Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

[quote=REAL 1;1271311]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark IV View Post
Hey,

If Evan ever wants to get rid of that fake, unoriginal, clone, ersatz "kit car" Cobra of his, well, I'd be willing to give him twenty bucks or so!:

---------------

If I had one of those I might sell it to you. However, sounds like you're shopping for a "Hunter Kit Car Cobra". Visit the "Hunter Kit Car Cobra" site for more info. Doesn't get more ersatz than that. You may not get a Coyote motor ( fantastic motor btw) but you do get a kit car that's too long and wide with Corvette suspension.

Well everybody knows that "Real Cobras" used Corvette suspension, except for the ones that used Jaguar parts!

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/
Old 11-09-2013, 05:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCR SLC, Graziano 6-spd, LS3
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL 1 View Post
If I had one of those I might sell it to you. However, sounds like you're shopping for a "Hunter Kit Car Cobra". Visit the "Hunter Kit Car Cobra" site for more info. Doesn't get more ersatz than that. You may not get a Coyote motor ( fantastic motor btw) but you do get a kit car that's too long and wide with Corvette suspension.

If you're going to insult my car, at least get it right. Hunter is NARROWER than your "real" replica - it was splashed from a narrow hip car.

However, I think I found a REAL Shelby Cobra I can afford: National Products Shelby Cobra Ride-on 12V

It's a Shelby Lincensed product and clearly says "Shelby Cobra" right on the windshield - IT'S REAL!!!
Old 11-09-2013, 06:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

This is a good demo of a capability that can be used to teach others. I see on here all the time due to toe emissions and other rules in Australia that they even put Chevy motors I. Cobras because ford didn't have a crate motor. Now they do and it fits in a cobra. It might not be old school but it is all ford!
Old 11-09-2013, 10:45 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
Someone please post the "beat the dead horse" emoticon.

I'm not getting in this one

Quote:
Clearly. You bought a "Hunter". When you want a Cobra and not a replica of one it costs more $.

I was wondering what you meant by hunter until I read further. If you could go back in time would you still make your Cobra purchase? What's the difference in price for a similar Cobra purchased today compared to when you purchased yours.

Darn when I read you owned an Excalibur I thought you owned an Excalibur, not a cobra excalibur. See I told you I didn't know much about the replicas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordracing65 View Post
Let's put an electric motor in one, oh ya, it's been done, go figure... EVAN YOU HEAR THAT LOUD AND CLEAR, HE SAYS YOUR CAR IS NOT A REAL COBRA OR ORIGIANL, LOL

You know funny you mention electric motor. I sent Jambo a PM asking him if anyone ever put electric propulsion in a cobra. Maybe sacriligious you will miss all the noise.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:26 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSB View Post
If you're going to insult my car, at least get it right. Hunter is NARROWER than your "real" replica - it was splashed from a narrow hip car.

However, I think I found a REAL Shelby Cobra I can afford: National Products Shelby Cobra Ride-on 12V

It's a Shelby Lincensed product and clearly says "Shelby Cobra" right on the windshield - IT'S REAL!!!
I wasn't insulting your car. No,no,no...I just stated facts. Maybe you are insulted but facts is facts. As to insults, quite simply it was you who attempted insult first my friend. What are you insulted about? You don't know your car is a "kit car"? You are astounded to find out it is a fake Cobra, ersatz, not real, a pretend Cobra? Sorry to break the news. If that upset you why did you refer to Continuation cars as overpriced kits? Was that your way of complimenting them? Hey if you don't like getting pushed don't push others. You may get pushed back. Not that it upset me. It didn't...just keeping it straight here.

Hunters were "splashed" from a narrow hip car? Really???... which CSX# was it splashed from? I'm sure you have this info. Right?

Thanks for posting the link to the little Costco Cobra. That is cool! I think I'll pick one up for the holidays for my Garage Loft display. BTW, it does not appear you understand the difference between a licensed product and the real deal. I will say, however, at least that little battery powered Cobra is licensed. Your Hunter can't even boast that.

Last edited by REAL 1; 11-09-2013 at 12:32 PM..
Old 11-09-2013, 12:50 PM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX #4xxx with CSX 482; David Kee Toploader
Not Ranked     

Evan, If you buy Avons and scrawl Billboard lettering on them, I will be forever deflated (pun intended! Hey, I'm here all week!)
Old 11-09-2013, 01:47 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernica View Post
Evan, If you buy Avons and scrawl Billboard lettering on them, I will be forever deflated (pun intended! Hey, I'm here all week!)
As deflated as your Billboards????

Avons are an option. If I do put on Avons may just use the Avon White lettering. Good Year letter is preferred though and I'm thinking most won't even know any way.

Don't know right now.
Old 11-09-2013, 01:59 PM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX #4xxx with CSX 482; David Kee Toploader
Not Ranked     

Quote:
As deflated as your Billboards????

Avons are an option. If I do put on Avons may just use the Avon White lettering. Good Year letter is preferred though and I'm thinking most won't even know any way.

Don't know right now.
Yeah, I think I set the bar on 'dem tires. Will hang one on the wall. Avon white lettering IMHO and keep it "real" for whatever that means these days.
Old 11-09-2013, 03:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
If that upset you why did you refer to Continuation cars as overpriced kits? Was that your way of complimenting them? Hey if you don't like getting pushed don't push others. You may get pushed back. Not that it upset me. It didn't...just keeping it straight here.
I never said I was upset. You don't upset me Evan, you crack me up. If continuation cars aren't kit cars, why don't they come with an engine and transmission? I don't know of any automobile manufacturer in the US who sells their cars without engines and transmissions. As for the replica part, even THE Registry lists them as replicas. So, the facts are the continuation cars are kit replicas of 1960s Shelby Cobras. Maybe you are insulted but facts is facts.

