21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2013, 01:47 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Default Kirkham Flood Car up for auction

CLICK HERE

Same site has a wrecked Ford GT as well: CLICK HERE

I have no affiliation to either of these cars.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 12-29-2013, 05:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance
Not Ranked     

Thanks for posting this. Surprised no one has commented yet (holiday week?).

Watching both and the Kirkham is at $40K (reserve met) with under 24 hours to go. I wonder if this was that Texas car that ended up in a canal and was posted here a while back hanging from a crane? Runs and looks complete? If it stays at $40K it could be well bought.

The GT has crept up to $108K (reserve also met). Two pristine examples recently went in the $220K range at Mecum-Anaheim. I'm guessing perhaps $20K in parts to get this one close to right (lower valance, rear diffuser, rear wheel, oil pan and Lord knows what else)?

Of course, each has a salvaged title so resale-ability is, hmmmmm, lower. Buy to keep and enjoy! Or where's Richard Rawlings to flip both?!?

Last edited by ACademic; 12-29-2013 at 05:31 PM..
Old 12-29-2013, 05:50 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACademic View Post
Thanks for posting this. Surprised no one has commented yet (holiday week?).

Watching both and the Kirkham is at $40K (reserve met) with under 24 hours to go. I wonder if this was that Texas car that ended up in a canal and was posted here a while back hanging from a crane? Runs and looks complete? If it stays at $40K it could be well bought.

The GT has crept up to $108K (reserve also met). Two pristine examples recently went in the $220K range at Mecum-Anaheim. I'm guessing perhaps $20K in parts to get this one close to right (lower valance, rear diffuser, rear wheel, oil pan and Lord knows what else)?

Of course, each has a salvaged title so resale-ability is, hmmmmm, lower. Buy to keep and enjoy! Or where's Richard Rawlings to flip both?!?

Colorado, fresh water flood when a small creek decided it wanted to become a raging river. Water up to the bottom of the dash I believe, in the owners garage along with his Caterham "7" which is also being auctioned off on the same site by the insurance company who paid off on both cars.

That is all I know, so no PM's will be responded to asking for more information.......I do not have any other information...........

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 12-29-2013, 06:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I need a bigger garage!! Looks like a great deal. Budget worse case 20k for mechanicals, 5k for interior and cosmetics and your at 65k for a kirkham. Thanks for posting!!
Old 12-30-2013, 01:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 744/428/TKO 600
Not Ranked     

61K and still climbing. Not including the buyers fee ($2000)and State Tax at 2.5%. Not bad considering it probably could have been bought for between 70-75K before the flood damage/salvage title. Asking price was 75K and that included a 2 four barrel carb setup and a top. They weren't included in this sale. If someone from this board bought the car, I believe the original owner has those items and would let them go.

Last edited by sea2jet; 12-30-2013 at 01:45 PM..
Old 12-30-2013, 01:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance
Not Ranked     

If the posted end times of both auctions hold true (after the last bid sticks for at least 10 minutes thereafter), the Kirkham went for $61,105 and the Ford GT for $139,880. Not so sure either was 'well bought' at those levels (salvaged titles and all).
Old 12-30-2013, 01:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Close, the Cobra sold for $61,155.00 plus fees. Almost 65K in all, plus state sales tax if the buyer wasn't a dealer.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:02 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

If the cars are restored to an 'as new' condition, can the titles be revised to take the change into account? If so, is the seller still obliged to disclose the cars' histories?
Old 12-30-2013, 02:11 PM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX #4xxx with CSX 482; David Kee Toploader
Not Ranked     

A great buy for someone! I also wonder with a "specialty built car", if you would be able to petition the DMV for non-salvage title. I doubt it without the insurance company being involve. But, if you can prove it has been completely once-again gone through as a Specialty-Built car and no physical / structural damage with pics and docs, would you have a chance?
Old 12-30-2013, 03:14 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea2jet View Post
61K and still climbing. Not including the buyers fee ($2000)and State Tax at 2.5%. Not bad considering it probably could have been bought for between 70-75K before the flood damage/salvage title. Asking price was 75K and that included a 2 four barrel carb setup and a top. They weren't included in this sale. If someone from this board bought the car, I believe the original owner has those items and would let them go.
To sell a nice Kirkham today, I'd expect to see a sales price of around $90-100K or more depending on the build. One would have to be truly desperate or in dire straits to sell a Kirkham at $70-75K. A basic roller is $70K with no options last I checked.

