MMG Superformance
May 2024
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  
View Poll Results: Would you rather buy a Kirkham for $100,000 or a CSX continuation for $200,000?
Kirkham $100,000 68 62.96%
CSX continuation $200,000 9 8.33%
neither, they are both overpriced 31 28.70%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2013, 11:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #684, 482FE, Mike Mccluskey build
Send a message via Skype™ to fordracing65
Not Ranked     
Default Which would you rather have???

Would you rather buy or which is a better deal, a Kirkham for $100,000 or a continuation CSX aluminum for $200,000? Both cars would be set up the same with engine, transmission to make the comparision equal with specs...Vote to keep track...Kirkham, CSX or Neither???

Last edited by fordracing65; 08-17-2013 at 12:05 PM..
Old 08-17-2013, 12:04 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Neither, not interested.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Cobra/427
Not Ranked     

Neither
Old 08-17-2013, 01:22 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

No budget? I'll take the CSX Continuation.

Realistically? Neither.
Old 08-17-2013, 01:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by itstock View Post
No budget? I'll take the CSX Continuation.

Realistically? Neither.
LOL, no budget ill take an original...
Old 08-17-2013, 01:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: jbl
Not Ranked     

since we're playing with monopoly money, I'll take the continuation, they're both the same right?
OZCOBRA likes this.
Old 08-17-2013, 02:06 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordracing65 View Post
LOL, no budget ill take an original...
touche

I think that a more simple question would have driven the point home....

"If someone offered to give you a Kirkham or a Continuation CSX, which would you take?"

I wouldn't hesitate on taking the Continuation over the Kirkham (even though that would be the opposite of whatever point it is that you are trying to make).
Old 08-17-2013, 02:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by itstock View Post
touche

I think that a more simple question would have driven the point home....

"If someone offered to give you a Kirkham or a Continuation CSX, which would you take?"

I wouldn't hesitate on taking the Continuation over the Kirkham (even though that would be the opposite of whatever point it is that you are trying to make).
My question is if you were spending your own money which do you prefer and which do you think is a better value...If it was offered I would take the car that starts out costing more a CSX cause when I sold it I would have money left over after I bought a Kirkham...I CLEARLY STATED BUY...

Last edited by fordracing65; 08-17-2013 at 02:32 PM..
Old 08-18-2013, 06:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Cobra/427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAsque1 View Post
Neither
$$$ being no object I would move to the CSX 427 in aluminum with all the great options. That said; I must say that I would not sell my West Coast Cobra, I am too attached to it
Old 08-18-2013, 07:02 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Would you rat hers buy or which is a better deal, a Kirkham for $100,000 or a continuation CSX aluminum for $200,000? Both cars would be set up the same with engine, transmission to make the comparision equal with specs...Vote to keep track...Kirkham, CSX or Neither???
Your question is flawed. To start you need a person or assume such person that has sufficient funds to buy either comfortably with descretionary money.

I'm also not sure your poll establishes anything outside of this forum thread and what those voting would personally rather spend their money on given their situation. I think a legitimate poll requires a wee bit more.

Last edited by REAL 1; 08-18-2013 at 07:10 AM..
Old 08-18-2013, 07:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

VOTE 1. Kirkham..

Hell, I will join in...

I think I would stick with my decision to buy a Kirkham.

Maybe a little biased as I already have a Kirkham, but money did not really come into my decision making.

I saw the Kirkham at SAAC a few years back - and sat in one playing with steering, seat adjustments etc - thanks Jamo..

I was talking about buying a low # Shelby COBRA CSX and had the option of an early low # Cobra CSX car at near $1,000,000 or a Shelby continuation at just over $100,000. Neither were seen as an investment, but rather something to own and use.

Completely side tracked in my decision now, I ordered a Kirkham when I arrived home.

Those around me at the time suggested I would probably drive my Kirkham more than a low number CSX original car etc.

Knowing I was side tracked and looking at Hertz cars, GT350 Mustangs and CSX Cobras it was suggested just buy something.. "you will drive and use"

With a GT40, a Mustang convertible etc. in my garage, I did not feel bad about leaving the old CSX Cobra there or the continuation CSX there also, for someone else to buy.

Mmmm and actually, just maybe, I let the new purchaser watch either of them depreciate in value since. No doubt it will increase in the future...

Anyway, my point is, I am glad I purchased the Kirkham saving $900,000 as my wife has a "tit for tat" mentality and would go out and buy something of $1,000,000 value for herself..... It's only fair she would say...

So thank you Kirkhams for my Cobra and for the $900,000 I saved and the additional $1,000,000 I saved if Anne went for a similiar spend. Oooops.. ..that is a $1,900,000 nett saving.

Yes smart decision for me..Vote 1 Kirkham for me.

Now that's smart purchasing, better than my business decisions of late ..

Think I have convinced myself of this anyway..

My point is, I purchased what I wanted and dollars didn't really come into the decision. It was not a savings decision - although my wife would have had some fun spending up..
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026

Last edited by BMK; 08-18-2013 at 08:19 AM..
Old 08-18-2013, 10:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL 1 View Post
Your question is flawed. To start you need a person or assume such person that has sufficient funds to buy either comfortably with descretionary money.