Overpriced - OK, I'll fully admit that's just my opinion. I also don't know of any other company who buys another company's product, add their serial number, then re-sell it for a $30-40K upcharge.

I never represented my Hunter as anything other than a replica, and a far from exact one at that. I purposely built it more as a hot rod than a replica.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Boss Replica Motors BB 460 by New Generation Engines
Not Ranked     

What's all the pissin' about? I am an old fart who has always believed that "You gets' what you pay for"! I understand that a kit car uses pre-owned donar parts when assembled. A Hand built Replica only uses new custom, by hand made parts. Any cobra that is owned and being on the road is someones Pride and Joy. If it lacks "P and J", it is sold and becomes someone elses Pride and Joy. Like all hobbies, it is not a contest, but a way of passing time in a most rewarding way. To be a hobby, all it takes is to feel good inside. No matter what looks or performs like. Thats just an old farts way of looking at things.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:29 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
So, the facts are the continuation cars are kit replicas of 1960s Shelby Cobras. Maybe you are insulted but facts is facts.
OMG really? Again? We've seen this movie before.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:46 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
I never said I was upset. You don't upset me Evan, you crack me up. If continuation cars aren't kit cars, why don't they come with an engine and transmission? I don't know of any automobile manufacturer in the US who sells their cars without engines and transmissions. As for the replica part, even THE Registry lists them as replicas. So, the facts are the continuation cars are kit replicas of 1960s Shelby Cobras. Maybe you are insulted but facts is facts.

Overpriced - OK, I'll fully admit that's just my opinion. I also don't know of any other company who buys another company's product, add their serial number, then re-sell it for a $30-40K upcharge.

I never represented my Hunter as anything other than a replica, and a far from exact one at that. I purposely built it more as a hot rod than a replica.
Uh, actually no. Facts are facts but you need to get them straight.

The Registry does not define the Continuation Cobras as replicas or kits. They clearly set forth these definitions. You need to read more carefully. A lot of reading comprehension issues on this site. "Kit" and "Replica" is clearly defined by the SAAC Registry and the Shelby Continuation Cobra does not fit in those definitions. The Hunter however does. Please don't come here and say you read something when what you post clearly evinces you did not. It makes you look like you are just making $hit up or have a serious reading comprehension problem.

If you don't know why Continuation Cobras can't leave SAI with engine and transmission today you need to do your research. I can't educate everyone but being involved with Cobras or replicas thereof you should know this.

By your definition the original series were "kits" too since they came into the country without engine and transmission and had to be completed by SAI. Tell me you didn't know this. Oh, and if you don't know of another company that buys another companies product and re-sells for an upcharge you are truly lost. We can start with SAI circa 1962 to 1968. You didn't know this either!

What about Lexus, Infiniti, Cadillac. All use donors from lesser divisions for their products and sells for an upcharge. Don't tell me you didn't at least know this???Sheesh.

Last edited by REAL 1; 11-09-2013 at 08:53 PM..
Old 11-10-2013, 02:44 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Smile

It seems that I have read similiar versions of this thread before and Evan always comes up with some amusing facts. Evan, why don't you just buy an Original cobra and then you could avoid all of this having to defend yours which for the most part I agree with all you have said about it.

Ron
brettco likes this.

View my Miscellaneous Gallery

Last edited by Ron61; 11-10-2013 at 05:01 AM..
Old 11-10-2013, 03:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Mother you said it well owning these cars is not a contest it is a hobby. But it seems the forums are turning into these pissin matches. I used to look forward in the morning to setting down in front of the computer and visit the forums. Getting to be too much "he said she said" "my dad can beat up your dad" my kit is correct with an FE yours is not. When I was a kid never imagined adults acting like this. I was wrong,thankfully the mouse makes avoiding the bickering quite easy. Every once in a while jump into a fray when something touches nerve must be the human nature thing.
Old 11-10-2013, 04:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

jay carney could take lessons from these "it is real" threads
Old 11-10-2013, 07:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

Who wrote/compiled this "registry" that some keep referring to?
Old 11-10-2013, 07:51 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

No piss'n matches as far as I'm concerned. Just keeping the facts straight on a public forum when incorrect/inaccurate BS is posted and spewed.

Yes, Jay Carney could take a lesson here on 1. How to say incorrect and misleading crap/BS (from the usual CSX envy peanut gallery) which he is already very proficient at and 2. if he wanted to actually stop spewing BS and see and learn how to say it like it is he could certainly learn from yours truly.

Ron: My "amusing facts" are taken from the SAAC Registry. I don't spin this stuff from whole cloth. The reason I don't buy an original is that #1. I get sufficient enjoyment out of mine and it has already consumed enough disposable income into the six figures and I have other places I'd rather spend any extra disposable income #2. It is a genuine Shelby Cobra nearly exact down to every detail to the original series providing me the same driving experience #3. What non Continuation owners say doesn't bother me in the least as their statements and opinions amount to 0 as far as authority and recognition #4. My responses are merely for keeping the facts straight on a worldwide public forum where many visit looking for information and I can't have their BS go unchallenged and uncorrected #5. I am heartened by the fact that Ron61 agrees for the most part with all I have said.

Last edited by REAL 1; 11-10-2013 at 07:56 AM..
Old 11-10-2013, 07:54 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhv48 View Post
Who wrote/compiled this "registry" that some keep referring to?
Is that a serious question????

Somebody help this man!
Old 11-10-2013, 10:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

If you don't know who wrote it, just say so.
Dimis likes this.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhv48 View Post
if you don't know who wrote it, just say so.
:lol:

Last edited by PSB; 11-10-2013 at 05:11 PM..
Closed Thread

Tags
cobra, coyote, csx6000, ford racing