In my mind, any salvage car would have to be bought at roughly 50% of market value, thus well bought for me for this Kirkham at or under $50K assuming no fatal flaws.
Old 12-30-2013, 03:18 PM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Yup, I agree. "well bought for me"....does that mean you have it Rodnock?
Old 12-30-2013, 03:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Here is the original ad, with no takers at 75K.

Kirkham 427 S/C (# KMP336)

I agree, under 50K would have been a good buy.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby American CSX 8000 Slab Side series, 289 High Pro , Eight Stack EFI system ,TKO500
Not Ranked     

Does anyone know how you get a good title (something other than salvage) out of the State of Texas once it has been rebuilt?
think your neighbors have too many kids.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:37 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     
Default Here's a Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRGEORGE077 View Post
Does anyone know how you get a good title (something other than salvage) out of the State of Texas once it has been rebuilt?
Restrictions

May Not Retitle
A motor vehicle titled with one of the following nonrepairable ownership documents may not be rebuilt, reconstr ucted, retitled, or registered under any circumstances:

• a nonrepairable motor vehicle for which a Texas Nonrepairable Vehicle Title was issued on or after September 1, 2003;
• a comparable out-of-state title or other ownership document that indicates that the vehicle is nonrepairable, junked, for parts or dismantling only; or
• a vehicle for which a Certificate of Authority to Dispose of a Motor Vehicle to a Demolisher for Demolition, Wrecking or Dismantling Only (COA) has been issued.

May Retitle
A motor vehicle titled with one of the following salvage ownership documents may be rebuilt, reconstructed, retitled, and registered:
• Texas Salvage Certificate issued prior to September 1, 2003;
• Texas Salvage Certificate of Title issued prior to September 1, 2003;
• Texas Nonrepairable Certificate of Title issued prior to
• September 1, 2003;
• Texas Salvage Vehicle Title issued on or after September 1, 2003; or
• Comparable out-of-state ownership document

But, I'm a firm believer that if you throw enough money at something you can do anything, regardless of what the regs might say. That said, the full Salvage Dealer and Motor Vehicle Information doc can be downloaded here: ftp://ftp.dot.state.tx.us/pub/txdot-...tr/salnrmv.pdf If you're even thinking about playing this type of game, it's a must-read.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:43 PM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

You're a deep well PatrickT. How deep and what's at the bottom almost scares me.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:49 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernica View Post
... and what's at the bottom
... a deep, thick layer of sludge.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby American CSX 8000 Slab Side series, 289 High Pro , Eight Stack EFI system ,TKO500
Not Ranked     

WOW!! thanks Patrick, I had no ideal.
think your neighbors have too many kids.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Easier ways to make money than deal with the clerks at the courthouse and the runaround. Texas isn't the joke it used to be with titling.

QUOTE=patrickt;1277897]Restrictions

May Not Retitle
A motor vehicle titled with one of the following nonrepairable ownership documents may not be rebuilt, reconstr ucted, retitled, or registered under any circumstances:

• a nonrepairable motor vehicle for which a Texas Nonrepairable Vehicle Title was issued on or after September 1, 2003;
• a comparable out-of-state title or other ownership document that indicates that the vehicle is nonrepairable, junked, for parts or dismantling only; or
• a vehicle for which a Certificate of Authority to Dispose of a Motor Vehicle to a Demolisher for Demolition, Wrecking or Dismantling Only (COA) has been issued.

May Retitle
A motor vehicle titled with one of the following salvage ownership documents may be rebuilt, reconstructed, retitled, and registered:
• Texas Salvage Certificate issued prior to September 1, 2003;
• Texas Salvage Certificate of Title issued prior to September 1, 2003;
• Texas Nonrepairable Certificate of Title issued prior to
• September 1, 2003;
• Texas Salvage Vehicle Title issued on or after September 1, 2003; or
• Comparable out-of-state ownership document

But, I'm a firm believer that if you throw enough money at something you can do anything, regardless of what the regs might say. That said, the full Salvage Dealer and Motor Vehicle Information doc can be downloaded here: ftp://ftp.dot.state.tx.us/pub/txdot-...tr/salnrmv.pdf If you're even thinking about playing this type of game, it's a must-read.[/quote]