I'm also not sure your poll establishes anything outside of this forum thread and what those voting would personally rather spend their money on given their situation. I think a legitimate poll requires a wee bit more.
It's a flawed poll? I would feel the same way if only 5 people voted for a Kirkham over a CSX, give me a break, start your own poll... I know exactly what I was asking...count so far 24 Kirkham-5 CSX, LOL

Last edited by fordracing65; 08-18-2013 at 10:08 AM.. Reason: votes went from 3 to 5 for a csx. lol
Old 08-18-2013, 10:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Shelby CSX with Kirkham billet suspension and billet block, best of everything then.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:04 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMK View Post
VOTE 1. Kirkham..

Hell, I will join in...

I think I would stick with my decision to buy a Kirkham.

Maybe a little biased as I already have a Kirkham, but money did not really come into my decision making.

I saw the Kirkham at SAAC a few years back - and sat in one playing with steering, seat adjustments etc - thanks Jamo..

I was talking about buying a low # Shelby COBRA CSX and had the option of an early low # Cobra CSX car at near $1,000,000 or a Shelby continuation at just over $100,000. Neither were seen as an investment, but rather something to own and use.

Completely side tracked in my decision now, I ordered a Kirkham when I arrived home.

Those around me at the time suggested I would probably drive my Kirkham more than a low number CSX original car etc.

Knowing I was side tracked and looking at Hertz cars, GT350 Mustangs and CSX Cobras it was suggested just buy something.. "you will drive and use"

With a GT40, a Mustang convertible etc. in my garage, I did not feel bad about leaving the old CSX Cobra there or the continuation CSX there also, for someone else to buy.

Mmmm and actually, just maybe, I let the new purchaser watch either of them depreciate in value since. No doubt it will increase in the future...

Anyway, my point is, I am glad I purchased the Kirkham saving $900,000 as my wife has a "tit for tat" mentality and would go out and buy something of $1,000,000 value for herself..... It's only fair she would say...

So thank you Kirkhams for my Cobra and for the $900,000 I saved and the additional $1,000,000 I saved if Anne went for a similiar spend. Oooops.. ..that is a $1,900,000 nett saving.

Yes smart decision for me..Vote 1 Kirkham for me.

Now that's smart purchasing, better than my business decisions of late ..

Think I have convinced myself of this anyway..

My point is, I purchased what I wanted and dollars didn't really come into the decision. It was not a savings decision - although my wife would have had some fun spending up..

Next time just buy one of each and then think hard about what duplicates you want just like me.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Mark III, Carbed Explorer 302
Not Ranked     

As nice as a Kirkham is, I'll keep my Cobra as built and use the extra $$$ for more fun toys, like a Jag FHC XKE & Pantera. I would buy both!
Proud owner of FFR1004630RD '01 Explorer 302, FRPP B-Cam, Holley S/A 670, HD T-5, Wilwood pedals, 3 link, Koni shocks, 17" Bullett wheels, Baer brakes, Classic gauges, I-Squared wiring, Jaguar Racing Green w/Sliver Stripes

Tagged and road ready in NYSas of 6-5-09 Life is GREAT!

My build log http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/cobra-build-logs/80663-my-cobra-build.html

If you live "Upstate" near Albany, NY send me a PM. Our Cobra gang is growing and looking for new members!
Old 08-18-2013, 03:59 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
It's a flawed poll? I would feel the same way if only 5 people voted for a Kirkham over a CSX, give me a break, start your own poll... I know exactly what I was asking...count so far 24 Kirkham-5 CSX, LOL
I guess your right...you win.

Just a few questions though. What controls did you utilize in this official poll? For instance have you done anything to rule out bias? Not that there is any here but just asking. Also what do you mean by a better deal or a better buy? Seems subject to interpretation to me. Just a couple issues. There are more but you should start wtih those.

Maybe you can get a job with Gallop
Ron61 likes this.
Old 08-18-2013, 04:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I am biased so maybe my vote is not counted..
Old 08-18-2013, 04:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Exclamation

OnyxRider

Yes good idea. Just need a bigger garage!....

Old 08-18-2013, 04:16 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
I too would have setup the poll differently, but I'm wondering how the Kirkham is seen as overpriced for an alloy choice.

ERA's aren't all that cheap. I think DanEC said on a different thread recently that they're in the $60-70K range. And the roller prices for a Superformance is around $60K-ish. The unpainted roller from Kirkham is $70K.

My opinion is obviously skewed, but if in the market for a roller Cobra, alloy or not, I just wouldn't call the Kirkham overpriced.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
I guess your right...you win.

Just a few questions though. What controls did you utilize in this official poll? For instance have you done anything to rule out bias? Not that there is any here but just asking. Also what do you mean by a better deal or a better buy? Seems subject to interpretation to me. Just a couple issues. There are more but you should start wtih those.

I would rather work for you as your paralegal, then with the huge salary you would pay me ill buy a KIT CSX with my extra holdings...