, it will bite you in the A## instantly if you are not paying attention, and it is so fast that it is boring on public roads.
The attention they garner can be a pain in arse at times.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I just finished reading this thread and have a very simillar delima

I have dreamed about having an SPF cobra and a FORD GT for years and now that I own both I would really like to find a daily driver that will give you that excitement when you look at it on the road and in the garage , my search to date has involved the Mustang GT500 for the most part as it has 4 seats and is performance orientated , the only problem with the mustang is there is about 2 gazillion of them on the road , so it is very hard to get excited about them , I have aslo looked at the new Camaro , but I am not much of a Chevy fan

I guess i will stay with my very , very modest 2001 Mazda protege as a daily driver until something else pops up , my freinds say I am a sleeper based on what I drive compared to the inventory in the garage , I am good with that

Oh yeah , good luck finding a no story FORD GT around 140K with low mileage and no stories
Old 03-03-2012, 09:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FIA #2108
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL 1 View Post
As well as a Cobra. I've met more people around town just by their desire to talk about my Cobra. I live in a smaller community (what? 25k people?) and my Cobra almost makes me a small town celebrity. But it's not just here.

I like talking and listening to people (well, to a point: some people want to be my next best friend...) and I meet all kinds of characters. Most are polite and interesting, and gracious enough to realize my social queues mean I'm a man in motion.

Would that happen with a Viper? Probably not. Corvette? Certainly not. Ford GT or a GT-40 replica? Yeah, but I like no top.

Lister-Corvette (Beck)? Yeah, that'd get attention. If I had to lose the Cobra and get another toy that stirs my soul the way the Cobra does? Yeah, a Lister-Corvette (replica).

DD

"You're kidding, right?"
Old 03-03-2012, 11:51 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

henrik...concerning your avatar!

Muchas gracias.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
As it can be with any great looking car, bike,truck,even antique John Deere tractors.Most of the time it is not an issue love to shoot the breeze.Other times when on a time contraint yes it is!
Old 03-04-2012, 08:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Diecast for now
Not Ranked     

BMW Z8 ?
It has the M5 engine, open top, reliable as a daily driver, and you don't see them very often.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:39 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

How about a SPF Grand Sport?
Old 03-04-2012, 08:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I have not read this entire post...pretty much skimmed over it...

That being said...as a "Daily Driver" for around 60K...I personally have owned M3's, M5's, MB E63's, and a Jeep Cherokee SRT8...all of them were great for "Daily Driving"...HOWEVER, my latest purchase was a 2011 CTS -V Coupe...I upgraded the wheels and that's all I had to do to it...the car is an absolute beast...drives perfect...isn't "too showy"...and...on the open rode...I would bet pink slips with just about any car (in the same price range, that isn't modified to all hell...)...Bang for your Buck on what you can get STOCK on a CTS-V...there really isn't much out there to compare!
Old 03-04-2012, 09:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

No BMW, junk, continues oil leaks, dash lights and outrageus maint prices. Speaking from experience, 2000 528, 2005 545, couldn't give me one. Just traded one off after being informed $2500 oil leak repairs on 60 k mile car.

Like the cts v need to check it out!
Old 03-04-2012, 09:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

No BMW, junk, continues oil leaks, dash lights and outrageus maint prices. Speaking from experience, 2000 528, 2005 545, couldn't give me one. Just traded one off after being informed $2500 oil leak repairs on 60 k mile car.

Like the cts v need to check it out!
Old 03-04-2012, 09:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Like the cts v need to check it out![/quote]

It is definitely worth checking out...I have a blast in mine...has unreal performance (for a production car) along with pretty solid technology (for a Cadillac)...not to mention, I personally love the looks of it!
Old 03-04-2012, 04:39 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
How about a SPF Grand Sport?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Cormier View Post
BMW Z8 ?
It has the M5 engine, open top, reliable as a daily driver, and you don't see them very often.
First, the marooney (MSRP) on an SPF GS Vette is $90,000, for a roller. That's not $60K. I personally don't like their looks, but that's JMHO.

Second, if you can find a Z8 for $60K that doesn't have a salvage title, I'll buy it. I love the looks and they retain their value similarly to the Ford GT. Z8's are $90,000-$120,000 cars last time I checked.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxx View Post
Well, the short answer for me is there is no replacement for a Cobra in my budget. Alot of heartless transportation which is good for day to day but not toy. I would love a Ford GT but wow, $140K used. I havent given up, but running out of options. Excellent suggestions everyone!!
Pat.

You don't like Vette nor BMW - they break down...?

You consider the CTS-V... but that is HUGE (and closed) compaired to the Cobra

If you look for a <$60', fast, comfortable, reliable car with "rain protection" - and something to replace a Cobra (Close to that feeling) - then you should consider a small open car - the cts-v is far too big (as the M5) and the Ferrari will drain you on service.

The RS4 cab, slk 55, Acura NSX or something similar should meet your need...

Have fun looking - in the end you will go back to a Cobra and a boring ...
Old 03-05-2012, 02:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

I'm with Jamo on this. When I look at Henrik's avatar, I forget all about my Cobra.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...
Old 03-05-2012, 05:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Breezing through these posts and thinking about it more.Nothing could come close to replacing a Cobra for me just because of the history.I have wanted a Cobra for so many years (since a teenager) that honestly would not consider any other two seater period.Done with this thread was healthy thinking outside of the box.